6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Denis79

As much as I agree with your views on racism I’m not sure I can agree with this being that general. Most sensible people won’t hesitate to give any athlete their share of any recognition regardless race.
Maybe because you're sensible aswell and can't understand the reasoning behind it. I'll never forget when Serena Williams was booed for no other reason than the she was a black athlete dominating a historically white dominated sport. There's shit like this all around sports.

edgar allan

Maybe because you're sensible aswell and can't understand the reasoning behind it. I'll never forget when Serena Williams was booed for no other reason than the she was a black athlete dominating a historically white dominated sport. There's shit like this all around sports.
Or maybe because she had pulled out of the previous match 4 mins before it started to let her sister through?

You are undermining the seriousness of racism with these examples.

Denis79

Or maybe because she had pulled out of the previous match 4 mins before it started to let her sister through?

You are undermining the serious of racism with these examples.
I apologize, had no memory of that at all. Still believe that black athletes need to do better than others for recognition. Atleast here where I live I know it's a fact.

edgar allan

I apologize, had no memory of that at all. Still believe that black athletes need to do better than others for recognition. Atleast here where I live I know it's a fact.
I am not trying to underplay the racism that exists in all sports but in this case I do not believe that any criticism or lack of praise of Lukaku is motivated to any large extent by racism.
You only have to look at the praise for Dele Alli to counter that

Canagel

Sorry but race is an absolute red herring in this debate.

Lukaku has improved greatly in his touch this season and you can see that in his play this last few months but the reason his technical ability is not considered alongside the players you mentioned is because he is not as talented as them full stop. His skin colour has nothing to do with any criticisms that were made.
He is proving a lot of his early season critics wrong ( including myself and Lukaku has out performed Morata in most facets this year . Morata has more guile and touch on the ball but hasn't shown anywhere near the consistency of Lukaku. Holding that view has absolutely nothing to do with race and it is ridiculous in my opinion to throw that accusation out.

http://therepublikofmancunia.com/powerful-pogba-and-unintelligent-lukaku/

A-man

I think that during his non-scoring period, he was too often too far away from goal, working hard to win the ball. It is nice with hard working forward, but not if that stops them from being in front if goal, ready to toe in that ball. Maybe getting Sanchez to the team has made him change his game style, because now he right in front of goal much more again. I

Denis79

Darmae

He drops deep, drifts wide and has too many assists to be a poacher.
Thats why he doesn't really shoot from outside the box, he's holding it up or plays the little through balls instead.
This. He hardly ever shoots from outside the box. he's mostly searching for a teammate to pass the ball to. As opposed to other more selfish strikers who shoot from any distance or angle. Like Ronaldo (but he's allowed to do it), Kane (but he has a great strike) and in our team Rashford. If Rashford would only use his pace and technique to pass his defender and actually cross the ball to Lukaku or whoever is in the box instead of cutting inside and going for the (not very) surprising shot.

Last edited by a moderator:

JMack1234

I'll be honest I had my doubts when we first got him. I wanted Morata and concerned that Lukaku was a flat track bully who wasn't what we wanted from a United no.9.

My word I was wrong. He's been exceptional this season in my opinion, his link up play has improved leaps and bounds and we can all see what a good footballer he is. He also looks like a really good leader on the pitch. I'm a convert to the church of Big Rom.

el3mel

Not at his best today but he earned a bad game after several great showing in previous matches.

Bobski

Technique was off today but it was such a random ass game overall. Utd showed great character and will to come back but never really found a great flow to the play.

He has turned up in big games recently, it was the time for Pogba and Sanchez to pick up the slack, and so they did.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Thought he was utter shite today, he was great against Liverpool and Chelsea so I won't hold it against him.

kundalini

Absolutely terrible. Even when the rest of the team had woken up in the 2nd half, he was still ruining moves with poor touches, bad passes and a cross out of play.

Amazed he wasn't substituted. Kept misjudging De Gea's clearance so they went narrowly over his head, despite having ages to adjust. Inability to press made things even worse.

Last edited:

Mindhunter

Had a forgettable day today. I was very surprised that Mourinho stuck with him for the whole 90 minutes. Couldn't get at the end of long balls, couldn't make simple passes, and hardly got on the ball.

Definitely didn't do anything to dispell the flat-track bully accusations.

cyberman

Kompany is a beast. Lukaku v Kompany is the new Ronaldo v Cole.
The defenders strengths just nullified the attacker, its just how it is

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
Had a forgettable day today. I was very surprised that Mourinho stuck with him for the whole 90 minutes. Couldn't get at the end of long balls, couldn't make simple passes, and hardly got on the ball.

Already dispelled them.

breakout67

Supports
Man City

LOL

el3mel

Good morning. You were surely out of watching football for about 2 months or something.

Jinn

Has the worst touch. Squandered so many positive moves in the game due to this.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I hate the way that he never gets substituted no matter how he plays. It would be great if there was a bit more rotation to give the likes of Martial the last half hour of games etc.

R'hllor

I hate the way that he never gets substituted no matter how he plays. It would be great if there was a bit more rotation to give the likes of Martial the last half hour of games etc.
Its nothing new for JM, there are plenty of examples in the past. Its really something else how he sees a players with a experience vs young ones and the difference in trust based on it. On top of that if you are his guy or (in majority cases buy), that player is almost untouchable, regardless of form.

Litch

Not his game today and I think Jose should have started with Rashford or Martial through the middle. I think Jose next season needs to rotate Rom more before he burns him out....

Silas

Thought he was pretty poor. Not sure how he was the one attacker that avoided being subbed.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
With the way he's played recently you can't hold the performance against him. His inability to judge aerial balls is seriously embarrassing though. If the coaches can't train that into him then we really should just figure out a different long ball option!

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Some of his touches today were genuinely terrible, ruined one counter where we would have been 2.vs.2.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
With the way he's played recently you can't hold the performance against him. His inability to judge aerial balls is seriously embarrassing though. If the coaches can't train that into him then we really should just figure out a different long ball option!
It's shocking how bad it is. Like so many of them were just laughable. His performances have improved loads, but I feel like reading high balls (improving from the level he is) can't be that difficult. That alone would improve his ability to play as a target man on occasion when we do the long balls

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Extremely poor today. Not a single thing came off for him and the abysmal touch was out on full show.

Walters_19_MuFc

Wasnt great today. City push high and Otamendi and Kompany are front foot, aggressive defenders, which is what Lukaku struggles with.

He is improving, though. Today was just a bad day for Rom.

Status
Not open for further replies.