g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Robin van Persie | 2012-14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Not greedy for money, just cups. He knows a real club right from the off. Welcome to United you fecking sexy bastard.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
Well well well. Although it's seemed on the cards for the last few weeks I'm still a bit surprised that the likes of City didn't nip in.

Is the consensus that Van Persie preferred us or that City didn't want to splash out?

Not that it matters in the grand scheme of things. Cracking player and makes our strikeforce the toast of Europe.

[/above post is subject to medical]
From the Guardian

It has helped United that Van Persie has been eager to join them. He is excited at the prospect of playing with Wayne Rooney, who himself spoke last week of his admiration for Van Persie. "He's a fantastic player," Rooney said. "He's been amazing for Arsenal over many years. If he does come here, he would be a great addition to the squad."

Van Persie, moreover, buys heavily into United's tradition and playing style whereas he is less keen on how City have spent lavishly to accumulate under the Abu Dhabi United Group. He was receptive to the idea of going to Juventus, although he had reservations about Serie A.

wr8_utd

:'(
Well he's on the bench. Given how often he gets injured with Holland, I hope he stays on that bench.

Sw33t

I just wish we had a clue about how RVP is going to fit into our system. Any of you guys got any ideas?
sarcasm, you twats
I was about to reply, but I saw the white text.

Anyway:

Hahahaha.

The Neviller

We can't compete for the big signings. We've no money. feck the Glazers. Jew kid at Christmas etc etc.

Great signing, Rooney and RVP up front together could be pretty devastating.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
because some of us are aware of other positions needing strenghtening way before the ST position, but then again now I just sound like a broken record.
Signing a new striker doesn't stop us from signing a new midfielder, the only thing that's stopping us is a lack of top class midfielders at an affordable price...in Sir Alex's view, at least. You're annoyed that we're not signing a centre mid no matter what, it's worth bottling up that anger for the time being and revelling in the fact that we've just teamed up the two best strikers in the league, and pissed all over Arsenal in the process.

If anything this just reaffirms yet again that we've got plenty of money to spend. God knows why that needs reaffirming given we spent £50m on kids we didn't need last summer but there you go. If Sir Alex sees a player he wants then the club will happily spend big money to bring him in.

Chabon

People listing first choice elevens without Kagawa in are weird, do they think we signed him to sit on the bench?

Art

Art the artist
The whole prospect of having two of the world's best fowards. One right footed and one left footed is just fecking mouth watering.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
At least he isn't playing for Holland tonight, so will be fit, unless our friend Pete pushes him down the aeroplane steps.

bergen

Author of gayest thread 07/08
Bollocks to the disloyal cnut, he's been stinking the place out for the last month anyway. He won't work in tandem with Rooney and the greenscreens will be up before Christmas.
Interesting, because I believe Rooney, RVP and Kagawa might just be the perfect mix of talent as a front 3.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I still think our strike force was fantastic without RvP. Loved how Welbeck made the team up the tempo.

This signing just adds an extra dimension, and amazing cover for any injuries.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
peterstorey said:
He won't work in tandem with Rooney and the greenscreens will be up before Christmas.
Thank Christ for that - Rooney's acting was bad enough last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.