Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Lukaku the 'donkey' has been carrying our attack through our poor performances in 2018. Meanwhile Martial has sulked in a corner because he can't play whenever he wants wherever he wants because Sanchez came in.

Lukaku has been moved to the wing several times this season, and has still looked the best attacker on the pitch. If we could clone Lukaku we would have a fantastic right winger on our hands.

Intelligent, hard working, physically gifted, a great player with the potential to be a fantastic player.

Cliche Guevara

Watched his YouTube highlights of this season so far and it was great! Some of his dribbles, passes, layoffs and crosses have been excellent and show he does have quite a lot to his game.

What annoyed me earlier in the season about him was he didn’t seem to use his strength much, and bully defenders. He seems to have added that to his game.

I’m getting the impression that after his goal drought he’s starting to realise that he deserves to be here and is one of our main players. He’s becoming more and more influential and I wonder if him being the one to give the interview after the Seville game is a turning point for him. He took responsibility and showed character to come out and face the cameras when a lot of the squad were hurting.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he was sensational next season.

promisedlanchiao

Rom’s start and current performances has further enhanced my thoughts on what I already knew - he is a top, top striker. The service into him at MUFC is pretty shocking and probably only the 4th best in the top 6, yet the man has still retained his reputation as a fantastic goalscorer in the hardest league in the world to score goals in. In addition to that, he is probably our best crosser and one of our best chance creators as well (imagine that?).

Further on, what about his leadership qualities? Brilliant player, future captain and hopefully our striker for at least the next 7 years.

P.S Saudi Arabia are screwed aren’t they? Worst record in World Cup history coming up for them perhaps. Keeper doesn’t even make an effort to save Rom’s shots.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Shite link up play they said. Couldn't be further from the truth.

He's fecking excellent. Needs to work on his first touch a bit more but that's easily rectified if he's willing.

Honestly, a steal for 75 million at 24 years of age. Imagine when he's fully settled at 26-27.

His work rate is unbelievable for a big guy. Future captain imo.

My POTY.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Good goal today! Think he was a big reason why we weren't as good late on though, Should've come off after an hour for Martial to save him.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
By getting on the score sheet early he opened the game up for us. Since Christmas he has been our best outfield performer and his goals have been key in several games.

My POTY.

Minimalist

Pretty standard performance from Lukaku. After the first 20 minutes he had little to do but great to finally get that 100th PL goal.

binary bot
Hate reading embarrassment on here but the reaction towards him after the City game was exactly that. Not a surprise he’s banging them in when you get players in and around him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Solid game, got a goal as usual. IMO there's been a massive change in him these last few months. The criticisms were very valid during his mid season rut, because not only did the goals dry up, but the performances weren't good. The last few months though he's been working hard off the ball, looking much more focused with all his actions on the ball and more consistent in his overall game and actually imposing his massive body properly, and then also getting the goals. Don't think it's just a confidence change, but more a change in his menality and attitude overall. Much more promising going forward anyway.

Stacks

Shite link up play they said. Couldn't be further from the truth.

He's fecking excellent. Needs to work on his first touch a bit more but that's easily rectified if he's willing.

Honestly, a steal for 75 million at 24 years of age. Imagine when he's fully settled at 26-27.

His work rate is unbelievable for a big guy. Future captain imo.

My POTY.
By getting on the score sheet early he opened the game up for us. Since Christmas he has been our best outfield performer and his goals have been key in several games.

My POTY.
Has to be De Gea. He has been the POTY in his position in the entire league where as Rom hasn't been the best attacker. Its all subjective though

promisedlanchiao

Rom is my POTY for sure. His storming form from August to September and from December to the present time is just impossible to ignore. Also, finishing has not been a problem for him most of the time but his first touch and hold-up play has significantly improved as well in these past few months. One of our best chance creators as well with his cute passes between the centre backs which they aren't able to read, letting our players get on to them.

On a side note, good performance today again. Great cross and a fantastically taken goal. Well in Rom!

Reactions: Penna

haram

Solid game, got a goal as usual. IMO there's been a massive change in him these last few months. The criticisms were very valid during his mid season rut, because not only did the goals dry up, but the performances weren't good. The last few months though he's been working hard off the ball, looking much more focused with all his actions on the ball and more consistent in his overall game and actually imposing his massive body properly, and then also getting the goals. Don't think it's just a confidence change, but more a change in his menality and attitude overall. Much more promising going forward anyway.
People were calling him a trash shit donkey. Those comments were not warranted. Constructive criticism yes, with considerations to our general play and build up which affected him as well. Players are allowed to have bad games. There were games where he played well but didn’t score and his team mates let him down.

adamwest

He's not the subtlest or sexiest striker in the world that's for sure, but there's no doubt i'd have him in my 11 every week. Got so much in his locker, and he's only 24. Beast!

Ashley R1+O

Superb again, worked his balls off and never gave up. Could have had another bar a fantastic save. He's set to surpass Zlatan for goals as well as bringing his team mates into play and linking up in a fast forward fluid system much much better. Happy days, couldn't have gotten nailed that that one any better from Jose!

Devil may care

Good all around performance, he should have had another goal but he was probably surprised to see more than one chance come his way in a single half.

haram

Also, the first half and his link up play in general is proof he can be the number 9 in a 'fluid' front line that some people still go on about.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I’m calling it, Rom is our player of the season. DDG a close second and the rest a long way behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.