Reminder: Jose managed to turn Chelsea fans against Hazard

Sterling Archer

Dude you are talking about a player who was not only good during his first season in the PL but also prolific, with 9 goals and 11 assists in the league. Mourinho didn't transform him and he simply followed a normal evolution.
I think @ZlatMan 's point is Jose didn't just come in and ruin Hazard. The player was able to flourish under Jose. It's a moot point whether that would have happened with another manager or not.

Hazard is a case like Pogbas of player power. Regardless of what their gripe with their manager, I as a fan would want them to settle their differences (including transfer if needed ) without spoiling the broth, half arsing matches and disregarding the supporters by doing so.

I don't get the outrage with the prospect of Pogba needing to play better and how so many excuse it. I'd have assumed after seeing high profile players like Stam, Beckham even Keane ushered out at varying points we'd be used to it .And they were all players that despite issues kept it off the pitch unlike these two brats .

Suedesi

What a terrible post. No one gave a feck when he sold Salah either. He couldn’t spot talent and that’s why he’s won all those trophies.
You sound like the Wenger in brigade circa 2016... “but he gave us the invincibles”... Carry on.

Suedesi

If you think Jose cannot spot talent you're just deluded.
His talent spotting is certainly not his forte. He’s good tactically with a mature, hungry squad. Has poor record nurturing young players or in the transfer market overall.

Fracture90

In the light of this recent development, I wonder if this situation with Pogba and him not starting against Arsenal, does this renders Mourinho's "we didn't have Pogba vs. City" excuse invalid?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
In the light of this recent development, I wonder if this situation with Pogba and him not starting against Arsenal, does this renders Mourinho's "we didn't have Pogba vs. City" excuse invalid?
If only it was so easy.

If any team spends good money his excuse will be "team made very good investment and have lot of ambitions"
if any team didn't spend as much as us then it will be "team is settled and they haven't lost any big players, they are stronger now"

He is full of excuses.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
If only it was so easy.

If any team spends good money his excuse will be "team made very good investment and have lot of ambitions"
if any team didn't spend as much as us then it will be "team is settled and they haven't lost any big players, they are stronger now"

He is full of excuses.
Jose would be a great caf member tbh

Fracture90

If only it was so easy.

He is full of excuses.
Even his excuses have excuses!

Patrick08

If you think Jose cannot spot talent you're just deluded.
He can spot talent, but he doesn't use them well, and keeps bringing in players which don't suit or agree with his choice of tactics.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
I marvel how the starter of this thread overlooked the fact Hazard himself revealed he appolgized to Miuri ho personally over his bad form the season JM got sacked by Chelsea.....

What's even funnier is Pogba being compared to that. When right now the only reason Pogba is out the team is he has hit a small bad patch of form after a bout of sickness. Which is unlikely to last. Don't be suprised after the Valencia game Pogba forces himself back into the XI to face Liverpool. Mourinho may be many things, but he won't ever be stupid enough to bench his best player when the guy is in good form

ErranMorad

He can spot talent, but he doesn't use them well, and keeps bringing in players which don't suit or agree with his choice of tactics.
I am not too sure about that either anymore. He has signed two central defenders for good sums for money with us and isn't able to get a tune out of either, and defense was an area which was his strength in the past. He can't get the best out of our 3 CM signings (who he signed for a whopping 180m) and has been picking up fights with the most expensive one since last season. Our attack hasn't signed a legit player under him either. His best signing for us has been old man Zlatan, who even at that age didn't take much spotting.

kouroux

I marvel how the starter of this thread overlooked the fact Hazard himself revealed he appolgized to Miuri ho personally over his bad form the season JM got sacked by Chelsea.....

What's even funnier is Pogba being compared to that. When right now the only reason Pogba is out the team is he has hit a small bad patch of form after a bout of sickness. Which is unlikely to last. Don't be suprised after the Valencia game Pogba forces himself back into the XI to face Liverpool. Mourinho may be many things, but he won't ever be stupid enough to bench his best player when the guy is in good form
So that's what he meant by the "virus" comment ?

