6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr PG

It's beginning to look like Everton absolutely fleeced us. Just imagine, for a bit more we could have signed Griezmann.
Everton could not have fleeced us as they didn't want to sell either. There's always a premium to be paid when you take something from an unwilling seller.

We also can't underestimate the fatigue opponent defenders incur after sparring with an aggressive striker especially one as strong as Lukaku for 90mins. And he's 24 so there's another age premium. He will only get better...as he's already much better than he was when he went to Everton.

el3mel

I noticed something. Spend my summer in Morata thread, but the people who really wanted Morata, defend Lukaku the most.

Just the observation.
I'm one of those. I really wanted Morata more than Lukaku during the summer but once we signed Lukaku Morata became dead for me. Lukaku has his problems and he frustrated me a bit of time the previous games apart from Arsenal but he's our striker and our club's job is to help develop more and become the elite striker we all want. If he keeps on playing to his strengths like Arsenal game he'll come good, no doubt about that.

Last edited:

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I really wish his touch was just a little better. If he had that he'd be devastating. There have been several occasions when he's dribbling and he gets the ball trapped under his feet, killing his momentum and the attack. I refuse to believe he can't possibly improve this, but he needs to do it. Quickly.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
I'm one of those. I really wanted Morata more than Lukaku during the summer but once we signed Lukaku Morata became dead for me. Lukaku has his problems and he frustrated me a bit of time the previous games apart from Arsenal but he's our Arsenal and our club's job is to help develop more and become the elite striker we all want. If he keeps on playing to his strengths like Arsenal game he'll come good, no doubt about that.
Know that, didn't want to put names (raoul and roonster are one of them also :wenger:). Agree with you, Lukaku has his problems but that was evident before he joined us. I have feeling that people who complain never watched him before.

He plays out of his skin to make it here and he showed also signs of improvement. Whether that will be enough we will see, but you can't blame the effort.

Hoof the ball

He's playing well enough in this game. I do think, however, that we place too much emphasis on a player's need for confidence, as it were. It does seem to me that confidence players usually consist of technically inconsistent individuals who lack mental strength overall. Technically superior players also have periods of the same mental challenge, however, what maintains their consistency is their outright ability.

Hojoon

Really liked his goal. That's what he needs to do more, use his 200+ pound body better.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Even ignoring the goal, he's been working damn hard for the team in recent games.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Working so hard and now getting on the score sheet. But, biggest positivity is that his hold up/link up play massively improved in the last few games.

Eddy_JukeZ

Great performance. Hopefully a repeat to follow vs City, because we'll likely be facing lots of pressure and we'll need Lukaku to bully them when he gets the chance.

Fluctuation0161

Hopefully turned a corner just in time for City. He made a positive run just after scoring and seemed more confident. Fingers crossed he’s back! Could be massive for our congested fixtures in December.

el3mel

He really, really needed that goal. His confidence was clearly shot in front of the goal and this goal will restores it a bit before the derby.

Bobski

I have been critical but I thought the first 30 mins was the best he has looked as an all round footballer. The goal hopefully will set him off on a run again.

cyberman

He's one of our best at playing those little slide rule passes, at least as consistent as anybody else we have

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Really good all-round performance today. It' funny when given a yard of space he's a pretty good through ball passer. Excellent goal.

DRM

I'm glad he scored. He played well against Watford and arsenal too. Hope he manages to find the net against city! (And we win of course!)

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Was just saying he must be crying out for decent delivery into the box. Valencia and Herrera hit some terrible crosses into the box today. Pogba played a sumptuous pass and Lukaku duly obliged.

el3mel

Also the way he used his body in the goal was perfect. That what I expect from having a beast up front.

IrishRedDevil

Thank God for the goal, I think he really needed it for a confidence boost. Even though he has been playing fairly well without the goal output, all strikers are judged on goals and I'm sure that's how he rates his own performances.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
We will see a beast next season. Making of a classic centre forward in progress

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I have the same problem with lukaku like i had with rooney. I like him a lot. So when he plays bad, i find something what was good. But when he plays like today i am delighted.
And one thing i didn't know about him. He is really hard worker. He wasn't in everton like that.

Canagel

Lukaku scored in both games against City for Everton last season. Can he score again on Sunday? We will need him to produce a perfect performance.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Was just saying he must be crying out for decent delivery into the box. Valencia and Herrera hit some terrible crosses into the box today. Pogba played a sumptuous pass and Lukaku duly obliged.
I feel this is a big problem for us, the service to him is shocking at times. Honestly Coleman and Baines put in better crosses for him at Everton! We rarely get to the byline and put in a cross for him to attack, it's always either far too floaty or just nowhere near him, must be really frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.