6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoaquinJoaquin

Excellent last night, and I am very pleased with his form over the last month. The one positive from last night.

LARulz

He genuinely is captain material.
Agreed. Pogba no longer seems it. He doesn't seem to visably show the same emotion. Normally I don't think emotion is a key attribute to being a captain - work rate and leading by example is. Unfortunately Pogba goes missing too often both in a playing sense and seemingly in a vocal sense. Lukaku at least is vocal no matter what

Handré1990

Only player who gets a pass from the game. Worked hard, obviously cared about the game, and had some moments of individual brilliance.

Djemba-Djemba

When he says players were hiding last night who does he mean?

You'd think he's talking about Pogba but they're mates arent they? Have they fallen out?

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
When he says players were hiding last night who does he mean?

You'd think he's talking about Pogba but they're mates arent they? Have they fallen out?
He went on to state, in an Instagram post:

"Hiding your face when you're upset in the dressing room is normal"

Many feel he back tracked from the comments he made on TV. Dont think what he said was bad, at all.

Djemba-Djemba

He went on to state, in an Instagram post:

"Hiding your face when you're upset in the dressing room is normal"

Many feel he back tracked from the comments he made on TV. Dont think what he said was bad, at all.
No I think he was dead right. People were hiding. It's a shame if he's backtracked, he is the only guy who can look back at last night and be satisfied.

sugar_kane

He's our player our season.

People will say Dave because he's our best player, yes, but Rom has worked harder than anyone all season and is the only outfield player consistently working to contribute to the team.

RuudTom83

I think Rom has come from the dressing room so the ‘hiding’commeng will have been mentioned by Jose imo.

I doubt Rim would come out with that otherwise.

Unam333

Nothing against Lukaku, but, ideally for the current United team, I'd have liked to see a striker who can create his own chances.

I was and I still am quite critical of him, however, as strange as it may seen he is, next to De Gea, my favorite player.
De Gea is sheer class, Lukaku has the passion and fire. I absolutely love that about him. The only player in our current squad who is like that and he isn't even a local lad.

Yeah, basically I want him to succeed here.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Nothing against Lukaku, but, ideally for the current United team, I'd have liked to see a striker who can create his own chances.

I was and I still am quite critical of him, however, as strange as it may seen he is, next to De Gea, my favorite player.
De Gea is sheer class, Lukaku has the passion and fire. I absolutely love that about him. The only player in our current squad who is like that and he isn't even a local lad.

Yeah, basically I want him to succeed here.
I think he’s starting to get better in that regard. He’s not necessarily a Rooney-type who’s going to drop deep and pick up the ball from midfield, but when he is getting the ball punted up to him in the air he’s using his physicality to a greater extent and creating chances out of relatively little sometimes when it previously felt like we were having to create an absolutely perfect chance for him to have a decent chance of scoring. Plus he’s using his physicality to intimidate opposition defenders/press them when they’re on the ball which is helping him to create more chances where previously there’d have been none.

Jngun

We have to build our team around this guy & give him all the services. Often i see our player try to take all the glory instead of servicing him when he was clearly in better position . While Zlatan gets all the nice pass , lukaku is feeding on scraps , could have score more if people treat him like zlatan

Why would Zlatan receive the better service ? We've had nearly the same players this year than last.
Because our players respect him so much. They see him and immediately pass to him. The stats guy here can compare how many chances he got vs lukaku to prove it. Lukaku hasn't yet to get the same respect but he should for the sake of our teams

Last edited:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
We have to build our team around this guy & give him all the services. Often i see our player try to take all the glory instead of servicing him when he was clearly in better position . While Zlatan gets all the nice pass , lukaku is feeding on scraps , could have score more if people treat him like zlatan
Why would Zlatan receive the better service ? We've had nearly the same players this year than last.

Ashley R1+O

Before this is taken out of context..

This guy is nailed on captain material. I guarantee he will wear the armband at our club. Love him to bits, works hard and wants the best for his club and the fans. Couldn't have asked for a better number 9 for us, long may the goals continue!

Web of Bissaka

Because our players respect him so much. They see him and immediately pass to him. The stats guy here can compare how many chances he got vs lukaku to prove it. Lukaku hasn't yet to get the same respect but he should for the sake of our teams
Service is roughly the same, Zlatan last season and Lukaku this season.

Think you should consider the quality of each of the 2 players for that one. Zlatan's movements, link-up plays and abilities to create chances himself is much much better than Lukaku, who relies more on quality deliveries yet improving in those three areas with potential to be even better.

