Rice Mount Kane

Marcelinho87

If Maguire, Jones, Elanga, Greenwood, Butland etc are leaving then we need to replace the English leavers due to rules and regs and the 3 mentioned would be obvious upgrades on the outs.

mikeyt

These three improve our depth but still someway short of City.

I'd sooner leave Mount, sign Rabiot on a free and get a new GK though.

Andersons Dietician

It’s weird, I look at those names and it doesn’t bring any excitement even though I know they’d massively improve the squad if we got all 3. They are kinda like shopping at IKEA. Functional.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
As inspiring as ole brexit season

The-Mezzala

I just hope they will be better value for money than the last Brexit transfers... Sancho, AWB and Maguire havent exactly been great value for money so far.
why I am trying to stay away from British players. Kane is the only one I would take. Better value in the market elsewhere than Rice and Mount

The-Mezzala

Add in Costa and Kim Min-Jae and we are cooking with gas
Costa is 2nd priority for me. Think the importance of having a sweeper keeper in modern football especially the way Ten Hag wants to play is crucial to pushing on.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I wonder if we are targeting these 3 maybe because we have been bought by Qatar and have decided to avoid the PSG route of buying flashy new foreign toys first.

Buy the best English players available to the core and then add the flashy players in our weaker positions්‍.

pacifictheme

Was listening to the totally football podcast the other day and they were saying rice doesn't really play as a sitting midfielder anymore, he's much more dynamic and plays a bit further forwards. Would be a really great addition if true I think to play with and even cover casemiro. Two players in one really.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I am not sure if Rice is the best option out there, I will keep repeating we should go all in for Caicedo even if we can't afford Mount I think we can find an alternative. But even with those 3 I'd be very happy.
Mount is the biggest question mark for me and it's weird we're going for him first.

Siorac

Kane would substantially improve the first team, the other two would be good squad players. So it's not a bad window but it isn't very exciting either. They would cost a massive amount of money without really bridging the gap to City because they wouldn't improve the overall quality of our football. Or at least not significantly.

UpWithRivers

People are smoking crack if they think we will sign Rice for 90/100 mill and Mount 50/60 mill as bench players. Yes even squad players will get game time and yada yada yada but they are still bench players. Come to a big game or semi final and they will sit on the bench. Thats a bench player. Not first choice. And Rice and Mount will not do that. And yes City have good expensive bench players but when you win titles repeatedly and have oil money you can do that. Rice and Mount in means Casemiro and Eriksen out. Better? Certainly younger.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I would have preferred a different profile of midfielder but objectively speaking - that would be a brilliant window. Don’t see it happening tbh. Arsenal will probably get Rice and Kane will find it hard to move. And ffp is an issue too.

We also still need a new GK.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
why would it be pointless? we go for top players and also scout unknown players as all big clubs do
And we have bought how many unknown players who turned out to be good prospects and players?

izec

Don’t want any of these guys ideally. I have this fear that the Kane could turn out a bit like the Sanchez signing for us, and he’s going to cost quite a bit. Would much prefer a younger striker but nobody gets Kane’s numbers.

Rice I think is a solid player, but wildly overpriced by West Ham. Caicedo would be a better signing for us but we’ve not been linked with him at all.

I’ve always thought Mount was an ok player, surprised we’ve gone for him. If we can get him around £40mil I think it could be a clever bit of business
I agree on this.

Tarrou

And we have bought how many unknown players who turned out to be good prospects and players?
in the current first team squad we have Garnacho, Dalot and Malacia with Amad and Hannibal looking close to stepping up

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
in the current first team squad we have Garnacho, Dalot and Malacia with Amad and Hannibal looking close to stepping up
How many players did other big clubs sign? Only club I can think of who did good job at this is Bayern, signing few players on cheap and unknowns.

Rest all big clubs sign obvious players, only difference is they get it done at decent price.

Brightonian

Kane's my first choice striker signing. And that's the most important position. So I'd take this very happily.

I think we can get more suitable signings than Rice for half the money. But if we have the money to spend, then fine - there's no arguing with Rice's qualities and with him and Casemiro we'd have a really solid CM for the big games.

