Redcafe Snooker

ChrisNelson

That's from June and I don't think it's sad for anyone, if match fixing goes unchecked and unpunished it can ruin the sport forever.

It should be automatic life bans for all of them!

Bertie Wooster

@Bertie Wooster I really hope you’ve been watching this evening!
Sorry, I've been taking a much needed break from discussing United here and so only just saw this. Was it about Stan Moody putting up a very good showing v Mark Allen? If so, he did even better today - beating Zhou Yuelong! Delighted for him. :)

EDIT: And Stan has followed up that with wins against Rod Lawler and, impressively, Gary Wilson. Great that he's giving a good display of his high potential.

Last edited:

predator

Youth NITK
feck me anyone watching the champion of champions tournament - on itv4 uk.

I've just seen probably the best positional shot ever by Trump to promote a red by way of potting the yellow.

the_cliff

feck me anyone watching the champion of champions tournament - on itv4 uk.

I've just seen probably the best positional shot ever by Trump to promote a red by way of potting the yellow.
Just saw it on itv 4, absolute perfection !

Fts 74

Cracking game between Allen and Ding.Allen really should've won 6-2 but credit to Ding, took his chances and a century in the last sealed a great win and an early shock.

cyberman

Ronnie O'Sullivan: Seven-time world champion says he was asked to 'consider future' by governing body

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/67558490

:boring:

Every day I go off this man more and more.
The ambassador for the game is shitting on the future here. If you wanna miss tournaments that’s fine but not to do exhibitions elsewhere. That’s taking money out of the lower players pockets.
I hope they get stricter on the criteria that’s needed to play big events and feck Ronnie as well

ChrisNelson

Is O'Sullivan as much of a prick as he comes across?
I was there yesterday and while it’s a privilege to watch him at his best (he wasn’t yesterday but I’ve seen it many times) his attitude on and off the table has taken a nosedive in recent years.

He will clearly be much happier away from the sport, or at least playing in China alone so I don’t know what’s stopping him, it’s best for him to walk away.

Interviews like his are bad for the sport.

Parma Dewol

I often find his interviews infuriating and his erratic behaviour hard to watch, but isn’t that usually the way with complete and utter geniuses? They can’t be like the rest of us, or they’d be ordinary.

Thought Ding did really well to hang in and make it 7-7, but those last three frames… just wow. Surreal talent, and despite his demons, he plays the game in an effortless manner that nobody else can match.

Ronnie’s standing in snooker is in no doubt. Question now is has Britain ever produced a more talented sportsperson?

Bondi77

I could never get tired of watching Ronnie,.
I have often wondered what live snooker audiences are made up of and if they are knowledgable snooker players or just like watching the game as I find it annoying when so many shots are applauded when they are either not that hard or some of them are not really good shots....it takes all sorts I suppose.

ChrisNelson

The people who just sit there and shout 'come on Ronnie' and are only interested in him and his brand of snooker are probably the most irritating of all sports fans.

I genuinely believe a lot of people think it's only cool to support him - even though there are plenty of other players that play an attacking game, and are considerably less annoying than he is.

He's given a lot to snooker over the years and is undoubtedly a genius at it, the best ever.

But he's taken a lot from it and been very damaging with his disrespectful and arrogant comments/ interviews.

Bondi77

Great break and to keep the composure with that scumbag crowd must take some doing.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Absolute genius we've been very lucky to watch him for so long.
He is absolutely the best snooker player I have had the pleasure of watching.
You should watch his film The Edge Of Everything.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I’ve somehow just discovered Hendrys YouTube channel, the interviews he does with people over a frame or two of snooker are brilliant!

Dan

I’ve somehow just discovered Hendrys YouTube channel, the interviews he does with people over a frame or two of snooker are brilliant!
Have you seen the one where he goes to John Parris to see how cues are made?

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Have you seen the one where he goes to John Parris to see how cues are made?

No but that’s now next on my list cheers mate

Something about them playing during these almost turns it into a chat, some people you think look like twats when they play you see them as humans, it’s nice.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Snooker is actually just about the perfect format for these sorts of interviews. Just the right pace.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Great Question I heard…..

what’s the minimum amount of balls takes to pot to win a frame in snooker?

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Wait. You could theoretically win by potting only 4 balls.

Player A pots every red but without a colour, then Potts yellow and green giving them a total of 20.

Brown + blue + pink + black = 22.

Win with 22 points.

I'm discounting fouls and all that bollocks though.

18 is still the number to guarantee a win every match though? Not dependant on opponents performance.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Wait. You could theoretically win by potting only 4 balls.

Player A pots every red but without a colour, then Potts yellow and green giving them a total of 20.

Brown + blue + pink + black = 22.

Win with 22 points.

I'm discounting fouls and all that bollocks though.

18 is still the number to guarantee a win every match though? Not dependant on opponents performance.
Correct

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Does it not? 2 misses then a warning then loss of frame?
That’s only if the player can actually see a red directly. The warning comes when players try to avoid hitting that red and aim for another red or try to hit that very thin. If you are snookered on all balls then you get as many chances as you like

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
That’s only if the player can actually see a red directly. The warning comes when players try to avoid hitting that red and aim for another red or try to hit that very thin. If you are snookered on all balls then you get as many chances as you like
Ah ok ta.

Then zero can work if the other player does something really shit :lol:

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
To be honest, Luca Brecel is bang average, I've never rated him and feel his game is very up and down/lacks consistency.

Even with the World Championship win it felt like a fluke/someone playing out of their skin. Wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't win another major trophy.