Renato Sanches

Status
Not open for further replies.

itso 7

Well this isnt encouraging. For someone who apparently carries the Benfica team they don't seem to rate him too much

From what I've watched I'm not impressed at all with Sanches but if the club is paying £46m then surely they have done their homework. But they did buy Depay for £27m who is absolute shit so....
Well this is downright depressing.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
His attitude in some matches has been awful for someone coming to a new club with it all to prove. Not tracking back vs Arsenal or Chelsea for example
And when he tracked back vs Stoke which led to a goal with a poor back header was this also his poor attitude?

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
And when he tracked back vs Stoke which led to a goal with a poor back header was this also his poor attitude?
No that was shit ability and stupidity.

Not sure what that has to do with the fact he didn't look bothered vs Arsenal or Chelsea though. Against Chelsea he was the one who made the initial mistake and couldn't even be bothered to sprint for the ball despite the fact he had only been on the pitch for ten mins and was fresh.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
With the number of minutes under his belt, I don't think he sjphould go to the euros. We might be signing a jaded player. He already looks tired. The Portugese coach has said he will be going. I hope he has a change of heart.
Fernando Santos hasn't said that at all. The midfield is the only sector with some uncertainty regarding the Euro call ups. So many quality choices, that some deserving players will get left out. Our Gks, defense and attack are pretty much sorted.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
O Jogo had a similar report two days ago.
It did? Not putting doubts about what you say, been busy with work perhaps i missed it. If they reported it, i think there's a big chance the deal will be made then.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It did? Not putting doubts about what you say, been busy with work perhaps i missed it.
How reliable is O Jogo? They've said Mourinho is done too + Sanchez

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
It did? Not putting doubts about what you say, been busy with work perhaps i missed it. If they reported it, i think there's a big chance the deal will be made then.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
How reliable is O Jogo? They've said Mourinho is done too + Sanchez
In the three portuguese sports newspapers they are usually the most reliable one. I usually just believe in transfer news when reported at O Jogo. Record and a Bola are garbage.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Oh ty mate. But that just says that Luis Filipe Vieira (Benfica president) went to Manchester to try and finish the deal but they haven't agreed on a fee yet. Still negotiating.

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
If he wanted to play in the Euros then he should have requested his club not overuse him. His international coach can't let club football dictate who he can and cannot select.

He might well need a long rest after it but we have to factor that in if we want to buy him.
If he's going to the euros he would be in the bench.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
If he wanted to play in the Euros then he should have requested his club not overuse him. His international coach can't let club football dictate who he can and cannot select.

He might well need a long rest after it but we have to factor that in if we want to buy him.
Not a very realistic option for an 18 year old who just started in the first team, is it?

Anyway I doubt that if he's not selected, it would be due to tiredness. There is enought time to rest between the end of his club season and start of the Euros.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Barca couldn't even afford to activate Nolito's €18m release clause.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Oh ty mate. But that just says that Luis Filipe Vieira (Benfica president) went to Manchester to try and finish the deal but they haven't agreed on a fee yet. Still negotiating.
Compared to William Carvalho, which player do you think has a brighter future? I know Carvalho is a bit older but not long ago he was branded the new Portuguese midfield sensation.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
His videos make him look like a Fellaini upgraded with actual fight and speed. But technically average and very conservative with his passing.
If it's between Kroos and him, I know whom I'd prefer.

Mr Smith

Well this isnt encouraging. For someone who apparently carries the Benfica team they don't seem to rate him too much

From what I've watched I'm not impressed at all with Sanches but if the club is paying £46m then surely they have done their homework. But they did buy Depay for £27m who is absolute shit so....
Those comments from the Benfica fans seem extremely melodramatic and over the top, not to mention simply incongruous with most of the footage I've seen from him. Honestly, I trust scouting experts who've been assessing young talent for years far more than keyboard warriors freshly bitter about a poor performance from their team. Think about how quickly the caf can get on players backs after one poor game.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
Those comments from the Benfica fans seem extremely melodramatic and over the top, not to mention simply incongruous with most of the footage I've seen from him. Honestly, I trust scouting experts who've been assessing young talent for years far more than keyboard warriors freshly bitter about a poor performance from their team. Think about how quickly the caf can get on players backs after one poor game.
People on here never get on a player's back after 'one poor game'.

The United

Good points especially the last one.

Not that scouts can't get wrong. But, I agree with general point of it.

Zoo

Indeed.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
1 thing for sure, he wouldn't be letting Robbie Brady run through our modified like a train. We desperately need somebody with legs in there to get around the pitch and put out fires, just like Kante does.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
They couldn't pick a worse team than Barcelona to falsify claims of interest in this lad. Perhaps only a Pep team would be more absurd.

He hasn't the technical ability or passing acumen for Barcelona to look his way, unless they've decided to change philosophies or Renato really does have some latent ability, as yet unseen.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
Not sure if serious...
Give three examples this season. Or even just one.
Give five examples since Sir Alex left.

