Redcafe Snooker

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Great match. Hopefully the final equals it, but I'm struggling to see Trump getting more than about 11-12 frames against O'Sullivan in this form.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Hope it’s O’Sullivan in the final and he absolutely annihilates Trump.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Ronnie clearing this table now and that's game

Trump vs Ronnie imo the best possible final

Trump vs Williams was a classic, fecking hell :eek:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Ronnie can do anything … safety, long pots, amazing ball control, etc… but it’s how easy he makes it look. And he seems to have added a calmness and patience.

My dad still doesn’t think he’s the best player ever. I’m going to have to have another word with him.. it’s not even close.
Hendry at his peak was literally invincible. I can understand thinking he was better. Even Ronnie himself thinks so

That said, Ronnie in this form, it would take Hendry at his best to beat him, and it wouldn't be a given either

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Weird but Judd’s run has surprised me so much considering he has been a bit all over the place through the season and actually talked about needing some time off . This has come out of absolutely nowhere

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Hendry at his peak was literally invincible. I can understand thinking he was better. Even Ronnie himself thinks so

That said, Ronnie in this form, it would take Hendry at his best to beat him, and it wouldn't be a given either
I was a bit too young to see Hendry in his peak. Trumps world champ year was pretty incredible, his all round game and potting was ridiculous. Selby and Higgins in their prime as well I'd put up against anyone.

I actually think Ronnie has been pretty average by his standards, but his average is good enough to beat the majority.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I was a bit too young to see Hendry in his peak. Trumps world champ year was pretty incredible, his all round game and potting was ridiculous. Selby and Higgins in their prime as well I'd put up against anyone.

I actually think Ronnie has been pretty average by his standards, but his average is good enough to beat the majority.
Hendry was just a machine. For about six or seven years no one could come near him.

He revolutionalized the game as well. All the top players try to play hendry snooker.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
O’Sullivan just constantly moans about the tour and even the World Championships. Should appreciate being so talented to earn a great living from his sport or just sack it off.

The most talented player ever for me but hate his interviews where he always downgrades the sport that has give him a good living.

Hope Judd does him good and proper.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.

Funny that, as Hendry also thinks Ronnie is the best natural player ever. And he is, by a long way.

Hendy took the game on from Davis, made it faster and more daring. Ronnie did that after Hendry. The fact these guys say these things and have huge respect for each other makes stuff like the below irrelevant:

O’Sullivan just constantly moans about the tour and even the World Championships. Should appreciate being so talented to earn a great living from his sport or just sack it off.

The most talented player ever for me but hate his interviews where he always downgrades the sport that has give him a good living.

Tell me you read only the headlines without telling me you read only the headlines.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Tell me you read only the headlines without telling me you read only the headlines.
[/QUOTE]

Nah just saw his interview after the Higgins semi. Same after every match where he seems to hate the sport that makes him rich/beloved.

Bloke has no love for the sport and even though he is right up there with the best ever he doesn’t seem to have a good word for it.

Redlambs

Nah just saw his interview after the Higgins semi. Same after every match where he seems to hate the sport that makes him rich/beloved.

Bloke has no love for the sport and even though he is right up there with the best ever he doesn’t seem to have a good word for it.
When exactly did he say he has no love for the sport? He said he found this tournament a slog, said he loved the shorter ones. Said he still had to raise his game, and get through the periods where he didn't play well.

"has no love for the sport" and yet somehow he's the best ever at it. Yeah, weird that.

You heard what you wanted to hear.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
When exactly did he say he has no love for the sport? He said he found this tournament a slog, said he loved the shorter ones. Said he still had to raise his game, and get through the periods where he didn't play well.

"has no love for the sport" and yet somehow he's the best ever at it. Yeah, weird that.

You heard what you wanted to hear.
Agree to disagree though but every interview with O’Sullivan I see he seems to be on a moan about scheduling or prizemoney (which he has enough to sack it off and chill out if he wants).

Redlambs

Agree to disagree though but every interview with O’Sullivan I see he seems to be on a moan about scheduling or prizemoney (which he has enough to sack it off and chill out if he wants).
No I don't agree to that. You specifically said this interview, so tell me exactly what he said that backs you up. Or am I right, you have a viewpoint and you heard what you wanted to hear? As for the scheduling and prize money, is he the only one who has questioned how it's run? (Spoiler alert, no). How dare someone speak up about something that affects all the players and something the best ones have all said at one time or another.

You are the best at what you do and earn money from it, shut up and do as you are told. How dare you have opinions, or mental health issues, you have money!

So no, again I don't agree to disagree. My original reply to you not only stands, but you are proving the point with every post.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
No I don't agree to that. You specifically said this interview, so tell me exactly what he said that backs you up. Or am I right, you have a viewpoint and you heard what you wanted to hear? As for the scheduling and prize money, is he the only one who has questioned how it's run? (Spoiler alert, no). How dare someone speak up about something that affects all the players and something the best ones have all said at one time or another.

You are the best at what you do and earn money from it, shut up and do as you are told. How dare you have opinions, or mental health issues, you have money!

So no, again I don't agree to disagree. My original reply to you not only stands, but you are proving the point with every post.
First of all he didn’t like the World championship being over 15/17 days and preferred the 1 day events (Does he get the same prize money for those?) and if he prefers them then why doesn’t he just stick to them as he could still be classed as the best ever without having to tolerate Sheffield for a fortnight.

No one forces them to be on the circuit in all fairness so he could probably make good cash doing exhibitions or set up his own empire.

Where did I mention mental health issues?

Redlambs

First of all he didn’t like the World championship being over 15/17 days and preferred the 1 day events (Does he get the same prize money for those?) and if he prefers them then why doesn’t he just stick to them as he could still be classed as the best ever without having to tolerate Sheffield for a fortnight.

No one forces them to be on the circuit in all fairness so he could probably make good cash doing exhibitions or set up his own empire.

Where did I mention mental health issues?
So again, you are making up what you want to hear. It's very simple, I asked you to show where he said anything you originally claimed and you failed. So instead of maybe seeing you might have got it wrong, you keep doubling down.

As for the mental health issues, I didn't say you mentioned it. But he has and it's well known. Yet you continue to drive your narrative despite the fact you cannot actually back it up.

So once again, my original post quoting you was correct. And all you've done is prove you have a chip on your shoulder and my point.

Now, rather than do the weak "agree to disagree" nonsense I'll instead offer a way to break this circle. Yes I think some of the things he has said in the past rubs people up the wrong way, he has at times shown some disdain for what he does and it can grate. But you don't become the greatest ever at something without putting in the effort or loving the sport. To claim otherwise means he is even more easily the goat, as he doesn't even have to try, no?

Oh and as I said, he's far from the only one who has spoken out about the tournament schedule and prize money. Just because his job earns more than yours and mine, doesn't mean any of us should keep quiet about what we feel is right.

Last edited:

lsd

The Oracle

Exactly I'm always confused how anyone could support Ronnie unless they don't actually watch the game