Richard Keys: The Ramblings of a Madman

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Not totally? He literally name dropped him :lol:
Oh yeah, I meant without knowing what Agbonlahor had said on Talksport, Keys' tweet looks like he's gone after Agbonlahor for no reason.

Seems like a few places are reporting the tweets and not what Agbonlahor said first. I initially thought it was unprovoked, which doesn't seem off-brand for Richard Keys.

Chief123

It’s so weird seeing Gabby and Simon Jordan constantly rip into each other on the same talk show, often when the other one isn’t around.

phelans shorts

Oh yeah once in studio he was awful. I mean in pure voice, adding something to a game terms, Gray was miles ahead of them all. He had a good ability to make a dour 1-0 seem way more entertaining and consequential than it was.
I think he’s definitely helped by a number of factors, from nostalgia, to his tenure bringing lots of tight games (because of the length of time) but also I think he’s remembered much fonder because of the general state of football/tech then vs now. At that stage football wasn’t as priced out of the ‘common man’ as it is now, mix that and the less gentrified way of the game with the improvements in microphones meaning that crowds were so much louder to the home viewer and it feels like he was involved with so many bigger moments.

Crowds nowadays are often totally drowned out in production to make the commentary sharper and I do think that plays a massive part in even good commentators feeling separated fro the game. This became a bit of a mindless spewing of words but I think it’s semi coherent?

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Oh yeah once in studio he was awful. I mean in pure voice, adding something to a game terms, Gray was miles ahead of them all. He had a good ability to make a dour 1-0 seem way more entertaining and consequential than it was.

He wasn't that bad

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Epic comeback from Gabby Agbonlahor.

What prompted the seemingly random attack on Agbonlahor? :lol: He’s not entirely wrong mind you.
Probably shite like this

https://www.talksport.com/football/...ransfer-frenkie-de-jong-gabby-agbonlahor/amp/
‘You’d choose Chelsea over Manchester United – they’ve got problems!’
Richard Keys called Jesse Lingard "bang ordinary" and criticised the move to Forest, so Gabby responded with the below on Talksport.

So, not totally unprovoked, but still very petty.
Agbonlahor is a twat.

cj_sparky

It’s so weird seeing Gabby and Simon Jordan constantly rip into each other on the same talk show, often when the other one isn’t around.
The other week when Simon Jordan replied to Agbonlahor and said "2+3 to Gabby equals yellow" :lol:

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Always thought Keys was a knob - pretty much from day one of Super Sunday. And "was" is the right word: total irrelevance these days

OverratedOpinion

Always thought Keys was a knob - pretty much from day one of Super Sunday. And "was" is the right word: total irrelevance these days
Amazing how some people stumble into a position where they make millions with no talent whatsoever.

At least he showed his true colours and fecked it up so we don't have to see him on Sky anymore.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Agbonlahor might be stupid and have daft views but he hasn't actually done anything bad has he? He's spot on that Keys has behaved piss poor morally and done stuff that should have seen him removed from broadcasting entirely.

Devil81

Can't stand Agbonlahor but he had every right to rip into Keys there.

It was a well written piece as well.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
I can’t believe how much Keys and Gray have let themselves go since moving to the oily lands. They both look fecking pregnant when they’re not sat at a studio desk.

I‘m amazed there’s people out there that actually long for them back as part of the good old days. I just rolled my eyes at them most of the time.
Let’s be fair, that was a golden era for a number of reasons.

Gray was the kind of fella that needed to be number 1. Keys let him be. Gray had the voice and was actually a great co-commentator. He knew football and commanded respect for a time.

They (in typical old man style) aged out and instead of looking internally, blamed the world for changing around them.

We should all miss aspects of that time though, without being rose tinted or misty eyed about it. It was far less sensationalist, analysis definitely had narrative attached, but explanations were fuller.

The likes of Henry and Micah stealing a living because of noises they make or what their face does while they trot out shite…. Yuk.

All this not to say that we have some really great panels at the moment. It’s nothing like merit based though. Ferdinand, Keane, Henry, Richards, Scholes, Hargreaves, Owen, could all do good football chat shows. Shoehorning them into halftime and post match analysis is an exercise in revenue generation, not education.

Also : Fcuk 2022 Richard Keys he is a Cnut. 2022 Andy Gray is also a whopper.

UnrelatedPsuedo

The other week when Simon Jordan replied to Agbonlahor and said "2+3 to Gabby equals yellow" :lol:
Let’s be honest, Simon Jordan probably thinks the answer to that equation is ‘Pencil’.

He is among the dumbest people on radio. He also has the thinnest of skin. Talksport has some absolute whoppers on it. Glendenning and Rushden are sacred cows as they don’t think they’re special and understand that they’re outsiders.

Jordan, Cundy, Mills, Murphy, Agbonlahor et Al…. Dumb people tasked to unknowingly have stupid opinions that can be clipped for Twitter, generate noise and push back, for the purposes of advertising. None of them have anything to say that’s worth listening to, 90% of the time.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
Let’s be honest, Simon Jordan probably thinks the answer to that equation is ‘Pencil’.

He is among the dumbest people on radio. He also has the thinnest of skin. Talksport has some absolute whoppers on it. Glendenning and Rushden are sacred cows as they don’t think they’re special and understand that they’re outsiders.

Jordan, Cundy, Mills, Murphy, Agbonlahor et Al…. Dumb people tasked to unknowingly have stupid opinions that can be clipped for Twitter, generate noise and push back, for the purposes of advertising. None of them have anything to say that’s worth listening to, 90% of the time.
Totally agree re Jordan, he's an idiot.

