Renato Sanches | Performances

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
The guy must be a psychological wreck by now. He's just a kid from the hood, probably doesn't speak English, no matter German… He must go back in January to Portugal, to his family and kid, just hope Mendes sees this and doesn't burn him.

There's another case of a great Portuguese player who never got out of the country, João Pinto (Boavista, Benfica, Sporting…), precisely because he had a horrible experience early on in his career, going to Atlético de Madrid and not making it there.

For those certain he never had any ability, just check the way he dispossesses Hulk from Zenit twice… It's pretty shameful the way people go about him, as if he never amounts to nothing somehow proves a thing about yourselves.

Sigma

Feel bad for him, confidence must be down at the moment. Hope he can have a good game soon.

Schneckerl

For those certain he never had any ability, just check the way he dispossesses Hulk from Zenit twice… It's pretty shameful the way people go about him, as if he never amounts to nothing somehow proves a thing about yourselves.
Oh yes amazing. Crying myself to sleep that Utd didn't sign him after seeing that.

Just because I think it's obvious his football skills and IQ are subpar doesn't mean I have a problem with him personally or enjoy it that he seems to fail.

It's just something that will inevitablely happen due to his lack of quality.

Last edited:

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Thank you Louis

Would we have signed Pogba if we had managed to sign this guy? Doubt we would have spent 200 mil euros on just 2 midfielders. Especially before Neymargate
Initial payout for Sanches was €35M so I do think we would have gone for both.

Jaybomb

Happened a few times to me. You see a glimpse of color at the side and your first instinct is to pass it. It looks ridiculous from where we’re standing but trust me it’s a very easy mistake.

I still think Sanches is a quality player but Swansea is the completely wrong team for him. With better quality players around him, he would shine again. Perhaps somewhere like Juventus or if he was to stay in the Premier League, Liverpool.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Thats the price quoted to Bayern though.

Seems to be a dual market. Especially when an English club is interested.
Don't think so. Media just sensationalise fee. Bayern paid 35 Million and 45 Million in add ons (not that they will ever pay them going by his performance). Had we signed him, press would have said Sanches was signed for 80 Million as they love big fee.

Mcking

Nobody knows how good he really is due to poor career choices so far. When I saw his pass to the Carabao logo, I knew the problem was more psychology rather than not been good enough.

RedCurry

Sometimes these individual clips can really exaggerate a poor performance but his performance today really was painful to watch. He’s so devoid of confidence at the moment. No way is he this bad as a player though. Before his move to Bayern I didn’t quite buy the hype till I watched him put in performances where he just ran faster than everyone and found decent passes. He has that in his locker but at the moment he needs a manager/coach to get him back on track. Dare I say, he needs a Mourinho type manager.

Kapardin

Maybe he needs to wear glasses while playing like the cricketer Daniel Vettori.

Guess Carabao didn't need the lulz caused by him right after the league cup draw fiasco. I have been planning to order the drink to see if it matches up to Red Bull though...

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Passes to the advertising board happens. The fact he had a terrible game just blows it up more.

JoaquinJoaquin

The guy must be a psychological wreck by now. He's just a kid from the hood, probably doesn't speak English, no matter German… He must go back in January to Portugal, to his family and kid, just hope Mendes sees this and doesn't burn him.

There's another case of a great Portuguese player who never got out of the country, João Pinto (Boavista, Benfica, Sporting…), precisely because he had a horrible experience early on in his career, going to Atlético de Madrid and not making it there.

See the hypocrisy is crazy in here. A poster above said 'people who rate him weren't watching the games' during the Euros when he clearly never watched him prior to that tournament either. But hey if it fits the agenda.

Robbie Boy

See the hypocrisy is crazy in here. A poster above said 'people who rate him weren't watching the games' during the Euros when he clearly never watched him prior to that tournament either. But hey if it fits the agenda.
I think hypocrisy is definitely the wrong word here. Fact is, far more informed posters than ourselves didn't rate him too highly early in his career and felt the hype was all too much. When I watched him at the Euro's, I genuinely couldn't believe this was the player that some were ranting and raving about. A video of him dispossessing Hulk is hardly solid evidence that the hype was justified.

