Reminder: Jose managed to turn Chelsea fans against Hazard

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He probably won't start vs Liverpool, let's see how we do in that game. Most fans want Mourinho sacked not because Pogba doesn't like him obviously. Mourinho is the wrong manager for our team.
Maybe it's good that he won't start that game. We will park the bus and won't even attempt counters, so better to have defensive players.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
True enough. Just felt like it lined up well - mourinho saying his attitude and decision making was affecting the game and then suddenly the best performance of the season.

I think a lot of the support is for the idea that pogba can be dropped. For me it stems from the fans who would sack a manager if a particular player doesn't like him. I can't imagine saf or anyone important to the club would agree with that mindset and that kind of power being given to a player, let alone a player not fighting hard on the pitch
People who want Jose out having nothing to do with Pogba Vs Jose. So many want both of them out and many want Jose out for his boring tactics.

Noc-Z

ffs
People who want Jose out having nothing to do with Pogba Vs Jose. So many want both of them out and many want Jose out for his boring tactics.
Exactly, I don't want Pogba or Jose here and it has nothing to do with their relationship with each other. Taking each in isolation I don't like either of them!

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
Recently Mourinho said:

“Paul can be a fantastic player. He has the potential to be a fantastic player and against Valencia (on Wednesday) he’s going to start. Against Valencia he is going to have a fantastic football game to play in and show everybody how good he is.”
Once he said i knew Mourinho was setting the stage for him to fail. I know that he will field a weakened team so Pogba has a frustrating game so Mou proves his point.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Recently Mourinho said:

Once he said i knew Mourinho was setting the stage for him to fail. I know that he will field a weakened team so Pogba has a frustrating game so Mou proves his point.
Quite frankly that was probably always going to happen given our situation. It doesn't really matter whether we finish second or first in the group, we're already through, and we've got Liverpool on Sunday, so resting players is something I'd expect from every single of our managers.

At the same time we'll probably play somebody like Pereira who's a better player than McTomminay and also probably Fred, so the excuses that Pogba is playing with shit midfield partners cannot really be dished out again in case we're shit.

haram

Recently Mourinho said:

So we should play a strong team in a game that means nothing? Pogba has so much ability that he should shine regardless.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
True enough. Just felt like it lined up well - mourinho saying his attitude and decision making was affecting the game and then suddenly the best performance of the season.

I think a lot of the support is for the idea that pogba can be dropped. For me it stems from the fans who would sack a manager if a particular player doesn't like him. I can't imagine saf or anyone important to the club would agree with that mindset and that kind of power being given to a player, let alone a player not fighting hard on the pitch
There is so much wrong with this post.

What best performance of the season, you mean against Fulham? Give over.

You also forget that SAF won multiple titles at United and earned the right to call the shots over the playing staff. However, even he will tell you that he made mistakes in getting rid of certain key players. Mourinho is a feck up who has got most things wrong and has not earned any right to call the shots over playing staff. He has proved himself totally incapable of getting the best out of a much better group of players than the results suggest. Also, 2 of the players he has had a go at more than any others have got him out of the shit this season and possibly saved his job (Newcastle).

haram

i'm saying we should play our strongest team. I'm saying Mou should't put Pogba in the spotlight.
Pogba cannot handle it? Almost as if it has nothing to do with his ability and potential and more to do with what’s in his head.

Mainoldo

Quite frankly that was probably always going to happen given our situation. It doesn't really matter whether we finish second or first in the group, we're already through, and we've got Liverpool on Sunday, so resting players is something I'd expect from every single of our managers.

At the same time we'll probably play somebody like Pereira who's a better player than McTomminay and also probably Fred, so the excuses that Pogba is playing with shit midfield partners cannot really be dished out again in case we're shit.
It’s not an excuse. We need to get away from the notion he’s playing shit on purpose. If you give him movement he can play football. It’s that simple.

Mainoldo

Pogba cannot handle it? Almost as if it has nothing to do with his ability and potential and more to do with what’s in his head.
Basically saying. Just leave him to play his game and stop expecting a masterclass in a nothing game. I’m sure he will have a 7/10. But it’s not a crucial game and he will be playing with a lot of players who lack match practice and will be rusty. It will probably be a 1-0 at best.

Crashoutcassius

There is so much wrong with this post.

What best performance of the season, you mean against Fulham? Give over.

