Music Revival - Eminem Album | Also Kamikaze

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
What’s the line?
"Somebody tell Budden before I snap, he better fasten it
Or have his body baggage zipped
The closest thing he's had to hits is smackin' bitches"

I much prefer Joey as a rapper to Eminem, so I would love nothing more than a war of words between them. But I don't think it will happen, despite him hinting as much on Twitter.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Why didn't you make a new thread about this? I don't want to discuss Revival. I've been ignoring this thread the entire day and the guy's got a fecking new album out.

Oga on top.

Supports
Liverpool
He disses people to make himself relevant in the rap game. Without these random disses he wouldn't have any content. Boring.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
I’m sure the album has good bars, that’s the minimum expectation with Eminem.
But it’s tiring him dissing everyone who he doesn’t like for one reason for another.
The man is 40+, it reeks of “back in my day” and “social media is dumbing kids down”

Side note; Why is this in the revival thread??

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
So Kamikaze is basically how dare you question my ability, I'm better than any of these rappers taking up the hiphop space. Which is rather a trite sentiment, except that he's sort of just gone and proved it by dropping perhaps the best display of rapping since MM.

What's he been doing all these years then?

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Seems like he's got the fire in his belly back, good album.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
His best since he got Sober.

The ringer, lucky you and Kamakazi are my favourites so far.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
After a couple of listens, it's easily his best album in a long time.

Love the tracks with Joyner & Royce.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Think he's basically just calling out the guys who can't rap.
Nah, I checked. Tyler made some tweets about Eminem’s latest songs being awful. He’s firing back about how Tyler faked being gay for album sales and for criticising him in those tweets when he’s nowhere near Em’s level.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Nah, I checked. Tyler made some tweets about Eminem’s latest songs being awful. He’s firing back about how Tyler faked being gay for album sales and for criticising him in those tweets when he’s nowhere near Em’s level.
Did Tyler fake being gay? Because I can see that being the case.

MyOnlySolskjaer

So Kamikaze is basically how dare you question my ability, I'm better than any of these rappers taking up the hiphop space. Which is rather a trite sentiment, except that he's sort of just gone and proved it by dropping perhaps the best display of rapping since MM.

What's he been doing all these years then?
I saw it as a critique on the direction of the music right now. Quite similar to KoD from J. Cole, in the sense that they are using trap music beats but actually delivering a lyrical message rather than mumbling. Almost as if this album is a follow up from J Cole’s 1985 song.

Quite a few mimics e.g songs like Gucci gang, where he calls out not being able to relate. Of course though, he realised he got a lot of public scrutiny from his last album and this was the perfect response to show he’s still not only got the talent, but that he’s capable of being relevant. That “Revival didn’t go viral” - Humble gag was genius. Also a lot of disses to people throughout as old school Eminem would.

Overall, it’s the first time in a long time Eminem had a clear direction and point to prove in his album. I do fear where he goes from this now because part of his decline was due to his inability to stay relevant and rap about relevant things, which just led to corny lines which were nonsensical albeit the talent was always there.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Did Tyler fake being gay? Because I can see that being the case.
The first song leaked/released prior to the Flowerboy album was a song called I ain’t got time which had a line about him “kissing whiteboys since 2004.” Led to media speculating whether he was gay or not right until the official release of his album. Thought it was actually a great album but it was clear what he was trying to do. Tyler later backtracked on having a relationship with other males, just saying he was trying to be open-minded.

Eminem called him out on calling himself a “f*****”, saying he just craves attention and has no talent or grounds to criticise him.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Yeah well that's because he has a bus pass.

Red_Aaron

Back to basics and it works.
Great production, witty firery lyrics and he really shows off his skills and diversity. He can be pissy about revival all he likes but kamikaze is everything that wasn't and it's so much better for it

no pop-appeal filler tracks too making it a good tight run time.

First em album I can listen to all the way through and enjoy every song in a very long while.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I sort of moved on from the whole rap thing.... especially when I hear the likes of Drake and Nicky Minaj...:houllier:
Used to love Eminem back in the day though, skipped revival after the bad press, but think I may just give this my attention for the next few weeks on the way to work.

His disses on Ja Rule, Benzino and that guy from Wild n Out were great, so hope this lives up to expectation.

I've sort of moved on to Bon Jovi, Green day etc (Ya know, that stuff when I was about 15-20, which was rock, so also instantly thought was goth music, so avoided at all cost :nervous:)

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Saw him last year at Reading Festival and he was exceptional. He's definitely still got it and this album confirms that. I actually liked Revival too though, don't get all the hate for it.

lsd

The Oracle
Age is nothing but a number. Our outlook on life is shaped by our individual experiences. Em is on his journey and its nothing like yours.

I really don't get how anyone can judge music on the person's age , really makes no sense .

It's like saying LiL Pump is a better rapper than Kendrick or J Cole as he is younger

Loublaze

ATLien
I really don't get how anyone can judge music on the person's age , really makes no sense .

It's like saying LiL Pump is a better rapper than Kendrick or J Cole as he is younger
This. Makes no sense whatsoever.