Reddit ITKs

Nick7

Apparently he deleted his account because he gave persona; information about his source which made it easy to infer who the source was. Also, the percentages that guy gave wasn't about the probability of the deal being done, according to him De Ligt, AWB and James were all done deals. The percentages were probability about the dates of the announcement of the deals by the clubs. So according to him there isn't a 95% chance of De Ligt signing for us (that's 100% done according to him), there's a 95% chance of an announcement before 15 June.
That's actually funnier.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
That's actually funnier.
Indeed. He got so riled up yesterday by strangers' comments on the internet that he ended up revealing personal information about his childhood friend's job (this was his source
). I hope he was a wummer and wasn't saying the truth, otherwise he's gotten his friend in a load of trouble.

Nick7

Indeed. He got so riled up yesterday by strangers' comments on the internet that he ended up revealing personal information about his childhood friend's job (this was his source
). I hope he was a wummer and wasn't saying the truth, otherwise he's gotten his friend in a load of trouble.
Jesus yeah I hope he didn't get his mate in trouble.

Nick7

His mate's a dick for making shit up and getting him to post it online. If you had a mate that rang you everyday to find out what was going on at work, you'd tell them to feck off mithering you.
Agreed. I think it's all complete bollocks but on the off chance his mate did have a job close to that I hope he didn't cause any trouble. All for fleeting "fame" on a subreddit ffs.

King7Eric

His mate's a dick for making shit up and getting him to post it online. If you had a mate that rang you everyday to find out what was going on at work, you'd tell them to feck off mithering you.
I may be mistaken, but isn't it Spoofex that posts updates daily? This Fred guy wasn't as regular in giving updates, though he was adamant that his information was correct. Spoofex is the one who keeps changing his tune.

nainaisson

I may be mistaken, but isn't it Spoofex that posts updates daily? This Fred guy wasn't as regular in giving updates, though he was adamant that his information was correct. Spoofex is the one who keeps changing his tune.
Yeah, Spoofex was told yesterday that De Ligt is joining Barcelona, but the Fred guy has been saying consistently that De Ligt has already agreed to join United and it will be announced by 6/15 -- up until he deleted his account 9 hours ago for revealing information about his source.

King7Eric

Yeah, Spoofex was told yesterday that De Ligt is joining Barcelona, but the Fred guy has been saying consistently that De Ligt has already agreed to join United and it will be announced by 6/15 -- up until he deleted his account 9 hours ago for revealing information about his source.
Yeah exactly. By the way do you know what exactly did he say about his source? Does it lead any credence at all to what he's been saying? Most of these ITK's stories fall apart very easily when you question them but did this guy say anything remotely plausible?

crossy1686

career ending
Yeah exactly. By the way do you know what exactly did he say about his source? Does it lead any credence at all to what he's been saying? Most of these ITK's stories fall apart very easily when you question them but did this guy say anything remotely plausible?
Unless you know Ed Woodward personally, you are certainly not ITK about anything going on at United. Even if you work for the scouting department you wouldn't know if a player was in negotiations, your job is to scout.

King7Eric

Unless you know Ed Woodward personally, you are certainly not ITK about anything going on at United. Even if you work for the scouting department you wouldn't know if a player was in negotiations, your job is to scout.
When have I said otherwise??:confused: Did you quote me by mistake?

I'm simply trying to find out what the guy revealed about his source.

crossy1686

career ending
When have I said otherwise??:confused: Did you quote me by mistake?

I'm simply trying to find out what the guy revealed about his source.
I thought you were suggesting there might be some truth in the matter. Never mind if not. Was is this guy who said his source worked in the marketing department or was that someone else?

King7Eric

I thought you were suggesting there might be some truth in the matter. Never mind if not. Was is this guy who said his source worked in the marketing department or was that someone else?
No idea. They all seem to work in the marketing department apparently, so could be.

