Reminder: Jose managed to turn Chelsea fans against Hazard

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
I'm still worried that may happen. For all the joy, we are likely not getting CL football next season and Raiola will get itchy.
I understand but its easier to convince the players with a new coach and playing enjoyable football than with Mourinho

As an opposing fan, I was hoping Mourinho stayed longer and sells Martial and Pogba. I was so sure it was another Salah, KdB again

Last edited:

Patrick08

I understand but its easy to convince the players with a new coach and playing enjoyable football than with Mourinho

As an opposing fan, I was hoping Mourinho stayed longer and sells Martial and Pogba. I was so sure it was another Salah, KdB again
Was never going to happen with mourinho's style of play here. We gave a chance to him to revive his career taking a nose dive, but would have never ditched talents such as those for his perisic's and Willian's and fellani's.

MuFc_1992

I understand but its easy to convince the players with a new coach and playing enjoyable football than with Mourinho

Martial would be the perfect replacement for Robben for you guys. Hopefully, he signs that new contract but if mourhino had stayed than you'd have gotten him on cheap.

Sylar

Jose would have got his way if he was actually winning. But he was losing badly and losing quite a bit to newly promoted teams or teams in relegation zone.

snk123

The turd had us believing we had poorer players than Fulham. On paper, this squad is good enough to challenge.

Mindhunter

Pogba isn't blameless. He is a professional player and is expected to perform to a certain level, even if he didn't like his manager.

However, it was foolish to pay so much for him and then put him in a restrictive structure and reduce his influence to that of a defensive player who needs to track runs and close down space. He clearly enjoys playing in this setup and the trust Ole puts on him.

For me, the jury is still out. I want to see his reaction when things don't go well under a different manager.

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all
Pogba isn't blameless. He is a professional player and is expected to perform to a certain level, even if he didn't like his manager.

However, it was foolish to pay so much for him and then put him in a restrictive structure and reduce his influence to that of a defensive player who needs to track runs and close down space. He clearly enjoys playing in this setup and the trust Ole puts on him.

For me, the jury is still out. I want to see his reaction when things don't go well under a different manager.
He has been playing under different managers for a long time mate.

fezzerUTD

Genuinely so embarrassed for all the people who turned on Pogba.
Im not, his performances stunk the place out, but so did the managers. Glad Jose got the boot, but is Pogba going to turn backward every time he disagrees with the manager? Hope not.

snk123

I have heard this so many times and in the commentary as well that Utd would have won these games anyway under Jose. NO! We wouldn't have!

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
If Mourinho had his way we would have sold Pogba and Martial. If that doesn't tell you that a manager is past it then I don't know what does.
For goodness sake. Jose has been sacked. He is no longer the manager so why are we still keeping on about him.
Let it go and move on.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
I was and still am of the opinion that Pogba downed tools when things weren't going his way. His agent has a low capacity for 'keeping your head down and working through bad spells' and it rubbed off on him.

That Insta post, the comments he made when off on international duty, his passes straight out of the pitch in the 88th minute when we were trailing, him losing possession through a silly Hollywood move which immediately caught the team off guard and led to a goal (in multiple games), his attitude in general in the pitch ... Pogba is not without blame, he could have handled himself better off the pitch and done far better on it even when things weren't going fine. There is a bad taste of 'players won against the manager' in hindsight.

But what I'm now convinced of is that we should do everything we can to get the best out of Pogba, because he genuinely looked like the best CM in the world out there today.

Romez

This guy had some of our fans wanting the likes of Pogba and Martial sold.

Had some of you believing we aren’t playing attacking football because our defence is poor.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I was and still am of the opinion that Pogba downed tools when things weren't going his way. His agent has a low capacity for 'keeping your head down and working through bad spells' and it rubbed off on him.

That Insta post, the comments he made when off on international duty, his passes straight out of the pitch in the 88th minute when we were trailing, him losing possession through a silly Hollywood move which immediately caught the team off guard and led to a goal (in multiple games), his attitude in general in the pitch ... Pogba is not without blame, he could have handled himself better off the pitch and done far better on it even when things weren't going fine. There is a bad taste of 'players won against the manager' in hindsight.

But what I'm now convinced of is that we should do everything we can to get the best out of Pogba, because he genuinely looked like the best CM in the world out there today.
Which comments?

