g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Renato Sanches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Not entirely convinced I am wrong yet. We shall see.

Utter nonsense. Look up my history, search Martial.
We were both conned by di maria though, I remember we were best buddies in convincing the caf non believers.
My apologies regarding Martial, guess I mistook you for someone else.

We weren't conned by Di Maria at all. He was definitely the type of player we needed but what we can't judge is how such a player will adapt to British surroundings. Also I don't believe LVG helped with his adaptation. Di Maria just didn't have the right mentality to play for us.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
Hope the club opts for an actual technical midfielder. One who lets the ball do the work.
Leave this guy for someone else.

So over-hyped.

Last edited:

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Yes, Benfica fans.

He doesn't give one good pass.

Pathetic. He didn't evolve since he was promoted to the first team.

Let's hope Manchester comes with 40 M, so we can buy a real 8.

He has very important technical-tactical deficiencies.

The most overrated player on the planet. It will be the best business of history if we sell him for more than 40 M.

Let's be honest, he's not worth 40 M. at the moment let alone 80.

Did Renato give a good pass?

Renato destroys all our potential attacks.

80 M? I don't understand nothing about football.

And some people say we have to refuse 50 M for Renato.

Renato Sanches? Even for 30 M. So so bad.
Definitely worth 60Mil though am I right? :rolleyes:

Norris

One game is probably too harsh to dismiss him, but I love that Benfica fans are just as good at giving over-reactions as us lot... :p

El Jefe

Apart from my obvious wums during FellaBarry summer (i might have made cases for Osman and McCarthy during joke summer) , I am usually correct when I am serious and have my game face on. Harry Kane and Di Maria have been the only ones I have been really really wrong on.

Said Oscar was going to turn out naff when everyone was somehow drooling over him (yes people really rated him in his first year or so, all I saw were deficiencies and I had to go for an extra dentist appointment to get my teeth whitened for that last laugh), told you Lacazette and Otamendi and Pedro were flattering to deceive when everyone inexplicably had for certain the first two on their "throw 40 million at them, can not believe we let blah blah sign then" list ladt summer, wrote off Depay's dribbling ability and creativity months before he joined.. Until I joined the long list of gullible fecks who got conned by that crazy psv fan and gave him a chance. Did not believe Adnan would amount to anything when he was doing well, said Welbeck is naff when he was Enjoying Rashford treatment on here, my list of credentials go on.

I makae mistakes but i have an 80% success ratio. Heed my advice when I am not messing.
I really do love Kevin's posts :lol: :lol:

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
He's the opposite of a LVG player. He likes positional discipline, good vision of the field and good sense of positioning. He's against taking risks, it's forbidden to lose the ball, and driving through the middle.

And this kid does the exact opposite. He's impulsive, lacks any kind of tactical culture, loses the ball permanently and his main strength is to carry the ball forward with powerful runs. If LVG remains here next season this is going to be similar to Di Maria, simply not compatible. It could be different if we hire Mourinho, but it would be a pointless transfer anyway.

This is the one of the most pathetic attempts of creating a star when there's nothing. We've seen hundreds of new Peles and Maradonas, but this is probably one of the most ridiculous chapters in football. Mendes and Benfica want to do the business of the year at the expense of some idiots with money, and they have found one, it seems.
I hope for his sake that isn't considered one of his strengths. Doesn't bode well for the rest of his game.

Apparently, even with all this coverage and hype, people have been unable to put many clips together of him going past two or three men with the ball for Benfica's first team. He does a great job of running really aggressively into nowhere, though. Such talent.

Gives it away constantly, and over hits just about everything else (even in his highlight videos), falls over a lot too. Just generally makes the pitch look bobbly and makes the game look scrappy and low-level.

Or maybe no-ones gotten round to putting in any good clips yet.

Quite why he's being hyped so much is a mystery.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
I hope for his sake that isn't considered one of his strengths. Doesn't bode well for the rest of his game.

Apparently, even with all this coverage and hype, people have been unable to put many clips together of him going past two or three men with the ball for Benfica's first team. He does a great job of running really aggressively into nowhere, though. Such talent.

Gives it away constantly, and over hits just about everything else (even in his highlight videos), falls over a lot too. Just generally makes the pitch look bobbly and makes the game look scrappy and low-level.

Or maybe no-ones gotten round to putting in any good clips yet.

Quite why he's being hyped so much is a mystery.

I think there is a hope for many fans that we end up finding another great box to box midfielder again. Its been a while since we had one and maybe that hope or desire means some fans dont see certain technical problems with players.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I wonder what some of you guys would've posted if you had seen a 18 year old Roy Keane, especially his technique.

Stack

I wonder what some of you guys would've posted if you had seen a 18 year old Roy Keane, especially his technique.
Well the truth is Keanes technique at 18 was in place. One of the hard truths in football is that if a player doesnt have the required technique in place by 16-18 then it is incredibly difficult to get it up to the level required. There are a long list of reasons for that, its not impossible but very difficult.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Well the truth is Keanes technique at 18 was in place. One of the hard truths in football is that if a player doesnt have the required technique in place by 16-18 then it is incredibly difficult to get it up to the level required. There are a long list of reasons for that, its not impossible but very difficult.
Sanches doesn't actually have poor technique, even though he doesn't always use it correctly at the moment.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I don't believe Keane was technically gifted but he made up for it with other attributes.

Andy Cole was below average technically aswell.

Stack

Sanches doesn't actually have poor technique, even though he doesn't always use it correctly at the moment.
I have to disagree. The place where technique can be seen to be good or bad is at pace and under pressure. I dont mean while running quickly, I mean whilst executing some move and having to do it quickly under pressure. When he is place under pressure and has to use a turn or control move it breaks down.