People are overly touchy about this ITK business though. Even if someone is claiming they have a source, why go a witch-hunt against them to prove they are lying? You can simply choose not to believe them and move on. Or you can have fun for a moment imagining Utd signing Mbappe or De Ligt or whoever it is they claim we are signing and carry on with your life. Not directing this comment at you personally, just saying in general. I've always looked at it like fun and games so if there is some truth to it I'd be happy, if not it really won't bother me in the slightest.

nainaisson

He said his source is a friend from childhood whose boss is head of the entire scouting department and reports directly to Ed Woodward.

Personally, I think he's lying. He had been found out as a liar, so he needed a way of getting out of the situation without admitting that he's a liar, so he came up with the "I revealed too much info about my source" excuse.

NinjaFletch

Spoofex is the funniest one. His only claim to ITK status is a bit of info that was posted on redcafe literally 5 months before he said anything and he's then led them all on a merry dance for months just by posting what people want to hear.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
What is the point of this thread?
Comedy :lol: I love that we have a thread to revel in this utter bullshit, separate from the more serious stuff (as far as transfer season goes). We all know it’s crap so just enjoy it :D

settembrini

Spoofex has been forced to admit that Fred is literally the exact same guy that became a laughing stock last summer for claiming that Griezmann to United was a done deal.

Incredible. This guy tried to prove he was an ITK last summer and failed. Came back with a new account, tried to prove he was an ITK again with claims about United signing Mbappe, VdS being appointed technical director, failed again. Spoofex somehow still thinks he's a good source and uses his information in his own hilariously inept leaks and backed him when others were pointing out that he has a terrible track record. When the one ITK on that whole forum, xisimon, calls out Fred and says he is lying about De Ligt being a done deal, he gets driven out the forum. And now it looks like xisimon was right again Fred has deleted his account and Spoofex is left looking like an even bigger mug than he did before.

LonelyFire

Spoofex has been forced to admit that Fred is literally the exact same guy that became a laughing stock last summer for claiming that Griezmann to United was a done deal.

Incredible. This guy tried to prove he was an ITK last summer and failed. Came back with a new account, tried to prove he was an ITK again with claims about United signing Mbappe, VdS being appointed technical director, failed again. Spoofex somehow still thinks he's a good source and uses his information in his own hilariously inept leaks and backed him when others were pointing out that he has a terrible track record. When the one ITK on that whole forum, xisimon, calls out Fred and says he is lying about De Ligt being a done deal, he gets driven out the forum. And now it looks like xisimon was right again Fred has deleted his account and Spoofex is left looking like an even bigger mug than he did before.
The mugs are the ones who believe guys positing on reddit have any knowledge of transfers beyond Football Manager.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
That xsimon lad has pinned his Daniel James tweet from last month. Fair play to him, stuck to his guns.

King7Eric

Now I've already stated that I don't mind these ITK's because I treat it as fun and games and don't bother if they are wrong, so I'd like to point out some things logically about this Fred guy.

Last year he had called that Kohler would be our sponsor, way before anyone reported it anywhere. He got that right. He claimed we'd sign Griezmann and was wrong but it was reported that we did make an attempt for him last year. His James prediction has come true, but then everyone and their dog knew about James so nothing to harp about. His De Ligt/AWB claims will be proven either way in 9 days.

But the most intriguing thing is he said will be linked with Saul in the media on Wed/Thursday and today we have reports linking us to Saul in The Times. I'd like to point out it was reported by Cadena Ser (Spain's premier radio network), that Utd are in for Saul in April so maybe this news isn't absolute bull.

Finally, this guy went ballistic and outed his source, but the fact that he got so irate and gave such specific details makes me think he did have a source. A normal WUM would just vanish when his news was proven to be wrong but he was adamant till the end.

I do believe that he does have a source at the club but he got carried with it. Of course, there's nothing to say that his source is feeding him correct info (or getting correct info themselves), but I don't think this guy was flat out lying about everything.

As I've already said I take these ITK dramas as soap opera so I'm not gonna run off weeping when De Ligt signs for Barca, but speaking logically, I think the guy may not have been as bad as everyone made him out to be.

willhse456

Now I've already stated that I don't mind these ITK's because I treat it as fun and games and don't bother if they are wrong, so I'd like to point out some things logically about this Fred guy.

