Didn't they sign Kulusevski?
Yes, Kulusevski & Bentacour,

As of now, they have 5 forward players

Kane - ST
Son - LW/RW/ST
Richarlison - LW/ST
Kulusevski - RW
Lucas Moura - LW/RW

That is a decent front 3 plus 2 good options from the bench (assuming Kane & Son are the guaranteed starters of course)

Bergwijn is leaving, and I am not sure what's gonna happen with Bryan Gil, most likely shipped out on loan or sold too.

Hughes35

Don't really rate him to be honest. Awful lot of money for a squad player too.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Didn't they sign Kulusevski?
18 month loan.

Still it's a fantastic attacking group. I guess Richarlison and Kulusevski can rotate for the third forward spot and either of them can provide great cover for when Kane or Son are injured or need a rest.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
18 month loan.

Still it's a fantastic attacking group. I guess Richarlison and Kulusevski can rotate for the third forward spot and either of them can provide great cover for when Kane or Son are injured or need a rest.
That's all true, but the amount of money paid for Richarlison is a lot for a rotational player. Kulusevski less so, but thought he looked pretty good for them

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
That's all true, but the amount of money paid for Richarlison is a lot for a rotational player. Kulusevski less so, but thought he looked pretty good for them
It's certainly a lot of money for a position that wasn't a huge need, that's true but I guess if Conte wants to have a reasonable go in the CL and PL he will need to rotate a lot and doing so with as little drop off as possible is worth the extra millions.

TheLord

I have watched him play for a number of years and he has always struck me as being very average.
For some reason, whenever a player is linked with a serious transfer, there is so much talk and hype that a very average player is considered as world class. I think that's the nature of transfer windows.

There will also be people talking of Maguire the same way people talked of Rio and Vidic if he somehow manages to gather transfer speculations!

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Now that we've seen him for a couple of years it's clear that he is not a top player. Too erratic, too chaotic.

He'll do a fine job in putting up some numbers and adding depth to Spurs' squad but he's not near the same wavelength as Son for example.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Seems weird to go for a player that plays in the same positions as Son & Kane.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
He's clearly the man Conte wanted. Given what he did with Lukaku, whom he had a strong plan for, I wouldn't be surprised to see him step up big time.

Zippycup

Cracking player, would have loved him here.
Agreed.

I hated him for his showboating when they beat us 1-0 but by feck would I love a player with that type of attitude in our squad.

I think his return for Everyon was 1 goal in 3 games which is a great return while.pmaying for a club that's had its fair share of issues

A steal at £50m

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I couldn't believe some here were turning their noses up at him. I think he's primed to explode. Plays with passion.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Conte will make him an attacking fullback. Emphasis on the attacking

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
I can see 2 main formations being used:
---------------------------------------------Richarlison
---------Son-----------Kane

--------------------------Kane---------------------------
---------Son---------------------------Kulusevski

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Vile behaviour that. Should have been given a longer ban.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Not worth 60mil for me, think hes good, just not 60mil good.

Guess we will see how he fits into Conte's overall squad plan and if he lives up to that price tag.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Will he play though? Son and Kane will always start. Kulusevski has done quite well since he's came.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
Whenever City or Liverpool sign another attacking player no one asks whether they're going to play. Liverpool had a front three that was seemingly set in stone but they went out and bought Jota because they knew that they couldn't keep getting away with running the same three into the ground.

I think Richarlison is a bit underrated tbh, probably because he's not as aesthetically pleasing as some but he's a nuisance to play against, physical, works like a dog and is equally adept at playing wide or through the middle, which is perfect for what we need. In his first five seasons in England he has 48 PL goals which is only 5 less than what Son had at the same point, I'm not saying he'll hit the same levels as Son but being surrounded by better players can only be a good thing for him. He has also only just turned 25 so still plenty of time to improve further.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Whenever City or Liverpool sign another attacking player no one asks whether they're going to play. Liverpool had a front three that was seemingly set in stone but they went out and bought Jota because they knew that they couldn't keep getting away with running the same three into the ground.

