Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
Really poor game from him, the goal bailed him out so he deserves some praise particularly for converting the only chance he had. Shameful services he got today but happy for him to score again

OldSchoolManc

Good performance again, despite the misplaced passes in the 2nd half.
An example to Pogba. He could certainly learn a thing or two about effort and playing for the team from Lukaku.

Art Vandelay

Another game where he's given one chance to score. The service to him all season has been appalling.

It's a real credit to him that he's scored 25 goals this season.
The ironic part being that when he was getting service at the start of the season and missed the ocassional sitter he got ripped apart for it. Now he's scoring despite us creating nothing and doesn't seem to get much credit.

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
He’s absolutely mint. Love his passion.

I’m impressed and I have also seen his overall play improve this season

fergosaurus

You can tell he's got the drive and mentality to be world class. He's came out of his dry patch a better player.

Stretfordender

Great attitude on the lad, can’t be easy being a striker at the moment in this team, given the lack of chances we create, but fair play his desire, willingness to chase and passion is there for everyone to see.

AndyJ1985

One of the few players I'm really happy with this season. He's doing well and always trying.

Return of the Manc

The only player to never be dropped; allowed to lose and find his form & is allowed to play in his natural position.

Easy money for Jose; only if he could manage the others the same way as his favourites.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
The only player to never be dropped; allowed to lose and find his form & is allowed to play in his natural position.

Easy money for Jose; only if he could manage the others the same way as his favourites.
Or maybe the fact is that even when not playing well, he still offers what Jose asks of him tactically and puts an effort in. Jose will give chances to players who deserve them.

The White Pele

There were question marks over his mentality at Everton but he’s banished any doubts I had.

He’s setting an example for the rest of the team.

Return of the Manc

Or maybe the fact is that even when not playing well, he still offers what Jose asks of him tactically and puts an effort in. Jose will give chances to players who deserve them.
Absolute rubbish. Jose likes his certain type of players & will give those players a free gateway in to heaven. Lukaku was never dropped, allowed to find his form & keep his form whilst everyone else around was made to do just the opposite. Lukaku was played upfront in his own position; a ST with a team that gets the best out of him whilst players like Rashford & Martial are played out on every wing imaginable to man. Jose and his 4231 is fixed & that includes Lukaku upfront; for that reason and Lukaku's own abilities - he has overcome & sustained some form.

Only if Jose would be bothered to be flexible & utilise that towards the other players.

By the way; the same thing happened with Lingard when he was played in his best position within a formation that gets the best out of him.

2 seasons on he has about 4 players out of 11 that he can say he has done that too- not purely because the squad is sh*t; but because the manager cannot utilise players that are not to his very fixed style - which he described as mentality and what not that I am sure Sevilla have a lot of.

Ashley R1+O

He has the right mentality and that is obvious. You can see Jose value's the mental strength of his players.

Great night, great goal. Put it over his shoulder and BANG.

He can’t be any worse than fecking Valencia. He’s probably the worst club captain that I can remember in the last 30 years.
Agreed, no idea how Valencia is even starting at fullback let alone the skipper. Dearth of options I guess. Lukaku is still probably two years and some more experience away from being skipper though. Really shows the under the skin layer of rot in the squad that our leadership group consists of players like Smalling, Valencia and Paul Pogba.

Last edited:

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Worst game for a while and still notched.

RedCurry

Thumping header for that goal. But today he was really poor with the ball at his feet. Of course a part of it is because the lack of movement from the wing but he should really do a lot better

Ace of Spades

This.

I like Lukaku myself, but you have to wonder how he would respond if he got dropped regularly irrespective of performances, or was moved around and asked to play in other positions to accomodate someone else.

Basically, it is easy to say he has a great attitude when the manager has been very loyal to him, even when his form has been poor.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I keep saying this every week but with better wingers and fullbacks he is going to be lethal,our service from wide areas is just abysmal

Denis79

What a personality and player we have in this lad. He embodies the United spirit for me, he honestly does.

Prodigy24

Random opinion but I really wish that he still had his dreads. Looked so badass.

Anyway, he's been in great form these past few months, which has been very important for the team since others are not performing at all. Did not have his best game today but scored a good goal which was his 25th for the season. Five more and two more assists and this will be a brilliant first season in United for him.

Dobba

This.

I like Lukaku myself, but you have to wonder how he would respond if he got dropped regularly irrespective of performances, or was moved around and asked to play in other positions to accomodate someone else.

Basically, it is easy to say he has a great attitude when the manager has been very loyal to him, even when his form has been poor.
He does. He gets dragged out wide to put crosses in because half our players would struggle to cross a road.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Its a joke to say that Lukaku gets the benefit of playing whenever and wherever he wants. It's very easy to notice, that Lukaku has earned the privilege!

- Lukaku is our best right winger
- Lukaku regularly plays as a defender to cover for players that don't track back (usually Martial and Pogba, and sometimes after a corner when the defenders are up for the corner).

He is the first player that will sacrifice his role for the sake of the team!

engulfing

He has been our best final passer in the final third and that says alot about the rest of our attackers. He has improved since the star of the season and that's really all one can ask of a player.

SER19

We talk about attitude a lot and sometimes it seems too simple to put our failings down to attitude.

Lukaku is a player that proves how important it is. He is visibly fighting for everything, working harder, celebrating like it all actually means something. He’s a real positive at the moment and I think will just keep improving with us

LLMU

I keep saying this every week but with better wingers and fullbacks he is going to be lethal,our service from wide areas is just abysmal
A few months back I was saying how static he was when we put crosses in as he keeps staying at the back post. But looking at him now, if crosses are whip in high and to the far post he will get to the end of it, he can be dangerous. We definitely needs an upgrade to our fullback next season.

stevoc

I think the same most games he gets very little service. Put him in the United team 20 years ago with Beckham , Giggs, Neville and Irwin and he gets 40-50 goals a season easily.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
As someone who was very sceptical of his signing, he’s been one of, if not the only consistent performer during this turbulent, tumultuous couple of weeks.

If crisis brings out your true colours, he’s done more than anyone to win over doubters like me.

I may not yet be fully convinced... but I’m definitely on his side.

Frank Grimes

Really good to see him win over a lot of his critics. I have always liked him, despite some of his limitations he is and has pretty much always been a consistent goalscorer. Can't wait to see Sanchez hit some form and link up with him more.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
As someone who was very sceptical of his signing, he’s been one of, if not the only consistent performer during this turbulent, tumultuous couple of weeks.

If crisis brings out your true colours, he’s done more than anyone to win over doubters like me.

I may not yet be fully convinced... but I’m definitely on his side.
Agreed. He's a good lad and technically I'm seeing progress.

AmanNits04

His all round game has improved a lot, his foot work is getting sleak too. Very happy with the seqsse he is having. Next season will be even better.

Akshay

Staff
He's been a 1 goal in 2 games striker for most of his career now, not sure why people expect him to suddenly be banging in 40+ per season. 30 goals would be an excellent return for a striker and he should get there or thereabouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.