Last year he had called that Kohler would be our sponsor, way before anyone reported it anywhere. He got that right. He claimed we'd sign Griezmann and was wrong but it was reported that we did make an attempt for him last year. His James prediction has come true, but then everyone and their dog knew about James so nothing to harp about. His De Ligt/AWB claims will be proven either way in 9 days.

But the most intriguing thing is he said will be linked with Saul in the media on Wed/Thursday and today we have reports linking us to Saul in The Times. I'd like to point out it was reported by Cadena Ser (Spain's premier radio network), that Utd are in for Saul in April so maybe this news isn't absolute bull.

Finally, this guy went ballistic and outed his source, but the fact that he got so irate and gave such specific details makes me think he did have a source. A normal WUM would just vanish when his news was proven to be wrong but he was adamant till the end.

I do believe that he does have a source at the club but he got carried with it. Of course, there's nothing to say that his source is feeding him correct info (or getting correct info themselves), but I don't think this guy was flat out lying about everything.

As I've already said I take these ITK dramas as soap opera so I'm not gonna run off weeping when De Ligt signs for Barca, but speaking logically, I think the guy may not have been as bad as everyone made him out to be.
Did he end up revealing the source? Was it anyone important?

King7Eric

Wouldn’t have narrowed it down much. Don’t we have about 400 scouts?
I don't think he meant his source is a scout. Probably someone in the scouting department with a direct line to the boss. A secretary perhaps, anyway whatever information he revealed about that person made it possible to identify them so I'm guessing it must have been specific.

Gasolin

Well if it's true and we just need to wait for it to happen, I would be delighted because the thought of us going into the season with the same team is going to kill me. How are we going to impress our best players? They need to believe in the project.

King7Eric

@King7Eric you are so easily impressed.
Hahaha. I like to believe the best in people.:angel:

As I said though, I look at these ITK drama for their entertainment value. At the end of the day no one (sadly, Woodward included) knows who we're gonna sign, so in the meantime it costs nothing to be optimistic and dream of good players coming here.:D

kundalini

Last edited:

Irrational.

Haha, fun to see he is literally going against everything he previously said. And take into consideration that schmuck is a mod over there too. Glad I've never been a part of reddit. It was a little fun earlier joining in on this nonsense since we havn't got any good news yet but I think this thread should be closed now and posts from these ITK's should be permanently banned from the forum. We should leave those cretins and their stupidity over at reddit.

The Caf is better than this.
This gets even better now.. :lol::lol:

Unbelievable. Doesn't surprise me that Fred fella deleted his profile. He was always playing a risky game, but he'd have been deemed a Reddit deity if he somehow lucked out on his "predictions".

I got downvoted to oblivion when I dared question the reliability of these bullshit peddlers. :lol::lol:

The United subreddit is a cesspool of delusional mindless drones - fanatics following the cult of Muppetism.

IrishRedDevil

No. His first update this summer came on the 10th of May, by which time everyone under the sun had written stories linking us to Daniel James. If you look at his twitter account https://twitter.com/u_xisimon then click on the 2nd post, that links back to Reddit, you find this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/reddevils/comments/bmxzl8/summer_2019_update_1_10th_may_2019/
Thanks!

Not impressive then, as he just copied what was printed before him by several media outlets, yet he has pinned his tweet in an attempt to prove he is ITK.

@Lash

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
ITKs always fall down when they have to give a name of someone we're actually signing.

Otherwise we can all just say we're not signing x, y and z.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
No. His first update this summer came on the 10th of May, by which time everyone under the sun had written stories linking us to Daniel James. If you look at his twitter account https://twitter.com/u_xisimon then click on the 2nd post, that links back to Reddit, you find this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/reddevils/comments/bmxzl8/summer_2019_update_1_10th_may_2019/
It was the "next season is being looked at as a transition season" that stood out for me from the off.

No big club management would ever just settle for that in pre season.

Cliche Guevara

Some dummy at United doesn’t realise they’re about to get sacked.

Bet the people who have set him up with bullshit information are pissing themselves as he sleepwalks through rumour after rumour.