Gaming Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Stadia)

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I’m playing this really slowly, only at 60% now, but for all the good things I could say about this game I must admit that its has some serious flaws and the biggest of them for me is the amount of shooting which has got beyond annoying now. I get that they needed to involve a lot of it but the amount of enemies your shoot in almost every single mission is l ridiculous.

It’s still a great game, definitely top 5 of generation for me but I wish they cut 50% or more of shooting.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
There's too many missions where you follow someone for a really really long time and have a long drawn out conversation. Then, when you finally get to the mission, barely anything happens. I did a mission before, took about 40 minutes and literally nothing happened.

I like the game, but it's definitely a much more slower paced game than I would like. More of an 'experience' than a game. I had way more fun playing GTA 5 not gonna lie.

ravi2

There's too many missions where you follow someone for a really really long time and have a long drawn out conversation. Then, when you finally get to the mission, barely anything happens. I did a mission before, took about 40 minutes and literally nothing happened.

I like the game, but it's definitely a much more slower paced game than I would like. More of an 'experience' than a game. I had way more fun playing GTA 5 not gonna lie.
I know what you are saying, I still play GTA when I want to get into a game and have excitement right away.
RDR2 can be a bit ponderous at times but I still think its one of the best games I have ever played.

beedoubleyou

D’Angelo’s quite superb track ‘Unshaken’ has been officially released.

You might want to leave it until you hear it in the game before taking a listen. I think it's quite beautiful.

RUUD_10_LEGEND

D’Angelo’s quite superb track ‘Unshaken’ has been officially released.

You might want to leave it until you hear it in the game before taking a listen. I think it's quite beautiful.
It's brilliant. Along with the song that plays during/leading up to the final mission of chapter 6.

The 30 mins + of credits music is incredible too, a sheer joy to listen to while you gather what's happened in the game and shed a small tear from the experience

beedoubleyou

It's brilliant. Along with the song that plays during/leading up to the final mission of chapter 6.

The 30 mins + of credits music is incredible too, a sheer joy to listen to while you gather what's happened in the game and shed a small tear from the experience
The credits were on for 30 minutes? God, I watched all of them. Looking forward to the release of the entire score.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I upgraded Dutch's lodgings.

Now he plays awful music all the time.

Now I hate being at camp.

Can I kill him?

No Love

Just started a new save. Partly because I get to play as Arthur again, partly because I want to take more time to explore than I did the first time around. Dither my way through and enjoy the ride, rather than taking a workmanlike approach and mopping up missions as and when they appear.

Feels good to have you back, Mr Morgan.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Just started a new save. Partly because I get to play as Arthur again, partly because I want to take more time to explore than I did the first time around. Dither my way through and enjoy the ride, rather than taking a workmanlike approach and mopping up missions as and when they appear.

Feels good to have you back, Mr Morgan.
Just opening this thread has made me want to do that too :lol: it was a fantastic ride even though I was just wanting to complete everything too fast.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Hadn't touched this game after doing around 85% of it at the beginning of December and Fortnite/Apex has taken up all my gaming time. Played for a bit last night just to test out the online and generally just revisit the world, and my word it's even better than I remembered. What an experience just riding around that map is.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Can't wait until this hits the PC. 4K 60 fps on ultra is going to be epic.

Keefy18

Surprised at the level of dissatisfaction of RDR2 on here, For me its an absolute classic.

I’m playing this really slowly, only at 60% now, but for all the good things I could say about this game I must admit that its has some serious flaws and the biggest of them for me is the amount of shooting which has got beyond annoying now. I get that they needed to involve a lot of it but the amount of enemies your shoot in almost every single mission is l ridiculous.

It’s still a great game, definitely top 5 of generation for me but I wish they cut 50% or more of shooting.
It can be slow in places I do agree but the whole world feels so immersive and the detail in every little task is there. I'm the same with regards playing it very slowly, I'm only at 54% currently and I've been playing it since 1 week post release date.

GTA has gone quite childish in many senses, its morphed into a cross over between Fortnite and Saints Row.

I'm more of an old school gamer and hate online and would personally prefer reality over the absolute nonsense the force into games these days.

el3mel

GTA has gone quite childish in many senses, its morphed into a cross over between Fortnite and Saints Row.
Isn't GTA supposed to be like that ? To provide a sarcastic look at the current American life style ?

Keefy18

Isn't GTA supposed to be like that ? To provide a sarcastic look at the current American life style ?
I get the satire theme of it and enjoy it, that's not what I'm on about thought. It's the OTT content that they keep lumping into the game, more so online but its creeping into the story mode also.

Stuff like below its just too much for me, I do prefer a slightly more realistic feel to my gaming. I can have a few bits like aliens and the odd bit of sky diving, mission dependent.

el3mel

I get the satire theme of it and enjoy it, that's not what I'm on about thought. It's the OTT content that they keep lumping into the game, more so online but its creeping into the story mode also.