Patrick08

I am not too sure about that either anymore. He has signed two central defenders for good sums for money with us and isn't able to get a tune out of either, and defense was an area which was his strength in the past. He can't get the best out of our 3 CM signings (who he signed for a whopping 180m) and has been picking up fights with the most expensive one since last season. Our attack hasn't signed a legit player under him either. His best signing for us has been old man Zlatan, who even at that age didn't take much spotting.
Let me rephrase it, he can spot a talent but those talents does not agree to play with him and his tactics if they have a better project available and interested in them.

Lindelof and bailly are young and other talents at other clubs have the same level as well, they are just managed better. One mistake from lindelof or bailly, and they are confined to bench for long periods, matic, lingard lukaku young can make mistakes after mistakes, they will never have the same treatment as some of other young players.

mark_a

In relation to Pogba, it's his apparent "can't be bothered" attitude on the field that's turning fans against him.

laughtersassassin

Jesus the propaganda is in full swing now. If Pogba is a liability then Jose is a fully fledged dumpster fire.

We have practically a whole team that are more of a liability than Pogba. This turn on him is disgusting and is just being used to distract from the fact we are in a disgracefully bad position in the league because of the manager!

Also remember, only a few months ago Martial was being hated on for similar things and now he is the second coming of Christ.

Our fans are so fickle and so easily influenced by Jose and the media. Use your brains and think for yourself.

Last edited:
Reactions: SteveJ

Crashoutcassius

Vs Southampton and Fulham out performance was miles apart and there's a big factor.

Pogba isn't dropped forever but dropping him when he's playing poorly is a right decision, even if it doesn't hurt the fanboys on the cafe

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
The job is complete:

If he's not good enough for United, who is? :houllier:
You've got to hand it to Jose, the guy is a genius.

At this rate, we're going to need a team of priests to perform an exorcism if we are to rid our club of his cancerous presence.

Roboc7

Mourinho is clever, one way or another this season he has found a way to deflect away from the fact he is doing a terrible job.

The latest is blame it all on Pogba, once this runs its course it will be something or someone else.

kouroux

Vs Southampton and Fulham out performance was miles apart and there's a big factor.

Pogba isn't dropped forever but dropping him when he's playing poorly is a right decision, even if it doesn't hurt the fanboys on the cafe
Those are 2 shit teams, let's not blind ourselves and wait for more proof that the team is indeed better without him

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Those are 2 shit teams, let's not blind ourselves and wait for more proof that the team is indeed better without him
And our performances weren't miles apart, we were hopeless for a large period of the Fulham game.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia

Yes the tactics on Saturday, and performance of Jose was very different to anything I've seen this season.

Crashoutcassius

How do we get proof unless we drop him ?... mourinho made decision to drop him after bad performances. Team playing better. Well done mourinho. He will be back in team soon but he knows he isn't an auto starter. Let's see if that spurs him on.

kouroux

How do we get proof unless we drop him ?... mourinho made decision to drop him after bad performances. Team playing better. Well done mourinho. He will be back in team soon but he knows he isn't an auto starter. Let's see if that spurs him on.
That's my point, let's wait for a few more games without him before concluding we're clearly better without him.

And our performances weren't miles apart, we were hopeless for a large period of the Fulham game.
Yup. At the end of the day if United can play good football without him so be it, I just feel people are way too premature with their conclusions.

L1nk

People with short memories forgetting about the deflections to Martial at first, the "Martial FC" crew, that all went away when he started saving Mourinho's ass, and now everyone's falling for the Pogba deflections. Gullible lot this Mourinho cult.

In Rainbows

That's my point, let's wait for a few more games without him before concluding we're clearly better without him.

Yup. At the end of the day if United can play good football without him so be it, I just feel people are way too premature with their conclusions.
Especially because Derby happened.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

Pogba was also not the main difference, Mata and Pogba play the same type of role and neither are particularly good defensively or play with particular aggression. Now Fellaini and Herrera are actually two players that brings totally different things, Herrera is mobile and he plays on the front foot with aggression, he is also more fluid on the ball.