Also, consider the understanding between Pogba and Zlatan, compare to Pogba and Lukaku, big clear difference.
Additionally, the number of games Pogba have missed. The guy is chances creator maestro.

Edit: But yes, Mourinho is building the team around him, as he should. Although it's not Lukaku FC though. :D Sanchez is another supplier that should feed Lukaku more. Early season, Mourinho did planned to get another supplier Perisic, but now we have Sanchez, no need.

ti vu

I saw people talk about captain material thing recently. I wonder how you guys think of what makes United captain.

Traub

I saw people talk about captain material thing recently. I wonder how you guys think of what makes United captain.
Someone who gives a feck about this club - and there aren’t many of those in the squad

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
This guy is nailed on captain material. I guarantee he will wear the armband at our club. Love him to bits, works hard and wants the best for his club and the fans. Couldn't have asked for a better number 9 for us, long may the goals continue!
He can’t be any worse than fecking Valencia. He’s probably the worst club captain that I can remember in the last 30 years.

Kapardin

Its' insane how his all-round play has improved in a matter of months. I could swear he wasn't this good at the start of the season. Props to the big guy, hopefully he keeps it up.

BlahRules

He can’t be any worse than fecking Valencia. He’s probably the worst club captain that I can remember in the last 30 years.
That would go to Wayne Rooney. Who did nothing of note but shout at everyone when he is the worst player during his tenure as a captain.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
I'm always surprised when i notice that he's still under 30, feels like he's been around for ages already.
He's still only 24!

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
:devil: Good age, still not yet in his prime, and we can get 5-6 good seasons out of him.
Exactly! Hope he takes care of himself, and don't slow down like Rooney when he got close to 30.

Fridge chutney

Been our best player since end of January. Looking the part. Now hopefully he can lift his teammates to his level.

Man Utd 2:0 Brighton

el3mel

Scrap all the talk about potential and talent. Lukaku is by far our best player in general, and our only attacker that does his job week in week out. He's not the most flashy but he's our only big signing that has been delivering.

Eddy_JukeZ

He's been good lately, but he was misfiring all over the place in the 2nd half.

Can't fault his effort though. He works harder than a lot of our players. And he's scoring loads lately.

Raw

I read that only Rooney, Ronaldo, RVP, Ibra and Lukaku had 25 goals for us at this stage in the last 14 years. Can't be bothered to check if that's true or not, but he's been really good for us since that dry spell.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Love this guy.

Devil may care

Got a goal and his attitude was on point as always, but I thought he was really careless with his passing tonight.

GeorgieBoy

Not his best performance but he's allowed to be slightly off-par given his recent form. You can just tell by the way he acts during and after the game that he cares and is a winner.

Djemba-Djemba

Another game where he's given one chance to score. The service to him all season has been appalling.

It's a real credit to him that he's scored 25 goals this season.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I read that only Rooney, Ronaldo, RVP, Ibra and Lukaku had 25 goals for us at this stage in the last 14 years. Can't be bothered to check if that's true or not, but he's been really good for us since that dry spell.
Makes sense. Neither one of Tevez, Berba, Saha or Chica scored more than 21/22 in a season, IIRC.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Watching him live, he was tracking so much defensively. Quite a few times he covered that RB spot. Don't think he had his greatest game but buried the biggest chance he got. Would be really sweet if he can hit 30 this season.

haram

Play Rashford or Martial upfront instead because it will be more 'fluid'.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Another game where he's given one chance to score. The service to him all season has been appalling.

It's a real credit to him that he's scored 25 goals this season.
My player of the season for United!

Play Rashford or Martial upfront instead because it will be more 'fluid'.
If Lukaku is a donkey, I have no idea what Martial is.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
2 goals away from scoring the most he has ever in a full season. Little shy on Premer League goals this year but certainly not bad. He's been such a great signing and he genuinely can be a captain of this club.

Raw

Watching him live, he was tracking so much defensively. Quite a few times he covered that RB spot. Don't think he had his greatest game but buried the biggest chance he got. Would be really sweet if he can hit 30 this season.
Minimum of 9 games left (8 league, 1 FA Cup). Hope he gets the extra 5 he needs.

Raw

2 goals away from scoring the most he has ever in a full season. Little shy on Premer League goals this year but certainly not bad. He's been such a great signing and he genuinely can be a captain of this club.
It helps that he's in more competitions (and going further in the cups) than he did at WBA and Everton. Still good mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.