UnrelatedPsuedo

Totally agree re Jordan, he's an idiot.
He has AlanSugarSyndrome. One good business idea that made him packets has convinced him that he’s smart. Neither are. They were razor sharp knowledgeable opportunists for a tiny fraction of their lives.

That leaves sufferers of the syndrome with an overinflated ego and a mad sense of self importance.

also see : ElonMuskSyndrome - Being right a few too many times in a row convincing you that you’re a god.

Fully willing to appreciate and admire Jordan, Sugar and Musks successes. But they’re not special humans in any way, shape or form.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
A friend of mine has actually worked in the studio with Keys, and told me he has the biggest ego of anyone he has ever met, and he has met a lot of top people within football circles.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Keys was always a scrote. I still miss Gray. He was brilliant. Him getting booted out (rightly so) definitely made the PL product change. Don't like it as much now. Maybe that's just circumstantial.

mu4c_20le

Agbonlahor might be stupid and have daft views but he hasn't actually done anything bad has he? He's spot on that Keys has behaved piss poor morally and done stuff that should have seen him removed from broadcasting entirely.
Well, yeah, but he resorted to those cheap shots after starting the whole thing by randomly trash talking a few people. Keys just decided to bite back. Not the first time he's run his mouth for no reason.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
He has AlanSugarSyndrome. One good business idea that made him packets has convinced him that he’s smart. Neither are. They were razor sharp knowledgeable opportunists for a tiny fraction of their lives.

That leaves sufferers of the syndrome with an overinflated ego and a mad sense of self importance.

also see : ElonMuskSyndrome - Being right a few too many times in a row convincing you that you’re a god.

Fully willing to appreciate and admire Jordan, Sugar and Musks successes. But they’re not special humans in any way, shape or form.
Absolutely. Just because you are good at making money (not that Jordan is even that good at that, we're not talking about Jeff Bezos here....) it doesn't necessarily make you wise or full of understanding about all aspects of life. Jordan doesn't seem to realise this.

UnrelatedPsuedo

Absolutely. Just because you are good at making money (not that Jordan is even that good at that, we're not talking about Jeff Bezos here....) it doesn't necessarily make you wise or full of understanding about all aspects of life. Jordan doesn't seem to realise this.
Jordan could find a wallet with £1000 in it and think that he earned it through talent.

Privileged Tory Cnut.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Agbonlahor was right in the first comment that started this pathetic exchange, and he finished him with the comeback.

A bit pathetic all round but if I’m going to get dragged into an embarrassing exchange, I’d at least rather walk away having landed the KO punch :lol:

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
When it came to Keys and Gray, at least Gray was a talented co-commentator (though I thought he was a poor studio pundit).

Keys on the other hand, what was the point of him? I never thought he was a strong presenter at all, and in terms of ability alone (before we get to his conduct) he was very expendable.

Of course it was no surprise that many other people who worked at Sky at the time despised them both.

suheilsworld

We here in the gulf have to hear Keys, Gray and pundits like De Jong, Didier Domi speak about football. These people blatantly name drop and are just vile the way they discuss football.
Keys is one of the most anti-United pundits I’ve ever come across.

Pascal Quiff

Supports
Liverpool
I actually quite like Jordan, the way he cuts through some of the self-serving bullsh*t that some of the guests come on and spout. Antagonistic but I find myself agreeing with him every now and then.

Also don't mind Goldstein and Bent, one of the few ex-pros that seems relatable.

Rushden and Glendinning (also Baker) are on another level though.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Did you smash it.
The most hilariously ridiculous line of all time.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I actually quite like Jordan, the way he cuts through some of the self-serving bullsh*t that some of the guests come on and spout. Antagonistic but I find myself agreeing with him every now and then.

Also don't mind Goldstein and Bent, one of the few ex-pros that seems relatable.

Rushden and Glendinning (also Baker) are on another level though.
Bent is awful. Obviously has an audience but I can’t stand him.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
His recollection of the chat he had with her about her interview :lol:

The rest of it is prime partridge as well. I kept expecting to read ‘needless to say, I had the last laugh’

Spark

That honour goes to Richard Madeley but he’s up there too.
I’m not sure, Madeley obviously has his super viral partridge moments, but, for sheer consistency, Key’s hilariously bitter blog is Partridge 101.

“They gave her the nickname ‘Gabbler’.”

“How I was fired from Sky – incorrect. Lawyers have been instructed.”

“…‘oh, leave it with me Richard - I know - sex sells’. I was amazed. She had no problem playing that card.”

It’s top notch in fairness to him.

Pearl.Jam

Everyone knows he’s an abhorrent cvnt that has been banished to that hotbed of the footballing world..why the hell is there even a thread about him ?

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I know she has an axe to grind because Sky terminated her first deal, but I knew most of the people she goes after at SSN and my experience of them was totally the opposition to Logan’s. They were first class operators who found her very difficult to work with

They gave her the nickname ‘Gabbler’. She always had an awful lot to say - not a lot of it very complimentary. In the end our guv’nor, Vic Wakeling, pulled the plug and refused to renew her first deal.
Everything about this bit of writing is brilliant. Reads like a cross between Partridge, Steven Toast and...well, someone who didn't do very well in school.

Brophs

The One and Only
Nice pivot to insist that the people at Sky are top class to prove this week’s point. Next week he’ll be back to suggesting they’re a bunch of commie paedos.

Loon

:lol:
So Keys is responsible for Redknapp still being employed by Sky? Werewolfian cnut.