Like you, I don't really care about Pogba and if I'm being honest I'm on the Ndombélé bandwagon and think that he isn't even a downgrade but I find the agenda driven rhetoric ridiculous because it doesn't even match with what we saw or the changes made between games. Our midfield should be made of Pogba, Herrera and Fred, these players are complimentary if we play with aggression.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Some people should just be ashamed at how naive and gullible they are. Just a bunch of sheep easily swayed by anything coming out of the mouth of a proven and certified dishonest person.

It wasn't even that long ago that people were out there to get Martial over similar issues with Mourinho yet people JUST DO NOT LEARN. It's actually quite worrying now how credulous the masses on these boards and in general seem to be.

The man is miserably failing at his job and most things he's doing right now are OBVIOUS attempts at deflecting from his failures yet we have sheep just filling themselves with his utterly blatant lies.

Any other managers in Jose's shoes would have been questioned over their failures incessantly, hour after hour yet here we are questioning our players commitment and sticking forks into them while the man who is pathetically failing is going under the radar and still get songs and ovations in the stadium. I mean no one could make that up.

Just incredible

Last edited:

laughtersassassin

This guy on twitter has made a great thread combating a lot of the criticism. I really feel like this guy is bang on.

Jose got halfway into the season saw we are still dead in 7th and went into scapegoating mode.

Hell, it has worked as since Pogba has been dropped I see more people discussing him than the fact that Jose has failed as Manchester United manager and has us sitting in 7th in his third season.
It is literally as bad as imaginable and Jose is the man to blame.

Sidenote, Ed and the Glazers are a big problem too but have given Jose enough to be a million times better. he hasn't been given enough to compete with City imo but one could argue he has failed enough that he does not deserve it.

Reactions: SteveJ

Fracture90

Mourinho is clever, one way or another this season he has found a way to deflect away from the fact he is doing a terrible job.

The latest is blame it all on Pogba, once this runs its course it will be something or someone else.
This sums it up perfectly. It's a tried and true way to deflect from how poor we are under his management.

Sterling Archer

You could swap out Pogba and Mourinho for any two parties in current affairs - left versus right , nationalist vs globalization, Kanye vs Tswift - and this thread of late would flow the same. There's no talking sense here, no middle ground. It's apparently one team versus the other and most of the arguments are about being correct as opposed to what's best for Manchester United.

Talk about a thriving industry - the journos have got it, click, bait and sunk

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Like you, I don't really care about Pogba and if I'm being honest I'm on the Ndombélé bandwagon and think that he isn't even a downgrade but I find the agenda driven rhetoric ridiculous because it doesn't even match with what we saw or the changes made between games. Our midfield should be made of Pogba, Herrera and Fred, these players are complimentary if we play with aggression.
Exactly. Jose is a master of these games, shame if only his coaching was as good. Made Pogba look like a spoiled brat, people started questioning his quality, professionalism and we have articles saying ManUtd is a better team without him (after beating Worst side in the league at home).

I will never understand how and why people follow Jose like a sheep when it's so obvious and even have records of him lying to media and had problems at every club he was at.

Crashoutcassius

True enough. Just felt like it lined up well - mourinho saying his attitude and decision making was affecting the game and then suddenly the best performance of the season.

I think a lot of the support is for the idea that pogba can be dropped. For me it stems from the fans who would sack a manager if a particular player doesn't like him. I can't imagine saf or anyone important to the club would agree with that mindset and that kind of power being given to a player, let alone a player not fighting hard on the pitch

Oldyella

True enough. Just felt like it lined up well - mourinho saying his attitude and decision making was affecting the game and then suddenly the best performance of the season.

I think a lot of the support is for the idea that pogba can be dropped. For me it stems from the fans who would sack a manager if a particular player doesn't like him. I can't imagine saf or anyone important to the club would agree with that mindset and that kind of power being given to a player, let alone a player not fighting hard on the pitch
Best performance of the season is a very low bar though. We scored a few goals but still didn't look convincing for majority of the match.

kouroux

He probably won't start vs Liverpool, let's see how we do in that game. Most fans want Mourinho sacked not because Pogba doesn't like him obviously. Mourinho is the wrong manager for our team.