Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
Should have scored with that one that he drilled at the keeper but the volley was as good as he could do plus he created two good chances. Not great but definitely better than Falcao.

Boycott

I've had enough of his shit attitude. When the going gets tough he shrivels. No fight, no determination to push the team on. And these days he can't even control the ball under pressure let alone pull something out of the bag.

Ixion

Falcao will obviously get most of the stick but RVP was poor as well. He can strike the ball well when it drops to him but the rest of his game needs improvement, he's getting lazy.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Falcao will obviously get most of the stick but RVP was poor as well. He can strike the ball well when it drops to him but the rest of his game needs improvement, he's getting lazy.
He set up Falcao with a great ball as well.

Sam

There was a moment in the second half where he had a pull back (possibly from Shaw), he could have hit it first time into the far corner, instead he took a touch and the chance was gone. That split second hesitance has become a real feature of his game this season. He's not playing on instinct.

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
There was a moment in the second half where he had a pull back (possibly from Shaw), he could have hit it first time into the far corner, instead he took a touch and the chance was gone. That split second hesitance has become a real feature of his game this season. He's not playing on instinct.
I actually think that Wilson and RvP could be a good partnership if van Gaal is willing to try it for a few games in a row. van Persie's hold up play is still good even if he's maybe not as clinical as he used to be and with Wilson's pace and movement dragging defenders out of position it could open up more space for him in the box.

Walters_19_MuFc

As I said in the Falcao thread, when the teams having such a poor game as we did today and you get one chance to score, you expect a guy of Van Persie's finishing prowess to score.

LR7

Just play him up top with Rooney in behind and he will be fine.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Still our best striker. Got to remember he created a clear cut chance for Falcao with his brilliance. Wasn't the best overall game from him, and might have done better with that 2nd chance he had, but he holds it up, brings others into play much better than Falcao. His performance at Southampton is arguably one of the best individual game from any of our players this season so those saying he's finished are wide of the mark. Him and Falcao as a pair just don't work so hopefully that's the last of it.

No11

Supports
Aberdeen
Great take on the chest from Rojos through ball, decent hit on target.
Great through ball for Falcao from which he completely fecked up.
Decent effort from Falcaos pass again on target, did he miss a sitter today?
Most of the time he gets them on target.
Yes he hasn't played as well as he has done but who the feck has?

No11

Supports
Aberdeen
Still our best striker. Got to remember he created a clear cut chance for Falcao with his brilliance. Wasn't the best overall game from him, and might have done better with that 2nd chance he had, but he holds it up, brings others into play much better than Falcao. His performance at Southampton is arguably one of the best individual game from any of our players this season so those saying he's finished are wide of the mark. Him and Falcao as a pair just don't work so hopefully that's the last of it.
Man its good to see some common sense at last.

ZDwyr

He was poor. I don't think we should be getting rid of him though. He is clearly not what he used to be but it would be good if he accepted a smaller role in the squad. He shouldn't be our number one striker anymore. LvG has some big decisions to make. I kept hearing that he is a manager that isn't afraid of the big calls or the big egos, but it hasn't looked like that so far. RvP is an issue that needs fixing.

NessunDorma

RvP has scored one more goal than Rooney in the league, despite having played more minutes, and having played exclusively as a striker (while Rooney has played 75% of his games as a midfielder).

But you want to talk about his 'brilliance', and 'the best individual game from any of our players this season'.

I wouldn't mind so much, if you weren't so persistently critical of players who are playing at least as well as/as poorly as RvP, even while out of position.

Orton

RvP has scored one more goal than Rooney in the league, despite having played more minutes, and having played exclusively as a striker (while Rooney has played 75% of his games as a midfielder).

But you want to talk about his 'brilliance', and 'the best individual game from any of our players this season'.

I wouldn't mind so much, if you weren't so persistently critical of players who are playing at least as well as/as poorly as RvP, even while out of position.
The system hurts and limits him at the moment. His finishing has been off and he started the season very slowly, as did the whole team. Playing up top with current Falcao would hurt anyone at the moment though, and playing without a proper midfield hurts, as does the woeful service they get. It's obvious none of our attacking players are delivering as they should at the moment but I have to laugh when I see posts about RVP being finished.

NessunDorma

I have to laugh when I see posts about RVP being finished.
Coming from the guy who thinks we should sell Rooney and his style of play is 'predictable and shite'.

Don't really want to turn this into a Rooney Vs RvP thing, but it's blatantly obvious you give RvP a much easier time of it - and if the system is limiting anyone, it's Rooney, given it's putting him in a position he has never played with any regularity.

Sam

His finishing this season has been, on the whole, woeful. He might be our top scorer, but for all the grief about 'lack of service' he could have quite easily doubled his tally from Di Maria assists alone.

Orton

The service is shite though, and that's down to the system. Strikers don't put away all the chances that are created for them. Maybe we should sign Giroud hmm

We'd play much better with Herrera, Mata and Di Maria behind a striker. The 3 of them linked up brilliantly earlier in the season.

Hamadovich86

RvP basically has the same status as Rooney i.e "privilege" aka undroppable, hes started every PL game he was available for but with 9 goals in 22 games this is not the same RvP of old. I hate this privilege shit of van Gaal's if a player is not performing and you have others that can fill in then fecking sub him off! Still I do agree that he has not been getting great service (was it THAT much better in 12/13?) in the box he needs more chances to score which is why I hold Ruud at a higher esteem that guy was a machine.

DevilRed

Him and Falcao are just looking like they will never form a proper partnership. Too similar types of players and not getting enough service either.

One of them needs to be dropped to make way for more width and/or an extra body in midfield.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Great pen, which will no doubt overshadow a generally shite performance, and he'll start all our remaining games.

Orton

Always guaranteed to hold the ball up and bring others into play. Falcao was disastrous. RVP should start upfront alone in the next game.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Has looked a lot better playing deeper, got a lot more involved and had more space to do things. Showed som good passing and dribbling at least

Giggsy92

You could have been forgiven for thinking he wasn't playing until he took the penalty. Took it well though.

NinjaFletch

My main problem with him is he doesn't get involved when the balls not into his feet. He doesn't move, and he doesn't hassle.

But, when he does get the ball he's still magic. His hold up play is excellent, he can beat a player with the ball and his passing is very good. I think its a case of shafting Falcao and playing Wilson to do both he and Van Persies running.

matt23

I think we could merge RVP and Falcao's thread. Both have been woeful all season.

He clearly still has a decent finish in him but so do most of the ex pro's.

Status
Not open for further replies.