It's too hard to call how things will end up for him, but right now, he's in a bad place and his performances this season have been utterly horrendous. I have absolutely no bias either for or against him, I just feel he isn't actually very good. It's happened a hell of a-lot over the years when a hyped player gets a move and ends up not being nearly as good as people initially thought.

JoaquinJoaquin

I think hypocrisy is definitely the wrong word here. Fact is, far more informed posters than ourselves didn't rate him too highly early in his career and felt the hype was all too much. When I watched him at the Euro's, I genuinely couldn't believe this was the player that some were ranting and raving about. A video of him dispossessing Hulk is hardly solid evidence that the hype was justified.

It's too hard to call how things will end up for him, but right now, he's in a bad place and his performances this season have been utterly horrendous. I have absolutely no bias either for or against him, I just feel he isn't actually very good. It's happened a hell of a-lot over the years when a hyped player gets a move and ends up not being nearly as good as people initially thought.
I think the video of him dispossessing Hulk was just a small sample size video, not complete evidence if that makes sense.

Whether people rate him or not, one thing for certain is that he is very out of form right now and his confidence looks shot to bits.

GBBQ

Happened a few times to me. You see a glimpse of color at the side and your first instinct is to pass it. It looks ridiculous from where we’re standing but trust me it’s a very easy mistake.

I still think Sanches is a quality player but Swansea is the completely wrong team for him. With better quality players around him, he would shine again. Perhaps somewhere like Juventus or if he was to stay in the Premier League, Liverpool.
Come on, if it was an easy mistake we'd see more people do it.

Robbie Boy

I think the video of him dispossessing Hulk was just a small sample size video, not complete evidence if that makes sense.

Whether people rate him or not, one thing for certain is that he is very out of form right now and his confidence looks shot to bits.
Absolutely. It looks like he had an absolute mare last night. I can't see it getting any better for him, though as Swansea look a-bit of a mess and will likely have a managerial change at some point over the coming months.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
That tackle on Hulk isn't even proper tackling technique. He wildly throws a leg backwards. If that's what you are using to point to his talent then he must have none.

JoaquinJoaquin

Absolutely. It looks like he had an absolute mare last night. I can't see it getting any better for him, though as Swansea look a-bit of a mess and will likely have a managerial change at some point over the coming months.
Funny thing was, I watched him have that nightmare last night and immediately thought 'i'm going to look like an idiot defending him with you now' :lol:

Robbie Boy

Funny thing was, I watched him have that nightmare last night and immediately thought 'i'm going to look like an idiot defending him with you now' :lol:
Haha, when I saw this thread bumped last night, I actually thought he was having a good game or after getting a goal. I was too busy laughing watching Rooney destroy Moyes :lol:

Lagger

Supports
FC Bayern
Why? He is more then capable of dominating in Portugal as he has showed already. Just because he didn't make use of his limited chances he got at Bayern and Hasn't excelled in a terrible Swansea team, Doesn't mean he can't do a job for Benfica.
Benfica is one of those talent producing clubs, aren't they? Surely they have a younger, much cheaper talent that's almost as good as Sanchez. Why take him back? Obviously that lad has got some ego issues.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
This thread deserves some Joe Hart treatment - make it 'performances'.

Lagger

Supports
FC Bayern
That is why I love this great player: underrated but in reality ahead of his time :drool:
That was a great no-look pass, though, wasn't it?

If the dude would go get a haircut, he'd actually see what's going on, I think... :P

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Not surprised at all with this, always predicted from the generation of 97 in Portugal at least Ruben Neves was/is way better than him, he only made difference at youth level based on physical performance, at professional level doesn't matter much, even with Benfica friends I was called a racist because I said he lacks tactical and technical fundamentals.

And now after watching this instead of laughing I feel sorry for the kid, what can be more humiliating to a professional footballer than everybody laughing at you in the stadium?

Not even sure if he can recover at Benfica, he really looks very low on his confidence levels, not to mention the lack of basic fundamentals like pass and reception...