You also forget that SAF won multiple titles at United and earned the right to call the shots over the playing staff. However, even he will tell you that he made mistakes in getting rid of certain key players. Mourinho is a feck up who has got most things wrong and has not earned any right to call the shots over playing staff. He has proved himself totally incapable of getting the best out of a much better group of players than the results suggest. Also, 2 of the players he has had a go at more than any others have got him out of the shit this season and possibly saved his job (Newcastle).
You think that because if the article that said he would be sacked regardless of the result? Gap in logic

Kostur

海尔的老板
It’s not an excuse. We need to get away from the notion he’s playing shit on purpose. If you give him movement he can play football. It’s that simple.
If you give any player movement, they can play football and operate better. Also water is wet.

haram

It's not about him playing shit on purpose. It's about taking responsibility for his own performances rather than blaming everything around him when he is the most talented player in the squad.

Crashoutcassius

Best performance of the season is a very low bar though. We scored a few goals but still didn't look convincing for majority of the match.
I don't agree thought we looked like comfortable winners with the result in no doubt, first time I've felt like that this season. We made many chances and were positive until result was wrapped up. That is performance I expected from mourinho when he arrived. Anyone who expected a totally different klopp or guardiola style or ever expects it should have head checked

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
I don't agree thought we looked like comfortable winners with the result in no doubt, first time I've felt like that this season. We made many chances and were positive until result was wrapped up. That is performance I expected from mourinho when he arrived. Anyone who expected a totally different klopp or guardiola style or ever expects it should have head checked
It's Fulham, we could have beaten them with our reserves. We should have gone on to score another 3 goals in the 2nd half, as out goal difference is shite, but we were back to 'normal'.

Similarly, we should have beaten Southampton in the same way and with one leg tied behind our backs.

Mainoldo

If you give any player movement, they can play football and operate better. Also water is wet.
If that’s the case why can’t Matic and Fellaini play Rashford through everytime he’s free?! Water can also be ice which is not went wen frozen.

Mainoldo

It's not about him playing shit on purpose. It's about taking responsibility for his own performances rather than blaming everything around him when he is the most talented player in the squad.
I haven’t heard him blame anyone.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
In light of what happened with Pogba I'd just like to remind everyone of those times we use to laugh at Chelsea fans for wanting their best player gone because of Jose's nonsenses.
If only Mourinho had won vs Pogba we will be seeing this Pogba at another club
I think the board deserves more credit for standing by the players

El Zoido

Mourinho had much of our fan base believing all our players were crap. This is like some global scale gaslighting.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I'll put my hands up and admit I got suckered in. Jose was the problem, Ole is the solution.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Mourinho turned a ferrari into a hotdog wagon. What a disgrace of a manager. His man management if expressive ones with actual footballing qualities is shocking.

Kapardin

If only Mourinho had won vs Pogba we will be seeing this Pogba at another club
I think the board deserves more credit for standing by the players
I'm still worried that may happen. For all the joy, we are likely not getting CL football next season and Raiola will get itchy.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I'll put my hands up and admit I got suckered in. Jose was the problem, Ole is the solution.
Me too. I thought if the players won’t play for someone as successful and seemingly charismatic as Jose then the squad was broken and soft .Turns out José was the problem. His man management and tactics were horrible in hindsight. We still need to see how the team responds to tougher tests and the inevitable first defeat under Ole but it’s all positive so far! Maybe we can keep a clean sheet at some stage?!

Phil Osophy

I hope this thread doesn't get closed. We need a thread to keep laughing at Shitinho and his deluded fanboys.

Quizierda

I have always been saying that he is the least manager I want to see at United and he proved why!
So thankful he is gone now and really hope us missing out on CL due to him won't cost us Martial and DDG..

Footballing dinosaur. Hope he fecks off to UAE or China - useless manager.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
It would have been an even bigger feckup than KDB if Woody didn't sack Mourinho, and he managed to drive Pogba out of the club. Either through his toxicity or a straight up sale.

KDB was young potential and talent when Mourinho sold him, selling this version of Pogba would have been akin to selling current version of KDB.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Somewhere in Jose's living room there's a TV that's been smashed to bits.
Doubtful he'd even bother to watch the game. He has zero affinity for the club. He needed a high profile job, and he used us to try and get his stock higher. The whole three fingers thing at the end of his first season was all about him; look at me, I can still guide big teams to trophies.

crossy1686

career ending
Doubtful he'd even bother to watch the game. He has zero affinity for the club. He needed a high profile job, and he used us to try and get his stock higher. The whole three fingers thing at the end of his first season was all about him; look at me, I can still guide big teams to trophies.
It makes me happy to think that at some point he will see Pogba's goalscoring after he's left and be angry about it.