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Firstly, it's a thread specifically about Mourinho and secondly, why wouldn't fans talk about a manager that was only sacked recently?
Apologise if it seems a bit of a rant but there is so much to look forward to in 2019, why the need to disect the past.

Gandalf Greyhame

Scout
Which comments?
Don't remember exactly. There was one where he came out and said he'd like to see us attack more, and how since he's not the manager he can't change it. And then there was the 'There are things I cannot say otherwise I will get fined'. There was a reason Jose stripped him of vice captaincy iirc.

JPRouve

Scout
Apologise if it seems a bit of a rant but there is so much to look forward to in 2019, why the need to disect the past.
Because you are supposed to learn from it.

JPRouve

Scout
Don't remember exactly. There was one where he came out and said he'd like to see us attack more, and how since he's not the manager he can't change it. And then there was the 'There are things I cannot say otherwise I will get fined'. There was a reason Jose stripped him of vice captaincy iirc.
So you don't remember about comments on international duty that you are nonetheless holding against him?

RMD83

Yes! Let this not be forgotten! Jose tried to make us believe that these players were not capable of demolishing lesser teams “the United way”. Glad to see it back and glad to see the back of him.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
And has been totally vindicated in those comments.

Good for him.

Now he is showing on the pitch what he can do and long may it continue.

Gandalf Greyhame

Scout
And has been totally vindicated in those comments.

Good for him.

Now he is showing on the pitch what he can do and long may it continue.
Vindicated because he played well in three games?

Look, I was disillusioned under Jose, I never believed he was the right manager for us. I agreed with Pogba about the attacking too. It's the principle of speaking out publicly against your manager , specifically disagreeing with him on how he does his job, that pisses me off. No player has the right to do that, and Pogba was out of order.

Rolaholic

Jose is an idiot. He just cant get the best out of his top players. Good riddance
How anyone could ever take the agenda driven opinions of a vindictive man with the emotional intelligence of an ant regarding anyone's character seriously will always be beyond me. So glad that the narcissistic fraud been relegated to the dustbin of history

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The amount of posters who wrote stuff like "and get Pogba out of the club too" was amazing at the time.
I hope they're all quiet and hoping people don't dig those posts out now.

Imagine if we'd lost him! Our absolute best outfield player by a million miles.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream

Look, I was disillusioned under Jose, I never believed he was the right manager for us. I agreed with Pogba about the attacking too. It's the principle of speaking out publicly against your manager , specifically disagreeing with him on how he does his job, that pisses me off. No player has the right to do that, and Pogba was out of order.
I'm glad Pogba stood up to that virus.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location

Don't give a feck mate.

I'm just glad that cnut is out of my club and Pogba is performing to his potential.

Gandalf Greyhame

Scout
So you don't remember about comments on international duty that you are nonetheless holding against him?
Yes.

I don't remember the exact moments of what Moyes said, or games under LVG, or Mourinho's comments which I hold against them, too. I'm pretty sure if I dig them up I'll recall them. You, in the other hand, must have some great memory.

Gandalf Greyhame

Scout
I'm glad Pogba stood up to that virus.
Something tells me you wouldn't have given a feck if it were a random mediocre player who had done that. Say Jones came out and said we should attack more.

The calibre of the player shouldn't excuse the violation of a simple ethical issue.

But that's gone. I don't want to take this further after a week in which we scored 12 goals and looked scintillating going forward. Just the moment will do.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
Something tells me you wouldn't have given a feck if it were a random mediocre player who had done that. Say Jones came out and said we should attack more.

The calibre of the player shouldn't excuse the violation of a simple ethical issue.

But that's gone. I don't want to take this further after a week in which we scored 12 goals and looked scintillating going forward. Just the moment will do.
I think you are correct :smirk: But yes that's all in the past now. We look forward.

Edit: Sorry on second thought I don't really know what you meant. But I would have supported Jones if he had been the one to stand up to Mourinho, as much as I don't rate him.

yfoFC

I have heard this so many times and in the commentary as well that Utd would have won these games anyway under Jose. NO! We wouldn't have!
This x10

We struggled in these games and Bournemouth almost trashed us so I don't get the idea that Jose would have won all these matches

He hadn't even won 3 games in a row this season for fecks sake

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He was stripped of captaincy when he said something like "we should attack, attack" after a PL match.

JPJohnson

Supports
Football Entertainment Neutral
Supporters of Jose Mourinho are too proud to admit they were fooled by a charlatan.