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
That tackle on Hulk isn't even proper tackling technique. He wildly throws a leg backwards. If that's what you are using to point to his talent then he must have none.
The tackling technique is he does it twice. And it's just an exemple, the videos run much longer. He was for a long time the great hope of Benfica's formation, even ahead of the likes of Bernardo Silva. There's absolutely no doubt he has talent, like no one here would now say that Ravel Morrison never had it, but he got lost in the process due to lack of language, culture, maturity, money and working context, and it needs to be back on track.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
He was for a long time the great hope of Benfica's formation, even ahead of the likes of Bernardo Silva.
There is a difference between hope and reality. Guedes never had the same buzz as Renato and developed much better than him.

Anyone who watched Portugal youth teams could see he doesn't have the basic fundamentals a good midfielder needs to have compared with Ruben Neves, too much propaganda around him, time for Benfica to start the focus on development and less noise around who is the next big thing to be sold at 18/19/20.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
There is a difference between hope and reality. Guedes never had the same buzz as Renato and developed much better then him.

Anyone who watched Portugal youth teams could see he doesn't have the basic fundamentals a good midfielder needs to have compared with Ruben Neves, too much propaganda around him, time for Benfica to start the focus on development and less noise around who is the next big thing to be sold at 18/19/20.
I’d say the more noise the better, as far as Benfica are concerned. They’ve made out like bandits here.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I’d say the more noise the better, as far as Benfica are concerned. They’ve made out like bandits here.
When you are more worried with developing to sell like if you are in a factory and being associated with super agents, at least you should worry if you are teaching well the basic fundamentals a good midfielder needs.

When the most praised aspects were his phisical atributes at 17/18 and you could see basic things like missing passes at 5 or 10 meters something is fundamentally wrong here...

schwalbe

Supports
Fc Bayern München
I've always thought that transfers of young talents are the most exciting, i was super stoked about the Kimmich and Coman transfers for example. Sanches was completely different because he always looked bang average to me. No idea what anyone could see in him, he's shit. It also raises serious doubts about Reschke (Bayern's previous head scout).

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
Not surprised at all with this, always predicted from the generation of 97 in Portugal at least Ruben Neves was/is way better than him, he only made difference at youth level based on physical performance, at professional level doesn't matter much, even with Benfica friends I was called a racist because I said he lacks tactical and technical fundamentals.

And now after watching this instead of laughing I feel sorry for the kid, what can be more humiliating to a professional footballer than everybody laughing at you in the stadium?

Not even sure if he can recover at Benfica, he really looks very low on his confidence levels, not to mention the lack of basic fundamentals like pass and reception...
He needs to get out of the spotlight, and quickly. Everyone, Bayern, Benfica, and he himself, did him a disservice with the transfer. He wasn't ready (and in hindsight you Portuguese league following guys look more right about it than our scouts lol). He obviously can't cope mentally with the expectations, because obviously he is not THAT bad.
One could feel already at Bayern in the few minutes he got, that he was overeager to prove a point, or his worth, in any second on the pitch. This has escalated now, he seems to think 'if I couldn't boss it at Bayern I MUST boss it at Swansea". He's now in full tilt mode, and doing everything wrong.
The hype has ruined him, as the focus is firmly on him based on his high profile, much more than it would be on any loaned out midfielder of his age at a smallish club, and he obviously can't cope with that.

He needs to go back to Portugal probably, hope we let him after his loan is up ,and he's clever enough to do it.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
He wasn't ready (and in hindsight you Portuguese league following guys look more right about it than our scouts lol).
I tried to stay away from the subject, in Portugal was a bit toxic to say that to Benfica fans, always the nonsense with haters and racism and all that, but basically was surprised Bayern or United were interested in him, he probably could have developed better at Benfica for more 2 years in his own environment.

But with the current manager they have he probably wouldn't improve much tactically, not to mention he never had the same understanding of the game as Ruben Neves just to compare 2 players from the same generation (not saying Ruben is going to be the next big thing, but he understands the game).