5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maroo

I thought he was quite alright in the second half with the link-up and hold-up play. He did well as the second striker when Wilson came on.

m1y2

I see your point he hasn't had a good season. But who has? In the current system and style I think very few strikers would struggle to play well.

The lack of chances we create is worrying. No wonder RVP and Falcao are struggling to find goals. At the start of the game we had Blind as our only midfielder, with Rooney, Januzaj and Di Maria moving into attack. Blind would then drop into a back 3 which left us with very few passing options. We looked a lot better when Herrera came on.

Once we sort the midfield out, we will start to create more chances and the strikers will bang them in.

I would go with a team like this for our next game:
----------------- De Gea ------------

Valencia-- Smalling-- Rojo-- Shaw

----------Blind------Herrera--------

Januzaj------Rooney------Di Maria

---------------Van Persie--------
I have no problem with line-up like this although Rafael on the right is debatable.. The problem with attack and lack of creating chances is that we need to feck the two strikers system off. It's bullshit and never worked with these particular strikers. Homer Simpson knows that one striker would do better in midfield to create chances or play two or at least one pacy striker up front and world class midfield (not actually strikers there)which we don't use. So on one hand yeah it's not only their fault but still I expect a lot better from such players. We are not creating a lot but we still have some chances and they need to finish it off. And they should also contribute more than hold the ball up which is really basics for strikers. They should also create chances on their own like Welbeck used to do with his movement and contribute to the team, which they don't do because they are simply old, slow and not capable of that. Van Persie had also poor season last season which we played on one striker.

And one more point - this is one of our biggest problems we have got too many players who need players around them to look better but are unable to provide quality or rise the team level.. So for me it's not the lack of chances, rather lack of quality there, we would play much better with someone like Aguero

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
He is rightly getting called out by more than one pundit for not putting a shift in and for me the suspicion remains that either his game is deteriorating or he just isn't bothered enough. I'm leaning towards a combination of the two ie I don't think he is the player he was a couple of years ago plus he gives the impression that he's still in semi-sulk mode. I don't know what the stats say but it seems to me the few chances we are getting are largely being squandered by an RVP who up to a couple of season ago would have been putting them away.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
He is rightly getting called out by more than one pundit for not putting a shift in and for me the suspicion remains that either his game is deteriorating or he just isn't bothered enough. I'm leaning towards a combination of the two ie I don't think he is the player he was a couple of years ago plus he gives the impression that he's still in semi-sulk mode. I don't know what the stats say but it seems to me the few chances we are getting are largely being squandered by an RVP who up to a couple of season ago would have been putting them away.
We created no chances last night for him. We also created nothing for Falcao. Only shot on goal between them was RVP's penalty.

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
We created no chances last night for him. We also created nothing for Falcao. Only shot on goal between them was RVP's penalty.
Yep agreed but it's not just about last night and how about we get in striker or two who can create something themselves.

Zoo

How many attacks has he ruined today? I'm fed up with him.

Roman Bellic

Prick
I can't believe fans still think he is elite, he is terrible by his standards - i have said this before but i will say it again - if we wanted a CF who works hard but doesn't score we should have kept Welbeck.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Getting rid of him and not signing Falcao this summer will do wonders.

kidbob

It's down to playing two strikers. We have no width, Rooney can't drop off deeper than RVP because Fellaini is in that space. We'd be so much better off with Adnan on the wing in a 4231 than having two strikers up there. RVP's play hasn't been great but it's so congested up top and we are way too narrow.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Time to go RVP....you're finished at this level more of s problem than an asset.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He is still our best forward at keeping the ball with his back but still it means absolutely nothing when he always keeps it for far too long and usually passes it all the way to the defence almost every time. His decision making is absolutely terrible.

Also, he is absolutely zero goal threat. I really don't see any point of him starting for us anymire, and I was big fan of him.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Couldn't even hit a barn door, we should play with one striker (Rooney).

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
has done very little to be fair. Rather have Mata on to play behind Rooney.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Really pissed off. Good performance ruined by our grandads up top.. arghhhhhhh

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
It's obvious he is not being played on merit but only because he is mates with the manager.
That's the most annoying thing about it, bet he still plays the next game despite this performance. Even more frustrating is that he kept him on but subbed Di Maria?

Revan

Assumptionman
I seriously hope I never see him again in our shirt. Shit, uninterested and selfish.

VP

Is there anything more infuriating in football than seeing him feck up and then smugly blow his nose onto the turf?

The Law of Denis

It's an absolute travesty that this guy is playing for us at the moment. He has been so incredibly terrible throughout the season. His instinct is gone, his pace is nonexistent. His first touch is terrible, his creativity uninspiring. For a vice captain he is a feeble leader and he has no presence or work ethic to trouble the defense. His finishing is a travesty, movement catastrophic and output appalling. I think his presence has a negative impact on the team.

He needs to be dropped.

Anyone watching Van Persie attempt to play football this season, in his current form, needs to be refunded their hard earned money. feck, if I had his performance in any day job, I'd be sacked. Just shit. Pure shit.

drdoityourself

He could do nothing wrong for me until this season. His attitude just seems the worst.And he is so negative when he holds the ball up, takes his usual five touches and then passes it back to the player who is furthest away from goal.

theyneverlearn

and this one probably never will
Shocking how he manages to stay on the pitch for 90 minutes when he puts in such a lacklustre performance.

LvG's managing of him is starting to grind on me, he needs to play the players in form, not his favourite pet.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Harsh to blame any individual but cant help but think he's a big reason we lost this game.

He's been shit recently to say the least.

WyoManU

LVG is known for making tough decisions and yet RVP still plays for us. Falco and RVP need to go. At least give Wilson the chance at some more game time to learn. We can buy in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.