Robin van Persie | 2012-14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
He has had the good fortune to work under two of the best coaches in England in the last two decades.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Somebody needs to start posting some of the comments from the Facebook pic of Fergie and RVP, especially the one a out the lion :lol:
Welcome RVP I respect ** loyalty to ** former club uve made da right decision
RVP.. dem go kill ** carrirer 4 der.. up gunners
Man Utd, this is ** Season, a time 4 Man Utd 2 smile Again,From Glory 2 Glory,Good Signing RVP, Man Utd 4 LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
robin van persie signs for arsenal
Letz c watz dere in store of RVP 4 Man Utd *** season.....
Yeah.. Wanna cut my hair like RVP.. Yeezzzaaa...
this is jst toooooooooooooooooooooooooooo super
he is good father ::& welcome vanpersi !
Go 2 hell dats wea devils r.as dea xey red devils.nkt!!Rvp
Am proud of u man utd, u havE make mE th happiEst man on Earth
:lol:

kps88

The no.31 he's wearing in MUTV footage is training top. Players have different training numbers to squad numbers. Scholes 53, for instance.
Nick Coppack

Nogbadthebad

No wonder facebooks share price is dropping.

Never had an account on that thing, and every time I get directed to some facebook page, and read that sort of stuff, I remember why.

At least with twitter there is the 140 character excuse, I have no idea what half of those were supposed to be saying.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
SAF said that RVP is best upfront but he can also play on the left flank. He also said that he's got another player in mind but will only sign him IF he's available.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Alex Ferguson in full to MUTV on the Van Persie signing and maybe one more

"Well, I'm delighted, it's been a long haul, it wasn't an easy one to be honest with you because understandably Arsene Wenger didn't want to sell to Manchester United and he's already mentioned that in this morning's papers but the boy wanted to come to us, that's important, he turned down various clubs to join us because he wants the challenge of coming to the biggest club in the world and I think that's fantastic."

Q. How important is it that he actaully wanted to come here?

"Well that's what swung it, that's what made it possible. If he hadn't come out forcibly to Arsenal and tell them 'look, I want to go to Manchester United' then it meant that negotiations were really over, the only negotiation left was agreeing the fee. There was noone else left in the picture because the boy wanted, he was desperate to come to Manchester United.

Q. In recent years you've signed players earlier in their career, is it that this was just too good an opportunity to turn down?

"You can't turn that down. I wasn't… I didn't think it would be possible that we could get Van Persie, if you talk about last season, but when I read he refused to sign a new contract and he made it publically known that he wanted to leave Arsenal then we had to be interested, there was no question about that. And I spoke to David Gill and David Gill spoke to the Glazer family and we got the ball rolling, but that was some months ago, it's been a long, long haul, it's not been an easy one, but thankfully we've got it there."

Q> Is this a real statement of intent, that you want that trophy back because it's been a real lift and boost to everyone associated with Manchester United?

"I think it has given everyone a lift. They were telling me that there were people outside the hospital from 7am yesterday morning, one young kid in wheelchair, waiting for Van Persie, and the hospital took him indoors and Robin signed all the autographs which was a fantastic thing to do and I wish all footballers would do that, would be the same. I think once that we get the medical over and done and contract agreed then we're all happy.

Q> Does it give you a nice selection problem?

"It's not going to be easy, let's be honest with that. I've bought a complication to my life now, really! But when I go back to '99, somehow, I don't know how I managed it, I"m trying to think how I did it back in those days, but it must have been terribly difficult, because Sheringham and Ole would have walked into any other team in the country, but Cole and Yorke formed an amazing, not so much partnership, relationship. They seemed to be in each other's brain, they knew exactly what each other was doing, they could read one another, it was a fantastic telepathy of a player union of these two players.

Q. I know you've got lots of options but people will naturally think Van Persie and Rooney because of their natural scoring exploits, do you think they could gel together?

"I think that, absolutely. That had to be in our estimation of bringing Robin here that we had to… what would be the combinations because Robin can actually play in two or three positions as he's done at Arsenal, last season he proved what his best position was, number 1, furthest up the pitch, 37 goals, 30 league goals, that in itself tells you where his best position is. But Arsenal over the years have sort of evolved their systems a bit and therefore that's maybe why he was sometimes played midfield, wide right, sometimes wide left, and in that situation now I have the possibility I can play Rooney through, Van Persie through, Chicharito through, I've got Danny Welbeck who could play through and I've got Kagawa playing in that hole behind, who is a fantastic young footballer too. So that's my dilemma but you know that the most important thing for all these 5 players, and you've got Macheda, young Macheda, who is still a young lad, only 20 years of age, the important thing is to win what we want to win, that's the important thing and the players, as a unit, the 5 of them, have helped us to do that by offering a goal contribution that is better than everyone else, then we've done the right thing.

Q. Are you happy with your squad now, do you think there will be any more business to be done now is it pretty much it?

"No, I think it's maybe one other position, but we've spent a big bit of money and if I need to go to the Glazer family then I am sure they would say yes but it's only if a certain player was, became available then we would take it."
Credit to them.
http://www.rednews.co.uk/forum/show...an-Persie-signing-and-maybe-one-more&p=779371

So one more signing possible.

Woodzy

He identified the need for a central midfielder at the start of the window, so us muppets might get our wish after all.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I won't believe it until friendlytramp confirms it.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Team%20Players/Van%20Persie/van_persie_training_1.ashx?20120817T1105541651&mw=500[/img]

Bape

He identified the need for a central midfielder at the start of the window, so us muppets might get our wish after all.
He also identified left back though. Could be either position.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

What the feck is Nani's wearing :lol:

savais

Pretty sure when he refers to one other position, heis talking about left-back, so based on how all the rumours about RVP and Lucas were true, I assume the Baines rumour was true too. So, he is the player in question.

Woodzy

An interesting question would be will this transfer add fire back into the Arsenal/United fixture, or has it wiped what little was left of a dying 'rivalry.'

Arsenal fans (and players, i'm looking at you Frimpong) must hate us right now. I got a feeling we might see the United/Arsenal fixture of old.

Status
Not open for further replies.