Stack

I don't believe Keane was technically gifted but he made up for it with other attributes.

Andy Cole was below average technically aswell.
Well Keane was in the Irish age related training systems before he got to age group level. He was involved in National academies and you dont get into those without being gifted.

Cassidy

I have to disagree. The place where technique can be seen to be good or bad is at pace and under pressure. I dont mean while running quickly, I mean whilst executing some move and having to do it quickly under pressure. When he is place under pressure and has to use a turn or control move it breaks down.
I agree with that.

the hea

This thread is just overreaction after overreaction. The boy has a good game and everyone thinks he will be our savior and is worth all the money in the world, then after he has a bad game everyone thinks he is more overrated than Bebe and lacks any talent what so ever. Why can't people just accept that he is a talent that might or might not come good in the future and like all 18 year old talents he will have good games and he will have bad one's.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Well Keane was in the Irish age related training systems before he got to age group level. He was involved in National academies and you dont get into those without being gifted.
From what I saw of Keane during his 12 yrs with us, I wouldn't call him technically gifted. Scholes was technically gifted not Keane.

Cassidy

From what I saw of Keane during his 12 yrs with us, I wouldn't call him technically gifted. Scholes was technically gifted not Keane.
Keane was very good technically

RedRevongge

He is bound to have areas in his game he needs to improve.....he is fecking 18 for God's sake. If he has the potential to become one of the worlds best midfielders then we should go for him for a reasonable fee.

I remember some people thought we wasted money on Martial. Until you see them week in week out its not our place to judge him

Cassidy

This thread is just overreaction after overreaction. The boy has a good game and everyone thinks he will be our savior and is worth all the money in the world, then after he has a bad game everyone thinks he is more overrated than Bebe and lacks any talent what so ever. Why can't people just accept that he is a talent that might or might not come good in the future and like all 18 year old talents he will have good games and he will have bad one's.
This

Devil may care

There's a difference between being technically gifted and being technically proficient, at this point Sanches needs to become the later, his touch is still very erratic.

Stack

Well possibly what you think is good technique and what i think is good technique are two different things.

Stack

Why cant you accept that some people will have differing opinions to yours and stop being so defensive and dismissive of that?
Have said it a couple of times before, the scouts will know more than me and there is a good chance i am wrong but I just dont see the hype thats being pushed in here for Sanchez. I keep looking and I just dont see it.

Devil may care

I think the price is clouding things a bit, if we were bringing him in for a Blind level fee then most wouldn't be so bothered, but we are looking at a big outlay initially before even getting to possible add-ons.

The other issue is that he's raw, people can cite his admittedly good first leg against Bayern and the game against Zenit, but as with many young players he's up and down. That would be fine if our midfield was in great shape and we could blood him in gradually, but at the price he'll cost and the mediocrity of our midfield, pressure to play him like Martial will be immediate, especially if we don't add a more ready made CM to the squad this summer.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Well possibly what you think is good technique and what i think is good technique are two different things.
Scholes,Zidane,Iniesta, Xavi these are players who were technically brilliant. Keane wasn't close to them on a technical level.

diarm

The Caf has these overreactions over United youngsters who they've personally watched play umpteen games well, but who have the audacity to have a poor game once in a while. Not sure why we'd expect things to be any different for some lad they've seen 4 times on youtube.

Cassidy

First touch, ball control under pressure in tight spaces.
Keane was phenomenal at this. Where he differed from the players you mentioned was more the ability to manipulate the ball to beat players in tight areas.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Keane was phenomenal at this. Where he differed from the players you mentioned was more the ability to manipulate the ball to beat players in tight areas.
We struggled in the Ucl in the 90's at times due to our midfields inability to keep possession against technically good teams.

Riz

I think our squad is more suited to a 433 than a 4231. For that reason a midfield of:

Sanches - Herrera
Schneiderlin

could be interesting to watch. Would require at least 1 more attacker though. I just think if we persist with this 4231 then we'll need another holding midfielder, at least another attacker and a world class #10. Failing that give Mata a proper crack there with another outlet on the right.

cyberman

We struggled in the Ucl in the 90's at times due to our midfields inability to keep possession against technically good teams.
Not for me. It was due to Sir Alex being tactically inflexible rather than not keeping the ball.
Two up top and two wingers hugging the touchline with overlapping fullbacks. Its ridiculous looking back!
We were never outclassed. We always took it to the opposition home or away.

Cassidy

You do realise when we won the UCL in 99 Keane was the main CM not Scholes. Scholes was on the bench in the semis and quarters, not that I am knocking Scholes btw but Keane in the 90s was out main CM and was very technically gifted too.

Anyway this is the wrong thread. My main point was that Sanches has good technique, his issue at the moment is his consistency and knowing when/when not to use it.

cyberman

And the rest.
Yes if he excells.
80m euros is the buyout clause. How that translated to we are 100% buying him for that amount is beyond me.
The recent reports are 31m plus add ons if he fullfills his potential.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Ok, now Im not trying to be obtuse or difficult but with respect to those things what tells you that a players technique is good.
A player who can express himself even when he's under pressure against top quality opposition. First touch and ball control may look ok against most EPL teams but against Barca, Bayern etc the flaws will show.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He is bound to have areas in his game he needs to improve.....he is fecking 18 for God's sake. If he has the potential to become one of the worlds best midfielders then we should go for him for a reasonable fee.

I remember some people thought we wasted money on Martial. Until you see them week in week out its not our place to judge him
And he's going to cost us £40Mil+ and therefore command a starting positon, he's not an improvement on any of ours currently. Martial looked far more of a talent than this lad does. It's a ridiculous risk to take in my books.

Status
Not open for further replies.