Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Thought he was ok, looked about as happy as Aaron Lennon throughout the match though.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
van Persie had many chances to score today, but it was a shame that he couldn't get one. A couple of wild shots off target didn't help either with this.

His movement, positioning, close control, and dribbling seems to be coming back. The Leceister match showed some signs that he's coming back to his best, and this match confirmed it, even if he couldn't get a goal. He just needs to get back the confidence and belief in front of goal, and he may become a threatening striker again.

soapythecat

His patchy form this season seems to coincide with the disjointed, slow play we were doing. This seems to be getting faster so let's see if his form improves with better service. He got plenty of the ball last night.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Thought he looked back to the old RVP last night. Was unlucky not to score.

Lovely little chip to Rojo too, made it look dead easy.

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
Think he's played alright the last couple of games. Took his goal well against Leicester and was good in the build up to the second. Last night he maybe should have got a goal but the keeper did well and his assist for Rojo was very nice.

His record is good against West Ham too- every time he's played them since he joined us he's scored.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Been hearing this all season, is he back or not?
I don't think he will ever be consistently back to that form no. But it's nice to see he still has it when he wants too.

I do think though that 1 of RVP/Falcao should be leaving, and we should be after the next young hot striker (Lacazette/whoever).

ottosec

His all round play has been good for quite some time time now, the thing that is not working for him is his finishing. He has put in quite a few performances like last night where if he takes one of the chances and scores a goal, he is MOTM contender, but because he has missed his performance is considered poor.

There was a game some time ago(I think it was vs Hull) where he put in a decent performance but didn't score and the usual suspects bumped the thread to tell us how shit he was, most people agreed, then in the next 5 minutes he scores a goal and gets subbed and suddenly everybody agrees he had a great game.

It is funny is that after every game where he doesn't score, the same guys can't bump this thread fast enough to tell us how he is too old, slows our attack or how the mythical RVP from 2012 would have scored that with his left bollock and it's not only this thread, same shit I see in Rooney's(should have been sold and never made captain) and Mata's threads(panic buy, only passes sideway and back).

It seems that if some Caftard's favorite player is not playing for some reason, the first impulse is to shit on the player that plays instead of him. Falcao not playing? fecking RVP the old shit only plays because he is buddies with LVG. Herrera not playing? fecking Rooney and his Scholes wannabe cross field passes only plays because he is captain. Some seem to be supporting the players more than they support the club.

Anyway, as shit as RVP has been this season(as some like to remind us after every game), he is still our best performing striker. Even with his shit finishing, he is still our leading scorer and like it or not, he is still our best option for the striker position.

ZDwyr

Been hearing this all season, is he back or not?
IMO he will never be "back" to what he was. We'll get the occasional good game where he looks like he is but in reality his level has dropped. He'll have some poor games too. I think he should have his role gradually diminished. We can't go into a season with RvP as our main striker again.

Sam

They have had quite a good understanding with those passes, happens like every other game. I don't think Van persie has managed to score once from them though, a couple of seasons ago with the chances he's had, he would be around 20 goals for the season probably. Missed so many sitters already.
Yep, he hasn't scored one of them, its incredibly annoying. Di Maria must be more annoyed then anybody though, he could probably have doubled his assist total with chances RVP has missed alone :lol:

Jaxa

I think he is harshly judged my some on here, the service he gets sometimes is next to none and he has to drop back just to retrieve the ball,

When on form even at his age he is lethal at finishing and i hope he is still here in 3 years time, Can you imagine how much it helps for example Wilson training with this guy, Im still a massive fan of RVP and for one hopes he stays with us, I would prefer us to keep him, not buy Falcao and sign a few more young energetic strikers to compete with him and wilson.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
So how much longer are people going to stick up for this waste of space?

Offering absolutely nothing yet again
He's been better then the rest of our "forward" players - by virtue that he hasn't actually wasted the ball every time he's got it.

Falcao has been worse.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I agree. He's wasting all these chances and passes into feet he is getting.
Yet to will get some people in here saying well he's not getting service blah blah,

he should've been benched weeks ago then maybe we could play our best striker (Rooney) actually in his position where he's very effective

acnumber9

Yet to will get some people in here saying well he's not getting service blah blah, he should've been benched weeks ago then maybe we could play our best striker (Rooney) actually in his position where he's very effective
Have you ever heard of sarcasm?

saivet

I agree. He's wasting all these chances and passes into feet he is getting.
It's not really his game, but like Neville was saying, Sakho and Valencia are running the channels. They've hardly had great service, but their movement has meant our CBs have been busy. Him an Falcao aren't doing this. Not their game I know, but it's hurting us.

mu4c_20le

We should have let him go. SAF squeezed one last quality season out of him, and he's been on the decline ever since. Moyes and LvG had the perfect excuse to move him, because he wasn't their signing. Taking Falcao on loan when he was available was a sensible move, keeping RVP and letting Welbeck go was not.

acnumber9

Yes I have but I suppose you are one of the people I mentioned that blames everything apart from rvp
What are we blaming him for? He's a striker. You need to get him the ball in the penalty box. What do you want him to do? Are you posting in the Falcao thread about why he's doing because he's done less than Van Persie. Today and all season.

acnumber9

It's not really his game, but like Neville was saying, Sakho and Valencia are running the channels. They've hardly had great service, but their movement has meant our CBs have been busy. Him an Falcao aren't doing this. Not their game I know, but it's hurting us.
Thy don't need to do it if you actually have wide players playing wide. I've no idea where Rooney has been half the game but it hasn't been on the flank.

saivet

Thy don't need to do it if you actually have wide players playing wide. I've no idea where Rooney has been half the game but it hasn't been on the flank.
If Rooney and Januzaj, that leaves Blind in the middle on his own. They both need to do more but it's clearly not part of our tactics for anyone other than the full backs to play wide.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
They were both shite. Difficult to say who was worse.
That is a view point I can understand (though I think RVP has at least tried to be smart with his use of the ball - Falcao has just passed it backwards or lost it) - but to single RVP is a bit weird.

Roboc7

Very poor today, falcao is even worse and it's worrying LVG wants to keep playing them together despite the lack of any partnership and fact they are both past it. What's even more worrying is we might have both of them here next season, I don't even care which one comes off at half time or who for just don't want to see them both in the second half or in the starting eleven together in any away game.

ottosec

Thought he was decent so far, no way he was one of our worst players like some here seem to imply.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
What are we blaming him for? He's a striker. You need to get him the ball in the penalty box. What do you want him to do? Are you posting in the Falcao thread about why he's doing because he's done less than Van Persie. Today and all season.
No because I'm fairly confident we won't be signing Falcao he won't be our player so I'm not bothered what he does, I wanted him to be a success obviously but him and rvp is obviously past it now and shouldn't be playing for us if mourinho was out manager rvp would've been shipped out last season yet because he is LVG favourite he never gets dropped and the team is suffering just to accommodate him and Falcao

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I honestly don't think he's been that bad at times. He sometimes takes too long on the ball and his lack of pace is evident, but he's had a couple of decent efforts and has occasionally shown some intelligent play on the ball. Not brilliant, either, but I don't think he's been too awful.

Roman Bellic

Prick
Baffles me that he can still get to play for 80 minutes in a team looking to finish in the top 4

Jev

I think he's done quite well with what delivery he's gotten. Much better than his striking partner.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
He's been our best player. I have no problems with him or his role in the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.