Robert Lewandowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
If we needed a striker then Lewandowski would be one of the top names on my list. He's goals/assist ratio are excellent, he had already played with Kagawa and he's at the right age to come at United. However we don't need another striker. Kagawa should be playing as our no 10 (his natural role) just behind Rooney, with Welbeck and Hernandez acting as cover. That should, in my opinion, be the plan unless.................SAF knows something that we don't know (Rooney or Nani leaving?)
Fergie loves signing strikers though so I doubt if Lewandowski comes it has anything to do with Rooney leaving. I simply can't imagine Fergie starting the season with just 3 strikers, 2 of those strikers are still young and learning the game. Think about it Fergie loves to play players out of position except when it comes to strikers then he prefers players that are natural in the position. The only exception is Ronaldo a few games as a centre forward.

RedRover

We could manage Van Persie much better in terms of keeping him fit with our squad rotation and Van Persie isnt really a player who relies on physical aspects for his game, its more about technical ability. Van Persie could easily play another 5-6yrs at a top level and he strikes me as a very down to earth man which im sure Fergie admires greatly.
Just like we did with owen Hargreaves?

Pointless investing big sums of money in a player with a terrible injury record. Its amazinghow players perform when they're loking for a new deal and/or a big move - then once it comes go back to being crocked or out of form.

Van Persie would want a big contract - its arguably his last. I just don't see it.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Fergie loves signing strikers though so I doubt if Lewandowski comes it has anything to do with Rooney leaving. I simply can't imagine Fergie starting the season with just 3 strikers, 2 of those strikers are still young and learning the game. Think about it Fergie loves to play players out of position except when it comes to strikers then he prefers players that are natural in the position. The only exception is Ronaldo a few games as a centre forward.
Welbeck and Hernandez has represented their respective nations in numerous occasions and Rooney is a WC player. Considering that Kagawa plays mostly as no 10 do we need a 4th striker?

Varun

Staff
i have a sneaky feeling that we may be using this guy as a decoy for our real striker target, a certain Van Persie. Why would we pay (£45m) 30m + say 15m for his wages over a 4yr contract, when we can get a much better player for the same value in Van Persie, £20m fee and £25m Wages.
They'd never sell to us and i wouldnt want us going after a player who's perennially injured. It was just last season that he managed to stay fit.

Add to that the wages he'd want and the fact that he'd want a start more or less every game, it'd be pointless.

SirAF

Ageist
Why would we be after Lewandowski? He's class, but surly we're covered with Rooney, Hernandez and Welbeck.

scottish_red

Just like we did with owen Hargreaves?

Pointless investing big sums of money in a player with a terrible injury record. Its amazinghow players perform when they're loking for a new deal and/or a big move - then once it comes go back to being crocked or out of form.

Van Persie would want a big contract - its arguably his last. I just don't see it.
The Hargreaves case was a special case dont you think? We signed Ruud after his injury and that worked out well for us. Even Micheal Owen has contributed over the last few years.

I just cant see Fergie replacing two experienced strikers in Berba and Owen with someone as young as Lewandowski. That would leave Rooney as most experienced forward at 26.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
Why would we be after Lewandowski? He's class, but surly we're covered with Rooney, Hernandez and Welbeck.
I can imagine what Fergie will say if we sign him:

"We need 4 world class strikers to compete in all competitions"

The Neviller

That's what Rooney should be doing, and has done, it's been a bit of both, Hernandez has gone too early at times and at other his touch has let him down, sometimes though the likes of Rooney don't get the ball through or miss the run. In general though I think the lack of variety Hernandez has to his game means that he'll likely be better off as an impact sun and a rotation player, rather than an automatic starter.
He doesn't though. We don't really have a player who looks for the through-ball. Our midfielders play deep, they shift the ball wide, as does Rooney when he drops deep. He plays the ball wide then hits the box. Hernandez looks to get in behind defences with his pace, but we have no one who looks to float between the lines and play that pass. If Kagawa does that we'll get more out of our current forwards and therefore lessen the need to sign another. In my opinion of course.

Moultz

Aye, but I just can't see us accommodating all four and continue Welbeck's development..
I think you just have to look at City last season. Tevez, Dzeko, Ballotelli, Aguero.

All had games and bar Tevez for obvious reasons they all scored a decent amount. We should take a page out of their book and rotate a lot like they did. They always looked fresh up front and being able to bring on another two world class strikers benefited them greatly.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
I think you just have to look at City last season. Tevez, Dzeko, Ballotelli, Aguero.

All had games and bar Tevez for obvious reasons they all scored a decent amount. We should take a page out of their book and rotate a lot like they did. They always looked fresh up front and being able to bring on another two world class strikers benefited them greatly.
Fergie has been doing that much earlier, mate. You made it sound like they invented it.

ben_foster

On Loan to Watford
:lol: this coming from someone who yesterday was shown his arse regarding a player he watches every week apparently in Welbeck.
Ive faith in welbeck, total faith but I think there's room for improvement and room in our squad for variation.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
hernandez wasnt exactly world class last year was he?
rooney needs a hand and welbeck has a bit to go....

This lewandowski is prolific in the bundesliga, well worth a punt

Moultz

his movement for the chance 5 mins ago was also very good. He'd be on 2 if the cross was slightly better if you ask me. Got in front of his defender very well

Hellboy

Not a priority at the moment, and he's off contract in 2014. Would be preferable to go for him next summer, unless of course Fergie likes him and some club moves for him in the next few months.

Zen

Basically its all a ploy to try and get Gotze and Hummels, bring their mates first.

Edmeiste

Sorry guys, afaik, he's not on our transfer targets list. Although we have watched him and showed interest. I'd be majorly surprised if this actually happened because most of our intent at this point is on Modric and Baines

The Neviller

Sorry guys, afaik, he's not on our transfer targets list. Although we have watched him and showed interest. I'd be majorly surprised if this actually happened because most of our intent at this point is on Modric and Baines
Are you pretending to be an ITK again?

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
Certified Bullshitter 4 has arrived.

Status
Not open for further replies.