I think Richarlison is a bit underrated tbh, probably because he's not as aesthetically pleasing as some but he's a nuisance to play against, physical, works like a dog and is equally adept at playing wide or through the middle, which is perfect for what we need. In his first five seasons in England he has 48 PL goals which is only 5 less than what Son had at the same point, I'm not saying he'll hit the same levels as Son but being surrounded by better players can only be a good thing for him. He has also only just turned 25 so still plenty of time to improve further.
Due to the club he used to play for, he'll get far more plaudits playing for Spurs.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Will he play though? Son and Kane will always start. Kulusevski has done quite well since he's came.
Everyone outside of that trio is pretty average though.

Carl

Don’t get the hype around this bloke to be honest
Is there any hype? Most of what I see is just people acknowledging that he's a very good, proven, Premier League player but that 60mil was probably on the slightly expensive side.

Pickle85

Is there any hype? Most of what I see is just people acknowledging that he's a very good, proven, Premier League player but that 60mil was probably on the slightly expensive side.
Is he very good though? I think he's decent but not much more than that. Not particularly productive and doesn't add huge amounts more than working his bollocks off.

crossy1686

career ending
Well yeah, right there. “Very good, proven” he doesn’t even fit that bracket. I’d say average, workhorse, mid table at best striker. We keep getting linked to him also which is worrying.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Yes. Silly question.
Not really. His best position is wide left and he's nowhere near as good as Son. His second best position is through the middle and he's nowhere near as good as Kane.

I'm sure he'll get a tonne of games but I don't think he's an automatic starter either all things considered.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Is he very good though? I think he's decent but not much more than that. Not particularly productive and doesn't add huge amounts more than working his bollocks off.
That's not true though is it? 13 PL goals twice with us and 10 PL goals last season. That's good for a club like us and he's going to be playing at a higher level with better players.

Carl

Well yeah, right there. “Very good, proven” he doesn’t even fit that bracket. I’d say average, workhorse, mid table at best striker. We keep getting linked to him also which is worrying.
Think he's demonstrated he's very good in this league personally. Only just turned 25 too. Fair enough if you think he's in the tier below though.

redcucumber

He was generally good for 15 goals and assists in a crap Everton team. No reason why he can't up that playing for Conte alongside the likes of Kane and Son. Combine that with working his bollox off and Spurs have got themselves a pretty effective option. I also think he's very tidy on the ball.

Pickle85

That's not true though is it? 13 PL goals twice with us and 10 PL goals last season. That's good for a club like us and he's going to be playing at a higher level with better players.
That's not exactly prolific, is it? DLC outscored him last season, no? Another season he ended up on 13 alongside Sigurdsson. It's fine but I wouldn't say productive for a player playing where he does. Like I say, he's decent, but not very good imo.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
That's not exactly prolific, is it? DLC outscored him last season, no? Another season he ended up on 13 alongside Sigurdsson. It's fine but I wouldn't say productive for a player playing where he does. Like I say, he's decent, but not very good imo.
I didn't say he was prolific. I just refute the claim that he isn't particularly productive. Joint top goalscorer for us in 18/19, 19/20 and 21/22. DCL outscored him in 20/21 but he's the main focal striker? You'd expect him to. Richy has played in multiple positions for us - RW, CF, LW. He's been used like Rooney under SAF, because of his work ethic and ability to play in multiple areas but still giving just as much to the team he was 'sacrificed' more than others to play in different positions when needed.

You have to use the context of the players he is around. If he's in a side and consistently the top goalscorer or one of them then he's quite clearly productive. If he is in a side and he's being outperformed regularly then he isn't.

Also it is worth noting that he outperformed Son twice in terms of goals and Son has outperformed him in the last two seasons. It wouldn't be surprising if Richy makes the same step up.