Stuff like below its just too much for me, I do prefer a slightly more realistic feel to my gaming. I can have a few bits like aliens and the odd bit of sky diving, mission dependent.

GTA for me is meant to be over the top imo when it comes to sarcastic moments . It has a different tone from RDR where sarcastic moments will look pretty awkward in such world full of death.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Still got this in the wrapper just finished spiderman so will start it soon.

Keefy18

GTA for me is meant to be over the top imo when it comes to sarcastic moments . It has a different tone from RDR where sarcastic moments will look pretty awkward in such world full of death.
Yeah I get that, but it feels like they've taken it too far now. I'm all for comedy in the game and it mocking modern society just that some of the content doesn't even feel like its from GTA anymore. I've often started watching a video clip and thought what game is this?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
What are the specs of your machine ?
By the time this will be out I will have it upgraded to new Ryzen that's coming and RTX 2080 possibly.

At the min I'm running zotac 1070ti oc and it's pretty punchy still.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Still got this in the wrapper just finished spiderman so will start it soon.
Your in for a treat, the single player is epic.

The online portion requires a major overhaul though i have had to go back to gta because no one will play red dead anymore.

Raw

I've not touched it since I got the platinum trophy. Online is seriously flawed, it could be so much better but Rockstar are adamant on their greedy microtransaction filled strategy.

I'm glad the online hasn't really affected the story mode, which was damn near perfection for me.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Quite possibly my favourite game ever. Hits the right blend of realism, humour, relatable characters, stunning scenery, story and gameplay. Probably won't touch the inline though, I'm really not into online play.

Handré1990

Have this and The Witcher 3 as my two next games (already bought and downloaded). Can’t really get into them before I have more spare time. Can’t wait!

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Going back to my earlier save to doing hunting and crafting challenges.

Ive read that discussion is where Red Dead heads for the 3 chapter. Looking at the story, I think it'll only be going backwards towards the 1850-1870's.

The story is based on the wild west and Red Dead 1 effectively narrates the end of the Wild West as we know it.

I have a feeling you'll play as a young Dutch and the start of his story with Hosea and Arthur. The civil war also provides assistance in the development of the story arch.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I have a feeling you'll play as a young Dutch and the start of his story with Hosea and Arthur. The civil war also provides assistance in the development of the story arch.
Not sure about that. Would they really make you play as a character you don't like? The only way I could see it happening is if they did multiple characters like in GTA, but it means you don't form as tight a bond with them, which is a big thing in RDR.

Could see it being Arthur again?
It's about time they let you enjoy the good times you keep hearing about, as great as the story is showing their downfall in this one.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I think the 49ers gold rush would be a great setting, generically recreating the area between Denver and San Fran the way they did with the other half of the country.

I don't know how that would tie into the story exactly...

Cloud7

Not sure about that. Would they really make you play as a character you don't like? The only way I could see it happening is if they did multiple characters like in GTA, but it means you don't form as tight a bond with them, which is a big thing in RDR.

Could see it being Arthur again?
It's about time they let you enjoy the good times you keep hearing about, as great as the story is showing their downfall in this one.
Dutch was initially presented to us as this noble, Robin Hood like figure, even though we never get any examples of it in the time that we spend around him.

I think they may very well explore that, his younger days when he actually had some ideals, the beginnings with Hosea etc.

Hughes35

Stated playing this a few weeks ago when I have free time. Superb game. The first proper game I've played in a long time that isn't sports related and I am so glad I started.

Is RDR1 as good? Could you please it after RDR2 do you think? If I ever finish this one I'm very tempted to give it a try also.

Raw

Stated playing this a few weeks ago when I have free time. Superb game. The first proper game I've played in a long time that isn't sports related and I am so glad I started.

Is RDR1 as good? Could you please it after RDR2 do you think? If I ever finish this one I'm very tempted to give it a try also.
RDR1 is brilliant, can't see why you couldn't play it after RDR2. RDR1 is basically set after the events of RDR2.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Dutch was initially presented to us as this noble, Robin Hood like figure, even though we never get any examples of it in the time that we spend around him.

I think they may very well explore that, his younger days when he actually had some ideals, the beginnings with Hosea etc.
But knowing what he turns out like, it's never going to pull the heart strings. It would also be quite confusing, playing someone who's seen as a good guy but knowing he turns out to be a bad guy. How do you approach how you play?
Could be interesting like. Maybe if they went further back and did it with Dutch growing up, so it's not as close to when he turns bad.

Cloud7

But knowing what he turns out like, it's never going to pull the heart strings. It would also be quite confusing, playing someone who's seen as a good guy but knowing he turns out to be a bad guy. How do you approach how you play?
Could be interesting like. Maybe if they went further back and did it with Dutch growing up, so it's not as close to when he turns bad.
Well, I knew anakin was going to become Darth Vader, but all the emotional moments of his life still tugged on my heart strings :lol:

I think it could be done. After Arthur, Dutch is the most interesting and complex character in the gang. I’m positive they could make a proper game with him as the protagonist.