Renato Sanches | Performances

Cpt.Here

Supports
Bayern Munich
Coman had Pogba in Turin. As much as I know they were very close. And in the first year in Munich Ribery's wife "adopted" him and he spent a lot time with Ribery's family. His mother spent a lot of time in Turin and Munich, too. It was the same with others - Martinez big brother moved with him to Munich as did Shaqiri's. That was/is the problem with Sanches. He's the oldest - his siblings are a lot younger and his Mom newly married. He was/is alone in Munich and Swansea. And he hardly has a school education.
You just gotta find friends at your club. Maybe Sanches is more of an introvert. What was he thinking when he signed his contract? He obviously overestimated the situation at a new club in a totally different country. I don't blame him for being the kind of guy he is but he should have thought this through before he made the decision to leave his club and his family. Maybe Bayern was too rash when they were in talks with his agent but they normally got a plan when they sign young players from outside of Germany to support them where they can. Not speaking a word English makes it a lot more difficult though but he knew that.

Sanches' skills are a little bit overrated, I agree. His passing skills are awful and his decision making is way too slow to perform under pressure. He could be a reasonable aggressive attacking midfielder in a defensive playing team with at least two good defenders behind him if you ask me. He could be useful for rebounds around the penalty box but you shouldn't let him play in a more defensive role cause he is just too clumsy at tacklings.

Ephrem

Kept Gerrard in his pocket, at Anfield of all places. Fabregas too, even though it his "peak" was for a season or two. He can pick a long pass too. Just a shame really.
He was a terrific young player. People here have short memories. Injuries and lack of commitment was his issues. Its an insult to compare Renato to Anderson. Renato haven't shown anything to warrant that kind of comparison

SLBenfica1904

Supports
SLBenfica
Benfica sold him when he was being regarded as the next big thing. He skipped too many steps in his formation as a footballer, he was clearly not ready to a big move, but my club(and Mendes) only cared about making a huge amount of money. When I knew the club was Bayern I honestly though it was a good move, as I rated the germans as being experienced enough to see the quality and potential of a player. I was wrong and he clearly failed as he was not ready for a big move and there was too much pressure on him to suceed. He is not that bad as some of you are saying, he is simply not mentally healthy. He can still be very useful to many teams that need energy/strength/ability to transport the ball especially in counterattack. I would accept him back in Benfica as I still believe he can give good things to the game.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
You honestly think he would be flourishing under Mourinho. He is the exact opposite in what he likes in a player.
He’s similar to Herrera who although I don’t rate very highly. He won the player of the year under Jose.

Bobski

To be fair Anderson was actually good when he was fit and lean, which was rare mind you but still.
Anderson actually had spells, even as late as 12/13, when he was very productive for Utd. Sanches is not on the same level.

Ando, I remember the hype about him coming out of that under 17 WC back in 2005. He was being talked about as one of the greatest players of that age ever, I do wonder how much that initial leg break in Portugal damaged his career, or if he would never have had the professionalism to fulfill his potential either way. Is he even still playing at this point?

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Anderson actually had spells, even as late as 12/13, when he was very productive for Utd. Sanches is not on the same level.

Ando, I remember the hype about him coming out of that under 17 WC back in 2005. He was being talked about as one of the greatest players of that age ever, I do wonder how much that initial leg break in Portugal damaged his career, or if he would never have had the professionalism to fulfill his potential either way. Is he even still playing at this point?
Currently a free agent. I would definitely get him back in. Pay him a couple of grand a week to boost team morale.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
So he might probably be moving to Lille this transfer window for about 25 million. I certainly feel it was a bullet dodged after so much drama what, 3 years ago? Thoughts?
Is that even debatable?

neilv93

Perfect move for him. Hopefully he can rebuild his career and once again demonstrate his undeniable talent. Think the Bayern move just came too soon for him.

P4rthen0n

Supports
Benfica
So he might probably be moving to Lille this transfer window for about 25 million. I certainly feel it was a bullet dodged after so much drama what, 3 years ago? Thoughts?
Bayern and Kovac are at fault here.
He had a tremendous potential but left Benfica too soon.
I really hope Renato gets this transfer done and gets back these 3 years of his career that Bayern wasted.
I would not be surprised to see him back in the spotlight in a big european club in a few years.

Last edited:

Infestissumam

huge bullet dodged. I love how he went to the media and whined about only being brought on late in the first game of the season, he clearly thinks he's better than he is. Great deal for Bayern, recouping most of their money is good business. He'll probably be good against the likes of Brest and Dijon but fail against the better Ligue 1 clubs.

To think he got Golden Boy over Rashford ... madness then, even crazier today.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Perfect move for him. Hopefully he can rebuild his career and once again demonstrate his undeniable talent. Think the Bayern move just came too soon for him.
Yup, was a big mistake, better to stay at Benfica for 2-3 more years at least then move. Seems like he'll get lots of minutes at Lille and get a chance to develop to show the level he can reach.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Have the feeling he'll explode at Lille. Süle recently said Renato is the best player in training quite regularly. Kovac didn't play him anyway, though.