Rice Mount Kane

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Just curious. I'd be quite happy with that, even though I'm more in the camp of going for Ferguson rather than Kane, and I'm not sold on Mount. I do very much like Rice though, and people worrying about defense could relax a bit as he can hack that well. Could come in for Varane when the latter is struggling with injuries.

I'm also hoping for a GK who is brought in to fight for the #1 spot.

But all three would be quite something I think on top of getting rid of plenty of players who don't belong at United.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I mean it’s obviously a brilliant window. If the aim is then to fund a GK, CB and young striker from Henderson, Maguire, Telles, Bailly, Fred, Mctominay, Martial and Elanga money then it’s a perfect window. I do get the impression that we have far more money to spend than the “United can’t buy due to FFP” media are letting on. ETH seems a pretty hard taskmaster and seems to be demanding a lot.

CM

None of them are bad players individually but I wouldn't be overly enthused. We'd have to pay a huge premium on the transfer fee for each one relative to the value they'd have for this team and/or their current contract situations. I'm also not entirely convinced Rice and Mount are that compatible with us - I'd be looking for a bit more control in midfield than either of them could provide, though it doesn't seem as though Ten Hag is as concerned about that particular trait.

We'd still be missing quality in a couple more key positions so I'd be reluctant to see this happen. It'd feel very lazy and unimaginative to sign those 3 and expect everything to sort itself out.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Please God no, let's not sign the most slappable faces in the league. All we'd need is Phil Foden to complete the set

Wheato

That would be a smashing window. Bruno and Casemiro should not be expected to play 60 games a season, it is impossible. De Bruyne gets loads of nights off and they stick Gundogan in there and you barely see any difference. Mount can play that number 10 role, and he can play off both wings as well. He scores and provides assists. He'd be a great signing. Rice in CDM or as a box to box, number 8. He also gives Casemiro a night of, but alongside him it would be a formidable midfield. They both love a tackle, they can break the line, have great distribution and can score goals.

Then up top, you'd have a guaranteed 30 goal a season striker. He can also play others in, holds the ball up well, links up play, wins fouls, dangerous in the air. He is the missing piece that makes everything tick. You will see the likes of Sancho getting 15 assists, because he has a proper striker to aim for. And they all know each other from England duty. They won't need time to bed in.

If we managed to bag these 3 in one transfer window, then we are serious contenders.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
That would be a smashing window. Bruno and Casemiro should not be expected to play 60 games a season, it is impossible. De Bruyne gets loads of nights off and they stick Gundogan in there and you barely see any difference. Mount can play that number 10 role, and he can play off both wings as well. He scores and provides assists. He'd be a great signing. Rice in CDM or as a box to box, number 8. He also gives Casemiro a night of, but alongside him it would be a formidable midfield. They both love a tackle, they can break the line, have great distribution and can score goals.

Then up top, you'd have a guaranteed 30 goal a season striker. He can also play others in, holds the ball up well, links up play, wins fouls, dangerous in the air. He is the missing piece that makes everything tick. You will see the likes of Sancho getting 15 assists, because he has a proper striker to aim for. And they all know each other from England duty. They won't need time to bed in.

If we managed to bag these 3 in one transfer window, then we are serious contenders.
:D
Glad im not the only one loving this Window

croadyman

Mount is our potential trump card with that friendship with Rice,however it still may not beat the opportunity to stay in London and join Arsenal

RedCurry

We still need at least one CB more but otherwise our squad will be in good shape for next season.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
We'll be priced out of Kane, rice I don't actually believe we are interested in and don't see the logic in that signing in the slightest for ten hag, mount will be a good signing. I wouldn't be that happy if that was our window though. Would prefer a goalkeeper like Costa instead of rice, and think a guy like Hojlund probably ends up being a smarter signing towards and develops by the time we are ready for the next title challenge anyway (not sooner than 24/25).
If we aren't challenging by the season after next ETH will be looking for a new job

Tarrou

It would be great but I really can’t see us getting Rice and Mount

Mount and Rabiot seems much more likely with Rice going to Arsenal

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
If we aren't challenging by the season after next ETH will be looking for a new job
Not at all. He will keep his job as long as we show growth, continues to stay in the CL, and continues a feel good atmosphere at the club. He won't get sacked for not challenging by a certain time if we are still showing growth but are just competing with a high 90's Pep team.

dinostar77

Id say 0% chance we pull off all three. Rice wants Arsenal and Spurs refuse to even discuss a transfer for kane.

aeh1991

If we sign all three (or alternatively Caicedo instead of Rice), I'd only add Kim and maybe try the luck to get Hojlund for cheap (a trade with Amad?) and we really do have a title challenging squad. I'd only miss a good GK and a playmaker. But maybe we can go for them in winter. I'd only sign one of Mount or Rabiot as both seem to have the "no.8 without playmaking qualities" aspect.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
It means that we should just fire our scouting department because it's pointless if we are going to sign some known names, but we already knew that.

Tarrou

It means that we should just fire our scouting department because it's pointless if we are going to sign some known names, but we already knew that.
why would it be pointless? we go for top players and also scout unknown players as all big clubs do

Son

I’m siding with:

Mount, Caisedo plus Kolo Muani and Hojilund (two younger strikers instead of Kane’s huge price)

I think if we are building a dynasty buying players who are more dynamic makes sense for the future.

Kane on a free if one of the younger strikers doesn’t work out next season for a quick fix.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
That's how every big club operates, they sign known players from top leagues and takes few risks. When they see a potentially unmissable player, they take bigger risk.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Far too English, the caf would literally break every time we had a bad game

Mike Smalling

English players are overrated and overpriced by default. Except Kane. He is pretty good.

IncyWincySpider

It would be a magnificent window but I can't see it happening. Maybe Mount plus one of the other two but not all three.

Lyng

It would be a decent window and would pretty much guarantee us second place. If we want to beat City we need more than that though. Rice, Mount, Kane, Costa, Højlund, Jae / Pavard and we can give them a proper challenge.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Still think Rice would be a better bet than Mount - more engine, more box-to-box. If the sheikh takes over let's have both plus Osimhen next to Kane! :)

InfiniteBoredom

Kane is the only one out of the 3 who we should go for given our needs and the dearth of quality in the market for the position. For £130-150m, I refuse to believe that we can’t do better than Rice + Mount.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Really doubt Levy will let Kane leave to Man Utd. He would rather take the hit.

Kane would have to be willing to go to war. And he seems to professional to do that.

RepardReece

Kane 100%, I'd take Rice and Mount for like 40mill topps each. Anything more would not be clever

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Mount Makes me sure Kane is coming.

Kane can play in the 2 inverted forwards and the CM/CAM who makes runs in behind the defender.

Red Rash

That would make a very good window considering Kane is a top 5 striker in world football and other than Casemiro and sometimes Eriksen we don't have the players to control a midfield.

A ball playing GK would also be nice but if we stick with DDG I can live with that. I also don't see a huge need for a CB since we have Varane, Martinez, Lindelof and Shaw who can fill in nicely. Obviously Varane is quite injury prone but as long as Lindelof stays fit we can still have a decent CB pairing.