Music Revival - Eminem Album | Also Kamikaze

lsd

The Oracle
Well, I actually have no clue who most of those guys you named are but Drake?! Come on, man! That's crazy, he doesn't even write his own stuff does he?

But yeah, like you said, it's all subjective. If the youngsters are massively into all these new rappers then I guess it is all round good music and I'm the outlier.

Still man.. Drake? fecking Drake? :lol:

Also, isn't Post Malone that dude who uses autotune on a techno beat basically?

Oh well, one for the "things that make you feel old" thread I guess.
Yeah if you are putting Post Malone as a rapper then you probably lost .

Travis Scott is the one whose popularity gets me . I mean I actually like him but he is ripping off Asap Rocky so much it's unreal . How does he sell more than the guy he is copying ?

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Well, I actually have no clue who most of those guys you named are but Drake?! Come on, man! That's crazy, he doesn't even write his own stuff does he?

But yeah, like you said, it's all subjective. If the youngsters are massively into all these new rappers then I guess it is all round good music and I'm the outlier.

He did say all round music. But agree Drake, Post Malone and Future are questionable choices to say the least lol . But he did mention a lot of good artists too.

Utdstar01

Yeah if you are putting Post Malone as a rapper then you probably lost .

Travis Scott is the one whose popularity gets me . I mean I actually like him but he is ripping off Asap Rocky so much it's unreal . How does he sell more than the guy he is copying ?
Basically because he's with one of the Kardashians.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Yeah I still think he makes better music than Eminem. It’s catchy you can’t deny that. Some of the songs on his last album were good, not sure why that’s so crazy.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Eminem responded, or so I've heard. But I can't find it anywhere?

Edit:

I am not a smart man.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
First response:
If we're being real it's a slight waste of time. Not a bad song by any means but doesn't do any damage to Eminem whatsoever. He can just ignore this and no harm has been done.

Just hoping Joey does something worthwhile, that would be amazing.

JB08

:nervous: Ok, that was awful. Couldn't even finish it. Cringe meter went through the roof.
It's just this song, from a few years back. Not a MGK diss.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Well like I said in terms of making actually all round good music.

Kendrick, Anderson Paak, Kanye, Isaiah Rashad, Brockhampton, Childish Gambino, Run The Jewels, Tyler The Creator, Young Thug, Travis Scott, Saba, Bas, Cudi, J Cole, Drake, Earl Sweatshirt, JID, Earthgang, Post Malone, Mick Jenkins, Flatbush Zombies, MF DOOM, Goldlink, 6LACK, Future and Chance to name off the top of my head. These all come out with music I would personally listen to ahead of Eminem, but I'm fully aware music is subjective and I can imagine people picking one or two out of this list and saying they're shite but that's not the point.
At the moment, I would agree with a few from your list - including Kendrick Lamar, Anderson Paak, Childish Gambino, Run The Jewels and maybe Future and Chance. Don't really rate any of the others.

However, none of them, not even Kendrick, have come close to peak Eminem level in his early days for me. Those songs are just so fecking good, absolute classics for me. Might be nostalgia speaking though. The Eminem Show is my favourite album ever probably.

In terms of live performances, I've seen Kendrick twice this summer - his own show was fecking brilliant and he was wank at the festivals. Anderson Paak is very good as well. Tyler The Creater was okay-ish. The times I've seen Eminem he's been either very good or very bad, but the stuff they were performing during their Up In The Smoke tours around 2001 is a level of performances/rap that will not be reached by any of the rappers you mentioned (in my opinion of course, but I adored Eminem around that time).

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Never knew about MGK before that track, and I have to be honest and say I think it's very good. Quite funny and clever too IMO.

JB08

Controversial as always.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
One of the best beats on the album.

AshRK

Nice album. Really like the beats for fall. No matter what people Em will always be my favourite. His peak is unmatchable.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Just asked a mate if this was any good and his reply was....

Yeah I checked it out mate. It's decent enough but just a bit cringe listening to some old cnut like us flowing flowing like a 20 year old with teenage angst. Then again guess he's hardly gonna rap about 40 year old problems...
my knees go weak
it's help i seek
can't walk down to the basement
need a hip replacement

...Just freestyled...lol
:lol: he's got a point

lsd

The Oracle
Have people seen 6ix9ine trying to respond to Eminem but not get past two lines without getting lost ?

It's even worse than MGKS effort .

If you are not built on lyrics why on earth would you even try and go at someone like Eminem ? Just be glad he mentioned you take the loss and move on

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Loving the album. Stand outs for me are:

The Ringer
Greatest
Kamikaze
Fall
Good Guy
Stepping Stone

But to be honest, enjoyed most of the tracks. Except Nice Guy, that one is shite... Don't diss me Em!

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Have people seen 6ix9ine trying to respond to Eminem but not get past two lines without getting lost ?

It's even worse than MGKS effort .

If you are not built on lyrics why on earth would you even try and go at someone like Eminem ? Just be glad he mentioned you take the loss and move on
He was joking though. He does this trolling stuff a lot.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Well like I said in terms of making actually all round good music.

Kendrick, Anderson Paak, Kanye, Isaiah Rashad, Brockhampton, Childish Gambino, Run The Jewels, Tyler The Creator, Young Thug, Travis Scott, Saba, Bas, Cudi, J Cole, Drake, Earl Sweatshirt, JID, Earthgang, Post Malone, Mick Jenkins, Flatbush Zombies, MF DOOM, Goldlink, 6LACK, Future and Chance to name off the top of my head. These all come out with music I would personally listen to ahead of Eminem, but I'm fully aware music is subjective and I can imagine people picking one or two out of this list and saying they're shite but that's not the point.
Don't you like Logic?

A lot of mediocrity in that group from my view but that's neither here nor there.

Last edited:

lsd

The Oracle
Nah not really.

Logic tends to just rip off whatever is hot at that time . His last album was like a Kendrick cast offs album and if he talks about being bi racial any more :rolleyes:

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I don't mind Kelly but he's playing with fire big time. Hope Em destroys him.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I doubt Eminem responds to MGK.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool

This is certainly also a fake, it's a better effort that the last one, and MGK's reply record :lol: I laughed anyway.

JB08

Killshot is good but I can't even begin to take the 'beef' seriously. I think both are profiting, MGK in the form of increased exposure and Eminem being able to remind people of what he's capable of. It doesn't seem anywhere is near the same level of any of the genuine hip hop feuds we've had.