Renato Sanches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Silly move that. I'm a fan of his but you can't be doing that on a yellow. Shown his immaturity there.

Adam-Utd

I'm sure he's already watching, no doubt with a full scouting dossier telling us how poor he was.

Revan

Assumptionman
Apart from my obvious wums during FellaBarry summer (i might have made cases for Osman and McCarthy during joke summer) , I am usually correct when I am serious and have my game face on. Harry Kane and Di Maria have been the only ones I have been really really wrong on.

Said Oscar was going to turn out naff when everyone was somehow drooling over him (yes people really rated him in his first year or so, all I saw were deficiencies and I had to go for an extra dentist appointment to get my teeth whitened for that last laugh), told you Lacazette and Otamendi and Pedro were flattering to deceive when everyone inexplicably had for certain the first two on their "throw 40 million at them, can not believe we let blah blah sign then" list ladt summer, wrote off Depay's dribbling ability and creativity months before he joined.. Until I joined the long list of gullible fecks who got conned by that crazy psv fan and gave him a chance. Did not believe Adnan would amount to anything when he was doing well, said Welbeck is naff when he was Enjoying Rashford treatment on here, my list of credentials go on.

I makae mistakes but i have an 80% success ratio. Heed my advice when I am not messing.
Piss off!

You were dead serious on us signing Fellaini, Barry, Huddlestone and Parker.

dichinero

Can I make a prediction? we will be watching, and watching, and watching then another team comes in and signs him maybe Barcelona or Juventus. And he will become a great player.
Or he could just not move and be the new Gaitan?

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Piss off!

You were dead serious on us signing Fellaini, Barry, Huddlestone and Parker.
Dayum, I was reaching through my mind because I knew there were more... forgot about the latter two jokers. When you put these names side by side like that... That is a dreadful list :lol:

Bwuk

Dayum, I was reaching through my mind because I knew there were more... forgot about the latter two jokers. When you put these names side by side like that... That is a dreadful list :lol:
To be fair, I've always thought if someone with a strong manager had signed Huddleston when he was younger and got him fitter he could of ended up a similar type player to Carrick!

Devil may care

Kante is only 25, we need players in their prime IMO. Can't expect an 18 year old to perform consistently week in week out. We all know that too well with our current batch.
No argument there mate, although I don't think Kante is necessarily what we need, the stuff he does is what Schneiderlin did before he came here and shriveled. I think we need a player that can replace Carrick.

Adam-Utd

No argument there mate, although I don't think Kante is necessarily what we need, the stuff he does is what Schneiderlin did before he came here and shriveled. I think we need a player that can replace Carrick.
We won't need a Carrick if we play a quicker more expansive style. Carrick is only required for the slow tempo possession game, just like pirlo or Xavi. They would look massively out of place in the Leicester midfield, they need hard runners who can cover the ground as the team is so open. It works for them though, we could have schneiderlin and Sanches, both bombing forward getting all over the pitch. Aslong as they worked in a pair it would be fine.

dichinero

Agree. He is a fantastic player but not maybe the type we need. Some players are brilliant for certain tactics. If we are to bring in Kante, we need to bring a lot of high intensity players or he will just look odd and useless.

RedFish

Agree with that, an incisive distributor like Kroos/Rakitic would be perfect. More realistic someone like Lars Bender - fabulously effective player. What I think we lack is someone with the ability to change the pace of the game, to drive the team forward at the right times.

Devil may care

We won't need a Carrick if we play a quicker more expansive style. Carrick is only required for the slow tempo possession game, just like pirlo or Xavi. They would look massively out of place in the Leicester midfield, they need hard runners who can cover the ground as the team is so open. It works for them though, we could have schneiderlin and Sanches, both bombing forward getting all over the pitch. Aslong as they worked in a pair it would be fine.
I wouldn't want us to play like Leicester in truth, I like to have a cultured CM that can dictate play and orchestrate things from deep with a runner next to him. I think a pairing of Sanches and Schneiderlin would be incredibly limited, it would look how City look with Fernandinho and Fernando as Real Madrid passed circles around them, it would be similar, all bustle and no real quality..

Agree. He is a fantastic player but not maybe the type we need. Some players are brilliant for certain tactics. If we are to bring in Kante, we need to bring a lot of high intensity players or he will just look odd and useless.
If we are looking at Europe as well as and building longer term I think we need that cultured CM in there, it's an important cog in the top teams.

Devil may care

Agree with that, an incisive distributor like Kroos/Rakitic would be perfect. More realistic someone like Lars Bender - fabulously effective player. What I think we lack is someone with the ability to change the pace of the game, to drive the team forward at the right times.
It's amazing that we have bought 5 CM's since Fergie retired and we still feel 2 short of where we need to be, it's a hoodoo position for us.

bucky

That doesn't make any sense. Carrick is just at the end of his career. In what kind of team did he play, when he was younger?

Have you seen him play? He's a very similar to Schneiderlin at Southampton.

RedFish

That doesn't make any sense. Carrick is just at the end of his career. In what kind of team did he play, when he was younger?

Have you seen him play? He's a very similar to Schneiderlin at Southampton.
Schneiderlin at Southampton was an excellent player. I'd love to have that Morgan back :) He created far, far more chances in his time there and was just more dynamic overall. Hopefully that player will return next season.

Bender hasn't played much this season. Saw far more of him last season but saw enough to think he could flourish here.

Wayne's World

63 million pounds is the latest fee I have heard? :eek::eek:

That's crazy and from the few times I have seen of him (I also watched him get sent-off tonight) he doesn't seem like a top quality centre midfielder I think we could go out and do better but that's just me.

DarkXaero

How the hell did the transfer fee get so high all of a sudden? I thought it was reported that the fee had been agreed (max 60 million euros) and they were just negotiating on how much would be paid upfront and in bonuses.

Tarrou

How the hell did the transfer fee get so high all of a sudden? I thought it was reported that the fee had been agreed (max 60 million euros) and they were just negotiating on how much would be paid upfront and in bonuses.
I expect this figure is guesswork and the old figure was guesswork too. It's all just clickbaiting at the end of the day, I doubt anyone knows the potential fees aside from the two clubs and agents.

settembrini

Why are some comparing him with Kante? They're not similar players to me.
They're both box to box midfielders who can't pass that well but have fantastic energy and aggression. Kante is obviously much more experienced and his reading of the game and positioning is subsequently better and Sanches has more tricks and dribbling ability but they're pretty similar players who perform the same roles in their team.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
We're really lacking someone that can play it in behind defences - how good is his variation of passing?

Status
Not open for further replies.