Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
I was a big fan of Van Persie during his first year at United, and if you want to feel the same, just watch again the season review, and you’ll see that he carried the team by himself.

Of course he had others very good players with him, but he had this special thing, the thing that made everything possible during a game. During big games, he always scored important goals, Arsenal home and away, Chelsea two goals away, Liverpool home and away and City away…

He was also terrific when the team was poor… He was our star man, and remember, Fergie saying that he was the catalyzer like Cantona… He was truly unstoppable

But he’s not anymore the player he was. He played 20 games, full games, and was only average, so I really hope that we can find a new number one upfront. I always told that he was making good runs, good work upfront, but he’s not decisive. We’re missing match winners, and he was one. Since he can’t be what he should be, I would like him to be whether our number 2 striker or even been part of an exchange for a top midfielder like Vidal or Pogba as Juve wanted him 2 years ago also

Kostur

海尔的老板
Good goal, set up Falcao in the first half, started a counter-attack that led to 2nd goal, been our best attacking player today I feel.

DevilRed

Great goal and its importance could not be understated. Made it look so easy too. Very difficult finish on the half volley while off balance. Top class from him today.

Sam

Good first half, lovely bit of skill to start the move for the Falcao goal. Also a quality, if completely unorthodox, finish for his goal.

Acole9

Outstanding
He played well, here's hoping that his confidence is fully back.

Raptori

Special needs
Went down the tunnel instead of onto the bench when he was subbed off. Wonder what that's all about :confused:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Bit of a meh performance again, really. His movement is still there, but the finishing was a bit erratic.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Did OK and a good assist, good movement too but finishing well below par.

Kazi

Thought it was his best performance this season minus the finishing. Made a lot of good runs. It is Cambridge though.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Thought it was his best performance this season minus the finishing. Made a lot of good runs. It is Cambridge though.
Southampton definitely was his best. That was RvP of old.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Time to replace him.
Don't think we should extend his contract either. If we do he should take a pay cut and happy to be a back up striker, we should be looking to phase him out.

Sam

He really could be in double figures from those little clipped balls over the top from Di Maria already.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
If I hadn't seen the game, I'd think he missed some sitters today judging on the comments :lol:

Didn't see his erratic finishes, only one header where he should've done better. Insane control and finish for the Di Maria chip, keeper made a good safe. Keeper also made good saves on some of Di Maria and Rooney's attempts, and then he missed a rather easy ball from outside the box by Wilson. Great for him that he scored though.

RVP had some ridiculous flicks and touches, idiots saying he's past it obviously missed those because their minds can't registerthem or something.

manutddjw

An alright performance from him, should've scored at least a goal today. Overall all I'm not too worried about him. If we can keep creating chances like we have these last couple of games, he'll probably get about 20 goals for us this season. His movement is still top class and you could see the desire to score goals from him.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
His movement was superb today, just one of those days for him, the goals will come.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

He wanted a goal today, but the chances he got werent the easiest. I think the team is working hard to spot RvP's runs, he can be deadly when you play him right.

Raw

He wasn't too bad, but I'd have Falcao and Rooney as strikers for our next game against West Ham.

Roman Bellic

Prick
An alright performance from him, should've scored at least a goal today. Overall all I'm not too worried about him. If we can keep creating chances like we have these last couple of games, he'll probably get about 20 goals for us this season. His movement is still top class and you could see the desire to score goals from him.
20 goals this season ? you expect him to score 11 goals in our remaining 19 games ? .... i hope so

Devil may care

Nice assist but more concerned with getting himself a goal than the team at times.

I hope he's not first choice striker next season.
Agreed, he should move into the Sheringham role with Rooney and a new partner up top.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He really could be in double figures from those little clipped balls over the top from Di Maria already.
They have had quite a good understanding with those passes, happens like every other game. I don't think Van persie has managed to score once from them though, a couple of seasons ago with the chances he's had, he would be around 20 goals for the season probably. Missed so many sitters already.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
If I hadn't seen the game, I'd think he missed some sitters today judging on the comments :lol:

Didn't see his erratic finishes, only one header where he should've done better. Insane control and finish for the Di Maria chip, keeper made a good safe. Keeper also made good saves on some of Di Maria and Rooney's attempts, and then he missed a rather easy ball from outside the box by Wilson. Great for him that he scored though.

RVP had some ridiculous flicks and touches, idiots saying he's past it obviously missed those because their minds can't registerthem or something.
The rebound from rooney's volley was a sitter, and he surely should have scored from one of the 3-4 chip passes he got in the box. Did alright, but he should have scored a couple.

VP

Apparently 11 attempted passes all game, if he's not scoring he has to be dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.