Renato Sanches

Status
Not open for further replies.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
More reports today that deal is done.

Fee being 32m upfront with 15m in add-ons.

izec

If he comes in while van Gaal stays, that would be a monumental feck up. He wouldnt play more than Pereira

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Delighted, can't wait for him to bring in some energy and drive to a stagnant midfield.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

Some fair points made about his bad form but he's played an awful lot of football for an 18yr old.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Delighted, can't wait for him to bring in some energy and drive to a stagnant midfield.
I think he will, but I also think a team reflects their manager and ours is a prime example. A new manager and it might just be like getting a whole new team.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Which credible reports today say the deal is done?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He isn't more explosive than Ramires was with Benfica, that's not even close.
In that case, Ramires didn't really translate that much to the PL. He's always had running power but it's not the same as being able to take players on consistently and overall explosiveness. Maybe this kid can handle the transition better.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
In that case, Ramires didn't really translate that much to the PL. He's always had running power but it's not the same as being able to take players on consistently and overall explosiveness. Maybe this kid can handle the transition better.
Ramires is quicker but Sanches is more powerful and more skillful which makes him far more difficult to stop when he's running with it.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Saw him play a couple of times and am still undecided about him.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I'm undecided too. Can't we just go for Kante instead

Adisa

With the number of minutes under his belt, I don't think he sjphould go to the euros. We might be signing a jaded player. He already looks tired. The Portugese coach has said he will be going. I hope he has a change of heart.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
32 million +15 million deal. I think this one is happening.

ManUchosenbosslvg

Supports
Manchester reds
With the number of minutes under his belt, I don't think he sjphould go to the euros. We might be signing a jaded player. He already looks tired. The Portugese coach has said he will be going. I hope he has a change of heart.
If he wanted to play in the Euros then he should have requested his club not overuse him. His international coach can't let club football dictate who he can and cannot select.

He might well need a long rest after it but we have to factor that in if we want to buy him.

Last edited:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
At the beginning of the season he was fantastic, only this last month has he started to look a little jaded.

People unfortunately cannot see the wood through the trees. Yes the potential amount is a lot, but if he reaches those objectives it means he's become a fantastic player.

Adisa

If he wanted to play in the Euros then he should have requested his club not overuse him. His international coach can't let club football dictate who he can and cannot select.

He might well need a long rest after it but we have to factor that in if we want to buy him.
It won't deter us but it might means we have to use him sparingly at the start of the season which is a bit of a bummer.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Yes, Benfica fans.

He doesn't give one good pass.

Pathetic. He didn't evolve since he was promoted to the first team.

Let's hope Manchester comes with 40 M, so we can buy a real 8.

He has very important technical-tactical deficiencies.

The most overrated player on the planet. It will be the best business of history if we sell him for more than 40 M.

Let's be honest, he's not worth 40 M. at the moment let alone 80.

Did Renato give a good pass?

Renato destroys all our potential attacks.

80 M? I don't understand nothing about football.

And some people say we have to refuse 50 M for Renato.

Renato Sanches? Even for 30 M. So so bad.
Well this isnt encouraging. For someone who apparently carries the Benfica team they don't seem to rate him too much

From what I've watched I'm not impressed at all with Sanches but if the club is paying £46m then surely they have done their homework. But they did buy Depay for £27m who is absolute shit so....

NJM78

Well this isnt encouraging. For someone who apparently carries the Benfica team they don't seem to rate him too much

From what I've watched I'm not impressed at all with Sanches but if the club is paying £46m then surely they have done their homework. But they did buy Depay for £27m who is absolute shit so....
It looks like a few of those Benfica Renato posts are based on the likes of Lingard, Rooney and Fellaini but with the name changed. However I'd imagine some sour grapes mixed with some truth in there but Like you suggest and what's been reported, we have scouted the shit out of him and if he does turn out to be wank well our scouts need to be replaced.
For me though the fact his own manager and the national manager have shown so much faith in him plus various followers of Portuguese football saying he is one of the brightest prospects in a long time means I will pass judgement for now to them over a handful of fans. I actually like what I have seen of him so far in few full games but the price is ridiculous (in general these days) and I'd certainly be sounding out some other more experienced players like Kroos or Gundogan (who probably have no interest in joining us)but considering I basically want to remove my own eyes with a a plastic fork the majority of the time I witness any of our current midfielders, I'm certainly hoping for some freshness in that department even if it is just this kid for now.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
It looks like a few of those Benfica Renato posts are based on the likes of Lingard, Rooney and Fellaini but with the name changed. However I'd imagine some sour grapes mixed with some truth in there but Like you suggest and what's been reported, we have scouted the shit out of him and if he does turn out to be wank well our scouts need to be replaced.
For me though the fact his own manager and the national manager have shown so much faith in him plus various followers of Portuguese football saying he is one of the brightest prospects in a long time means I will pass judgement for now to them over a handful of fans. I actually like what I have seen of him so far in few full games but the price is ridiculous (in general these days) and I'd certainly be sounding out some other more experienced players like Kroos or Gundogan (who probably have no interest in joining us)but considering I basically want to remove my own eyes with a a plastic fork the majority of the time I witness any of our current midfielders that I'm certainly hoping for some freshness in that department even if it is just this kid for now.
I will now always be careful about this after Depay

NJM78

I will now always be careful about this after Depay
For sure its a valid point but I also believe Depay will come good and has talent, maybe we will never see it at United but by the law of averages we need someone to turn out a top player...as Martial is only one of a very few signings in the last 6 or 7 years who have actually turned out or appear to be worth the money.

Von Mistelroum

Memphis has a lot of talent. Sadly, he's arrived here with the wrong attitude. He thinks he's made it already and is more interested in flashing his bling than playing football. He has the wrong manager to dirty this out, and he'll likely be sold, but I would fully expect him to look a LOT better if he ends up somewhere with a strong manager.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Memphis has a lot of talent. Sadly, he's arrived here with the wrong attitude. He thinks he's made it already and is more interested in flashing his bling than playing football. He has the wrong manager to dirty this out, and he'll likely be sold, but I would fully expect him to look a LOT better if he ends up somewhere with a strong manager.
You know this how?

Von Mistelroum

You know this how?
My board name may be Von Mistelroum, but this shall not be my real name. I shall not disclose this information, but it shall rhyme with Bouis Ban Baal.

I don't know this. Like the rest of you, I say what I see, and I saw plenty of Memphis at PSV, where he was clearly talented, but he rocked up here in his pimped out car and gear, has seemed far more interested in social media, looking like a big shot, and what he's wearing, than football.

When he's on the pitch, he seems to have lost a few yards, but I don't think he's suffering from anything, just doesn't look arsed. He pulls out of challenges and doesn't seem to have much of the passion he had before.

Status
Not open for further replies.