Redcafe Snooker

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
He was evens with the bookies at 0-2 down and it was so predictable he would come back and win.

Allan Taylor isn't the worst player to pick up a cue but there's a reason he was off the tour and doing the MC job last season (although he did a good job to be fair!).

He was out of his depth last night, this kind of thing happens in virtually all of the tournaments - someone down the rankings will get the lead against Ronnie then the nerves kick in and they're physically incapable of getting across the line.
Ronnie played so well after 0-2 though , didn't give Taylor a chance at all.

ChrisNelson

I agree and they could offer pretty much every table then as it would be easy to set up and could be just left.

I always watch the main match on the TV and have the secondary table on the Eurosport Player app - well worth £6.99 a month for snooker fans!

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Ronnie is such a legend , his interviews crack me up so much

Last edited:

ChrisNelson

He wasn’t even in top gear for most of it, didn’t have to be.

Jones couldn’t handle the main table pressure.

Hopefully the final today lives up to its billing with 9 world titles between them.

ChrisNelson

World Grand Prix... Robertson was dumped out last night by Milkins (no shame in that, decent player who I saw beat him at the Crucible in 2013) and Trump staring down the barrel against Holt who is 3-2 up (first to 4).

Would be a huge shock to lose the 2 UK Championship finalists in the first round.

I doubt if Robertson regrets dropping out of the Scottish Open because the UKC final ended so late on the Sunday, and Trump fell earlier than he would have hoped in the Scottish.

Trump at the table with a chance to make it 3-3....

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú

Karen Wilson did this up 13 on Ronnie with the score 3-2 in favour of Wilson . I have never seen something like this before from a top player

ChrisNelson

Karen Wilson did this up 13 on Ronnie with the score 3-2 in favour of Wilson . I have never seen something like this before from a top player
That was a crazy shot and I couldn't believe it when I saw the white drop!

As Neal Foulds said, it shouldn't have been anywhere near the corner pocket.

I think once that happened, mentally he was shot and just couldn't recover. It would have been one thing if the pink & black were safe but he didn't even manage that.

Ronnie has beaten him in a few big finals now, most notably of course the World Championship earlier this year where he reeled off 8 frames in a row when it was close at 10-8.

3 of their previous 5 meetings were also tournament finals and won by Ronnie, comfortably with the exception of the Champion of Champions in 2018 which was 10-9.

Once an opponent has that mental hold over you it's very difficult to overcome it and get over the winning line.

Hoping for wins today for Selby & Lisowski as that will make tomorrow's semi-final quite interesting. Lisowski at his best can beat anyone but he has to be the most inconsistent player on the circuit.

The other semi-final tonight sees Trump vs. O'Sullivan so I will be grabbing a beer and takeaway for that one!

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Jack lisowski just forgot to pot a colour and potted two reds in a row . Don't think I have seen that before either

Alemar

Solid performance by Judd Trump today in the semifinal. He overpowered O’Sullivan 6-1, so it will be Judd against Selby or Lisowski in the final

Alemar

Quite surprisingly, Lisowski has beaten Selby 6-4 and will play against Judd in the final tomorrow.

Alemar

Interesting final. It was 7-2 in favour of Judd, now it’s 8-7 Judd, so Lisowski showed great come back

ChrisNelson

Trump & Lisowski have tested positive for Covid and will not take part in the Masters.
Huge blow for the tournament and wouldn’t be surprised if more follow.

sallycinnamin

Trump & Lisowski have tested positive for Covid and will not take part in the Masters.
Huge blow for the tournament and wouldn’t be surprised if more follow.
Seen that and venue has moved from the Ally Pally. Still looking forward to it. Some snooker at least hopefully.

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
Masters currently going on. Ronnie beats Ding 6-5 after being 0-3 then 3-5 down. Ronnie looks like he can’t pot a ball then has the knack of switching a gear and blitzing his opponent, must be mentally very difficult to play someone like that.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Masters currently going on. Ronnie beats Ding 6-5 after being 0-3 then 3-5 down. Ronnie looks like he can’t pot a ball then has the knack of switching a gear and blitzing his opponent, must be mentally very difficult to play someone like that.
He threw Ding completely off his game. In the final frame, Ding made a completely weird decision to pot the brown ball from its starting spot all the way to the far corner pocket. Obviously, he missed, and Ronnie saw the match off from there.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Staggering, 5-4 up, 35 infront with 35 on the table. Red along the top cushion for the match. Higgins turns it down to play a snooker. Losses the frame. Someone with his experience should know when you have to chance to go for the pot.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Staggering, 5-4 up, 35 infront with 35 on the table. Red along the top cushion for the match. Higgins turns it down to play a snooker. Losses the frame. Someone with his experience should know when you have to chance to go for the pot.
Fortunately for him, Allen missing his brown has given Higgins control of the frame. He just has to make sure to not screw up any more.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú

He explained his thoughts very well in the post match interview about that . I don't think that it was that bad a decision. Hindsight is always easier

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
He explained his thoughts very well in the post match interview about that . I don't think that it was that bad a decision. Hindsight is always easier
Didn't feel right at the time either though. He had the angle to get straight on the red. Your hand is on the table, finish it when you can.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Absolutely unbelievable quality, none of the cue ball going all over the place nonsense. Making snooker look so easy

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Wow, what am I watching? I recommend people tune into this if you're not already!!