Gaming Rocket League

Sweet Square

Yeah I can imagine it being a bit frustrating at first when you suck. Is there a single player mode for practising or anything?
Yeah you can play against the A.I in a match or there's also a pretty in depth training mode. I found the most time consuming thing was just learning the how to control the car both in the air and when dribbling with the ball. It's completely different to a normal football game like fifa, which I found frustrating at the start.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
That's cool :D

Rocket League looks fun, but at the same time I'm not sure how I'd like it. I should probably try it some time.
It's a great game. Pure machanical physical skill rather than RPG leveling

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Yeah you can play against the A.I in a match or there's also a pretty in depth training mode. I found the most time consuming thing was just learning the how to control the car both in the air and when dribbling with the ball. It's completely different to a normal football game like fifa, which I found frustrating at the start.
Cool, that sounds good.

I don't play Fifa, so I wouldn't have to get used to it feeling different, which would probably be good.

It's a great game. Pure machanical physical skill rather than RPG leveling
Nice one, that sounds good to me, I don't like having to level much and all that kinda stf

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Does anyone play this anymore? I do and wondered if anyone wanted to team up?

Member 39557

Yeah I can imagine it being a bit frustrating at first when you suck. Is there a single player mode for practising or anything?
There is.

It's a good game. I played it on the PS4 a few years back when it was a free download on ps+ but I let my pass expire. I downloaded it recently on the switch and it's still great fun. I'm not great at it, but ventured online and won my first couple of games. Definitely worth a go Olly.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Its one of two games i play, the other being FIFA. Im not bad at it when im concentrating so thats why i like it. Could team up one night, drop me a message its Maarty if you’re PS4. I play most nights 9.30pm uk time to 11.30

Heffo

I'm still playing as well.

Have people I play ranked with on PS4 but I'd be up for some games using my Steam account. Test out these new cross platform parties.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Now that cross-platform parties are a thing, I have decided to finally create the RedCafe Rocket League club. Search for the name "RedCafe" in order to join!

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Only option its giving me at the moment is create club, can’t see how to do it. I just left another club i was in so has that got anything to do with it?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
It has come to my attention that I need to be online and add all interested members into my party in order to recruit them into the club. If you are online, then I'd be happy to add you in right now.

Tagging @Camy89 for his attention.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
If we are to play games together as a club (cross-party or otherwise), I'd recommend everyone to join the Caf Discord server to talk to each other. PM me for invitations.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Thanks. I’m on nightshift at the moment but will look into this at the weekend.

How does the discord work? Can I be on it via the Internet through the PS4 or do I need to have my laptop beside me plugged into earphones (I usually use a headset and mic)

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
How does the discord work? Can I be on it via the Internet through the PS4 or do I need to have my laptop beside me plugged into earphones (I usually use a headset and mic)
I don't think it's on the PS4, but you can access it via your laptop or phone. I just discovered that cross-platform party chat is possible in Rocket League, but Discord chat may be more convenient for those of you who don't like chatting with a controller.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
With cross-platform parties now being a thing, I think I may set up another Rocket League tournament in the near future. Instead of having 1 winner, though, I was thinking of having multiple winners without setting up fixed teams. Let me know if you're interested!

Heffo

With cross-platform parties now being a thing, I think I may set up another Rocket League tournament in the near future. Instead of having 1 winner, though, I was thinking of having multiple winners without setting up fixed teams. Let me know if you're interested!
I'd play

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I downloaded this yesterday for the first time. It's great fun so I'd be up for that.

I'm still pretty crap though so I'll play on @VeevaVee's team.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Yes. I don't have time to organise anymore though but deffo!

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Okay, I tried playing around with Rocket League's own tournament feature, but nothing I can do could make it work, so I'll set up my own format. I'll be making a new thread soon for it, but I need to get a list of players who are interested in it. The number of players will influence the tournament's format.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Okay, I tried playing around with Rocket League's own tournament feature, but nothing I can do could make it work, so I'll set up my own format. I'll be making a new thread soon for it, but I need to get a list of players who are interested in it. The number of players will influence the tournament's format.
I can play either PS4 or XboxOne

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
There are 3 football clubs in Europe that have Rocket League teams: FC Servette, PSG, and now, Barcelona.

What are the chances that an English club would form a Rocket League team given the large English player base?

Bojan11

Epic have bought the developers. Not sure if it’s a good or bad thing yet.

Edit: Verge are claiming it won’t be available on Steam soon.

Last edited:

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
RLCS kicks off in NJ right now.

Anyone else watching it? Get free loot via drops if you're watching on stream and have it paired with your Ps4/Steam/Xbox account