Music Revival - Eminem Album | Also Kamikaze

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Boring diss I thought if you are going to spend a whole song dissing one person you need to make it a lot more interesting than that
And then the autotune, on the whole I thought it's not that good tbh.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Yep, dissing someone using autotune is just sad. I guess that's the way these clowns rap nowadays.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Only Budden can do anything worthwhile. MGK did okay and least picked a beat better than anything Eminem can pick :lol: but meh, pretty mediocre.

Eminem is in an interesting position. He even said it himself if he replies to anyone it’s a lose lose for him.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
First response:
Who is this guy? Eminem shouldn't have even bothered giving him the bars he did, a simple f you like Pac did to Chino XL would have been enough to finish this guy.

R'hllor

Diss being bad or decent and maybe i did catch it wrong but it looks like this one complains about old lions not throwing him some meat just because.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Diss being bad or decent and maybe i did catch it wrong but it looks like this one complains about old lions not throwing him some meat just because.
When MGK calls himself the reign to the Eminem throne you know rap has gone bad. :lol:

R'hllor

When MGK calls himself the reign to the Eminem throne you know rap has gone bad. :lol:
I dont know man, whole track is a bit off, start for example makes no sense to be a diss, weird beard, having a go at him for having security, i mean yea, playing dumb as why, so he could turn it into diss. Then making out like Eminem cant take a joke of him calling his 16 year old daughter hot, thats not a joke, it is what it is.

But yea, some parts he sounds like he blames others for not being where he think he should be, like there is only this one path in this age. For example, regardless what people think about NF, i dont mind a guy, he is growing slowly, doing his thing, not big at all, he doesnt qq about it etc.

BootsyCollins

I loved this album. Ems lyrics is on point, and the technique is on another level imo.
Love that he trows some shots at other rappers too. Would be nice if invited more skilled rappers though. Only Budden can respond with some sort of meaning(MGK was okey, but nothing more).

The hook for greatest is so similar to another song i cant remember. A Yelawolf song i think. Anybody knows?

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
The Ringer is phenomenal. I like the title track as a fun little tune, and Good Guy as an old school vibe too, but The Ringer is the one.

Last edited:

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Sounds like Eminem of old - Fall, The Ringer & The Greatest stand out for me from the first listen

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
I love the way in Kamikaze it sounds like he's saying "FECK" all the way through the chorus :D

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Some of the songs are cool but he does still sound extremely whiny and his message just seems to basically be "All these new rappers are terrible and I'm angry Revival bombed".

Castia

Some of the songs are cool but he does still sound extremely whiny and his message just seems to basically be "All these new rappers are terrible and I'm angry Revival bombed".
Still better than 90% of rappers singing about drugs, money and ho’s though :/

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Still better than 90% of rappers singing about drugs, money and ho’s though :/
Well that's not hard, but I'd say there are easily 20 rappers better than Eminem these days. At least in terms of all-round talent and song-making, not just pure rapping ability.

Castia

Well that's not hard, but I'd say there are easily 20 rappers better than Eminem these days. At least in terms of all-round talent and song-making, not just pure rapping ability.

There probably is, I know little about rap if I’m honest outside of a few like Eminem, Kanye and a bit of Jay Z.

I just can’t relate to the music, it’s all gangster shit that doesn’t interest me. Lyrics about getting high, dissing other rappers or talking about ho’s.....meh I’m 32 and feel too old for that stupid shit.

I will say the newest stuff is awful though, all the lil rappers and SixNine etc is fecking crap. Then you have the uk grime stuff....again I don’t know how anybody listens to that but maybe I’m just an old moaning cnut.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
There probably is, I know little about rap if I’m honest outside of a few like Eminem, Kanye and a bit of Jay.

I just can’t relate to the music, it’s all gangster shit that doesn’t interest me. Singing about getting high, dissing other rappers or talking about ho’s.....meh I’m 32 and feel too old for that stupid shit.
Yeah I know, but there's plenty of rappers who don't sing about that. Kendrick is probably the most famous of them.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
There probably is, I know little about rap if I’m honest outside of a few like Eminem, Kanye and a bit of Jay Z.

I just can’t relate to the music, it’s all gangster shit that doesn’t interest me. Lyrics about getting high, dissing other rappers or talking about ho’s.....meh I’m 32 and feel too old for that stupid shit.