I've always thought Mount was a really, really average footballer. I'd take him as a DVB upgrade for £30m or so (which is what we should be paying for an outcast who has asked to leave). Any more than that, there are free transfers or academy promotions that would be more worthwhile.

poleglass red

it's that age old debate though, is a croissant, bread or pastry. Once Eric figures that out, the correct signings will follow.

Adamsk7

I think people really undersell how good Kane is. It would be like the year we added Van Persie. If Kane was in our squad this season we would have finished 10-12 points higher than we did, which means we would have challenged for the title.

Mount is a brilliant squad option, allows us to play many different ways, British quota.

The one I wouldn’t want is weirdly Rice. I appreciate his qualities but he’d be the most expensive of the three and arguably would have the least impact. I’d much rather we looked around Europe for a more technical player in that position.

croadyman

I think people really undersell how good Kane is. It would be like the year we added Van Persie. If Kane was in our squad this season we would have finished 10-12 points higher than we did, which means we would have challenged for the title.

Mount is a brilliant squad option, allows us to play many different ways, British quota.

The one I wouldn’t want is weirdly Rice. I appreciate his qualities but he’d be the most expensive of the three and arguably would have the least impact. I’d much rather we looked around Europe for a more technical player in that position.
I don’t think we are looking at signing a technical midfield playmaker this summer,however could still move for a Rabiot or a pure number 6 to cover Casa when we have sold a couple.

Lecland07

Imagine the meltdown on here if we only signed English players...

Mount - Good player; great presser and will be much better than people think.
Kane - World class; best striker around outside of Haaland.
Rice - Very good midfielder

Dazzmondo

Amazing even though I'd still be a bit puzzled by our decision to go for Mount when there are other players like Kim, Frimpong and Raya who would improve us more imo. That being said Kane and Rice would be my dream signings so can't complain

el3mel

I doubt we have enough money for all this. Spurs aren't letting Kane leave for less than 100m.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
None of them are first choice players yet, altough Garnacho is good shout in general considering he wasn't well known, and didn't cost a lot. Amad cost us a lot for his years and lack of experience, so obviously he wasn't some scouting discovery, but rather already top young player who was chased by many clubs, but judging how much he cost he hasn't shown anything for us yet(I am not doubting him btw, just saying that so far he hasn't proved anything).

Lisandro Martinez is the type of transfer I am talking about, and we had about 2 of those transfers in the last ten years despite spending enormous amount of money. But then I am quite sure Lisandro too was recommendation from Ten Hag more than from our scouts.

lex talionis

Imagine the meltdown on here if we only signed English players...

Mount - Good player; great presser and will be much better than people think.
Kane - World class; best striker around outside of Haaland.
Rice - Very good midfielder
I don't see a meltdown here should this come to pass.

On an individual basis, we could do better than Mount, realistically can't do better than Kane (although questions about his age are not daft) and maybe could do better than Rice (Caicedo), but backing the zoom lens out if what we did and only did were these three, that's a very decent summer transfer window for us, putting us in a position to finally put in a proper title challenge.

We could still do with a backup CB, but this thread is about Rice Mount Kane so I'll leave it at that.

AndySmith1990

I'd be happy with the three if them. Very much doubt we'd be able to afford all three however

Prodigal7

It would get us 2nd at best. The reality is to win the league you need 2 world/top class 11s and those three players won't do it.
I see Kane and Rice as world class players tbh and Mount as a really good squad option. It would be a solid window and consolidate top four at least. Given where we were last season I’d be willing to wait another summer transfer window after this one in order to add more to then challenge for the league.

Tarrou

None of them are first choice players yet, altough Garnacho is good shout in general considering he wasn't well known, and didn't cost a lot. Amad cost us a lot for his years and lack of experience, so obviously he wasn't some scouting discovery, but rather already top young player who was chased by many clubs, but judging how much he cost he hasn't shown anything for us yet(I am not doubting him btw, just saying that so far he hasn't proved anything).

Lisandro Martinez is the type of transfer I am talking about, and we had about 2 of those transfers in the last ten years despite spending enormous amount of money. But then I am quite sure Lisandro too was recommendation from Ten Hag more than from our scouts.
this is besides the point though

no team can fill their entire quad with buys like Kane and Rice

the squad needs to be filled with some youth players and cheap finds from the scouts, as it’s simply not affordable to do it any other way

so going back to your original comment it’s nonsensical to fire the scouting staff just because we want to buy a couple of high profile players