Players who were very good all season, but had one or two poor games and got tons of criticism on this site...

Last edited:

Mr Smith

Give three examples this season. Or even just one.
Give five examples since Sir Alex left.

Players who were very good all season, but had one or two poor games and got tons of criticism on this site...
Firstly, we're not necessarily talking about players who were good all season, but had one or two poor games, we're talking about players who have had ups and downs, or have one or two flaws in their game that people start to see at the exclusion of everything else. But you've issued the challenge, so I guess I'd better meet it.

Juan Mata gets all sorts of criticism, despite being decent most games.
Phil Jones cops an unreasonable amount of stick on here, yes he's a bit wild, but hardly a bad defender.
The criticism of Lingard is pretty out of control too, just go to any matchday thread from the last couple of months.
Even I'm guilty of giving Fellani a hard time, even when he offers something (I was especially critical of him against Leicester because I thought he slowed us down, but he did offer a different dimension to our attacking play).
Darmian seems to get criticism pretty much every game these days, but he's only put in a couple of poor performances.

The point I'm making is that supporters are melodramatic, especially in matchday threads. More to the point, people tend to take note of individual errors much more than tactical roles (a great example was against Leicester, when Rojo made a few defensive errors and was criticised by everyone, including me, but actually provided a really important dimension to our attack in getting high up the pitch and pinning Schlupp in his own half). Bad games tend to stick in supporters' minds for months, and if they see the same kind of error from the same player a couple of times, then it often becomes an error they 'always' make. Obviously all this is a generalisation, but my point still stands. We, the fans, are not experts, much as we'd like to think so, and I trust the judgement of professionals far more than I trust the judgement of the masses on this forum, myself included.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Firstly, we're not necessarily talking about players who were good all season, but had one or two poor games, we're talking about players who have had ups and downs, or have one or two flaws in their game that people start to see at the exclusion of everything else. But you've issued the challenge, so I guess I'd better meet it.

Phil Jones cops an unreasonable amount of stick on here, yes he's a bit wild, but hardly a bad defender.
The criticism of Lingard is pretty out of control too, just go to any matchday thread from the last couple of months.
Even I'm guilty of giving Fellani a hard time, even when he offers something (I was especially critical of him against Leicester because I thought he slowed us down, but he did offer a different dimension to our attacking play).
Darmian seems to get criticism pretty much every game these days, but he's only put in a couple of poor performances.

The point I'm making is that supporters are melodramatic, especially in matchday threads. More to the point, people tend to take note of individual errors much more than tactical roles (a great example was against Leicester, when Rojo made a few defensive errors and was criticised by everyone, including me, but actually provided a really important dimension to our attack in getting high up the pitch and pinning Schlupp in his own half). Bad games tend to stick in supporters' minds for months, and if they see the same kind of error from the same player a couple of times, then it often becomes an error they 'always' make. Obviously all this is a generalisation, but my point still stands. We, the fans, are not experts, much as we'd like to think so, and I trust the judgement of professionals far more than I trust the judgement of the masses on this forum, myself included.
None of them are good enough for alarm team whose seriously competing for the title. There's a reason why we are were we are. The players and the manager are not good enough

ManUchosenbosslvg

Supports
Manchester reds
But the Benfica fans see him actually play, not watching edited YouTube clips. You see how they could throw the accusation of being a "keyboard warrior" back at you yes?

Mr Smith

But the Benfica fans see him actually play, not watching edited YouTube clips. You see how they could throw the accusation of being a "keyboard warrior" back at you yes?
I would, except that the only cause I'm championing is that we all calm down a bit. My point was that people's perceptions can become pretty skewed when they're supporters giving opinions after a game they were invested in.

ehsanul

Bestower of favours

You must be living in a dreamland,if you think those above average players are good enough for a team competing for the title.Lingard staring most of the game shows how shit the team has become.

Mr Smith

You must be living in a dreamland,if you think those above average players are good enough for a team competing for the title.Lingard staring most of the game shows how shit the team has become.
I feel like you're really missing the point...

If I concede that claiming that caf members get on player's backs after one game was extreme and out of proportion, will that satisfy you? Once again, my point was that the comments made by fans on forums during and after matches are often extreme and unreliable, which is why I'm not putting much stock in Benfica fans claiming Sanches "doesn't give one good pass", and "always disrupts attacks".

Regarding Lingard, I never claimed he was top quality, simply that he gets unfair criticism around here given his general skill level and the work rate he puts in. I wouldn't want him to be starting every game for us either, but I like him, and I think he can do a job for us when we need it.

Devil1

BRANDED: Part Time dipper supporter
There's a game for benfica now if anyone interested.

Flicked the game on there and he looks impressive- strong, calm and technically very good- would love to see him develop with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.