I will say the newest stuff is awful though, all the lil rappers and SixNine etc is fecking crap. Then you have the uk grime stuff....again I don’t know how anybody listens to that but maybe I’m just an old moaning cnut.
Tbh most of them suck apart for a select few, says a lot when 40 year old Eminem is still making better records.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Bit rich to hear the man who helped bring 50 Cent to the world complain about moden rappers being shite and one dimensional.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Tbh most of them suck apart for a select few, says a lot when 40 year old Eminem is still making better records.
Very easy to ignore the Lil' rappers with fluorescent hair and face tats though and find genuinely talented artists out there. Plenty of them.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I’ll give him a listen
He's my favourite artist of all time. Good Kid Maad City is a classic about his rough upbringing in a violent neighbourhood and being influenced by people. It's obviously not squeaky clean but it doesn't have a stupid amount of references to drugs and women. Also he only actually swears once on that album :lol:

"Will Smith don't gotta cuss in his raps to sell records."

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero

Keep in mind, that not all rap targets the same audience. Some tracks are made for night clubs, strip clubs, getting high to, doing other drugs to, or inspiring success. Therefore, the content is going to be tailored differently. I will say that lyrical technique is on a downward trend as what sells nowadays are songs that "bang". Sometimes, you get a good mix of both.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Very easy to ignore the Lil' rappers with fluorescent hair and face tats though and find genuinely talented artists out there. Plenty of them.
Yeah I agree they are still out there but there are a lot less of them. Maybe I'm judging them too harshly as I compare them to the older rappers I grew up listening to.

Vato

Supports
Real Madrid
What?! I'm not following rap as close as I used to but that sounds extremely exaggerated to me.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yeah I agree they are still out there but there are a lot less of them. Maybe I'm judging them too harshly as I compare them to the older rappers I grew up listening to.
Could be that. I'm pretty deep in it reading about news and listening to new stuff almost daily so I try to be aware of who is around. I think people like Eminem, Nas, Jay-Z were rgeat but it's past their time now. There's a different style now that they just can't break into because it's not their time any more.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
What?! I'm not following rap as close as I used to but that sounds like extremely exaggerated to me.
Well like I said in terms of making actually all round good music.

Kendrick, Anderson Paak, Kanye, Isaiah Rashad, Brockhampton, Childish Gambino, Run The Jewels, Tyler The Creator, Young Thug, Travis Scott, Saba, Bas, Cudi, J Cole, Drake, Earl Sweatshirt, JID, Earthgang, Post Malone, Mick Jenkins, Flatbush Zombies, MF DOOM, Goldlink, 6LACK, Future and Chance to name off the top of my head. These all come out with music I would personally listen to ahead of Eminem, but I'm fully aware music is subjective and I can imagine people picking one or two out of this list and saying they're shite but that's not the point.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Could be that. I'm pretty deep in it reading about news and listening to new stuff almost daily so I try to be aware of who is around. I think people like Eminem, Nas, Jay-Z were rgeat but it's past their time now. There's a different style now that they just can't break into because it's not their time any more.
Yeah could be, but saying that Jay Z's last record was one of his best imo and Eminem and Nas still put out good albums. I agree there's a new sound, but I'm not particularly fond of it. Maybe the genre has changed so much that modern rap may just not be my taste anymore. Saying that I've got a lot of time for Kendrick, Cole etc but even they have been around for almost a decade now.

Vato

Supports
Real Madrid
Well like I said in terms of making actually all round good music.

Kendrick, Anderson Paak, Kanye, Isaiah Rashad, Brockhampton, Childish Gambino, Run The Jewels, Tyler The Creator, Young Thug, Travis Scott, Saba, Bas, Cudi, J Cole, Drake, Earl Sweatshirt, JID, Earthgang, Post Malone, Mick Jenkins, Flatbush Zombies, MF DOOM, Goldlink, 6LACK, Future and Chance to name off the top of my head. These all come out with music I would personally listen to ahead of Eminem, but I'm fully aware music is subjective and I can imagine people picking one or two out of this list and saying they're shite but that's not the point.
Well, I actually have no clue who most of those guys you named are but Drake?! Come on, man! That's crazy, he doesn't even write his own stuff does he?

But yeah, like you said, it's all subjective. If the youngsters are massively into all these new rappers then I guess it is all round good music and I'm the outlier.

Still man.. Drake? fecking Drake? :lol:

Also, isn't Post Malone that dude who uses autotune on a techno beat basically?

Oh well, one for the "things that make you feel old" thread I guess.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The video for ‘Fall’ is out.