6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

promisedlanchiao

I think that's the problem, people expect an unreasonable amount from him. We'll not even discuss United's attacking prowess and leave that as an aside - Lukaku (to me) is more the Benzema level striker you have in your side. He's going to be a threat and he'll get goals regularly but he's not going to top charts (or at least not every season). You need more goals to come from elsewhere.

I think the price-tag has given people the wrong idea.
Lukaku has been brilliant this season, scoring goals and creating chances. How could you even compare him to benzema, who has scored about 5 goals this season?

Kostov

I don’t see this «working his socks off»-thing people are talking about. I think Lukaku is pretty lazy and sluggish most of the time, too heavy to move his body around quickly like Rashford, Firmino and Sanchez - I don’t see the effect. I also see bad body language in every game, stopping runs when not getting the ball and just standing there pointing to god knows what. You say he has a great attitude, I think it’s pretty average.
Lukaku is literally one of the few forwards who shouldn't be described as lazy. Comparing him to Firmino is fair enough, but the brazilian is one if not the forward who does the most dirty work among the attackers at top clubs in Europe. He is a heavy forward with different style compared to the likes of Firmino/Sanchez who will always look sluggish compared to them, if we try to paint a different picture we should compare him to the Lewandowski/Kane/Costa types who I wouldn't say are doing as much as Lukaku. And I don't even want to compare his attitude to Sanchez and Rashford, Sanchez is literally the worst when it comes to throwing his arms when a ball doesn't come to him, and Rashford is still a kid yet but sometimes he looks like he is trying to copy Ronaldo too much.

I maintain what I said, I think he has a great attitude, unselfish and puts the team first, comes about as a smart bloke and a still young player with self awareness to work on his flaws and improve.

On thing is for certain though, I couldn’t care less if he runs 5k every game as long as he scores almost every game. People are comparing him to Zlatan (who in all honesty didn’t do that well for us) and RVP, but the point isn’t valid anymore. We arent’t stuck in the 90’s and there is a new world; we play what’s in front of us and Man United must always have a striker that matches the other strikers in the league. This season he is far behind the others in terms of scoring goals - I really hope he rectifies this issue next season.
I completely agree, Manchester United should have the best players in their respective positions. It is also very important to be realistic, who we might have got that would have been better for us? Kane? Yeah definitely, but we couldn't get him even for 200m pounds, and if Rashford ever becomes good enough to lead the line he will get his chance and that position will be his, no doubt. Yes he is behind other in terms of goals, but we as a team are behind others in attacking play and creating chances, as soon as we improve on that Lukaku will put up with 25 goals in the league without problems.

Lukaku, with all his limitations compared to other modern strikers, needs 25 goals in the league. He also needs to stay hungry for 90 minutes; not scoring more than one goal in a league game after GW1 is poor - strikers live for goals, goals, goals. Increase that 0,5 gpg ratio and I will shut up next season, I promise.
He will, and let's hope you stay by what you said. :lol:

Kostur

海尔的老板
People are comparing him to Zlatan (who in all honesty didn’t do that well for us) and RVP, but the point isn’t valid anymore.
Apart from everything else that you've said and that I don't agree with, the bolded part is probably the most laughable for me. Zlatan in his first season scored 28 goals and assisted 10 times, RVP scored 30 and assisted 15, played 200 minutes less than Zlatan. It's not a big margin and RVP is often said to have carried our team (rightfully so), whereas Zlatan 'didn't do that well for us'? Apart from one playing in a far better functioning team under a better manager, Zlatan would've probably broken RVP's goals record if he didn't get injured in bloody April.

Danny Roberts

RVN and RVP were also our PK takers, that also boosted their stats. We used to be lot more attacking and even lot of penalties back then.

Yeah Lukaku had very good season. Hopefully he will reach 40 goals and assists this season.
He's had a very good season. My Dad is a Toffee so I watched them a lot and to be honest I expected him to do even better for us but yup, always gonna be a struggle in a defensive side. How many would he have got at City? More than Aguero? Quite probably.

Regards the comparisons with the other two strikers, as well as the fact of playing in more attacking sides and taking penalties, they were also in their peak in terms of age, both (I think!) older than Rom.

To me, however you cut it, he's done really well. In terms of the fee, whoever said selling him would be an issue is having a laugh. He was a bargain compared to subsequent fees!

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
If he was 15 mllion people would be saying he is the signing of the season. Contributed 35 goals and assists this season and we still have 6-7 games to play. He is least of our problems.
Not really, no. He fukked up big against City which tilted the title in their favour. He costed us 2 goals in that game alone. He never comes up clutch against any of the big sides when we REALLY need him (minus the Chelsea game at home).

With a better striker, we would be putting in a better challenge at the title right now. I like him, but deep down inside we know he's not Manchester United starting striker quality. He may be in the next 2 years, but he's not right now and odds on to not be.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Not really, no. He fukked up big against City which tilted the title in their favour. He costed us 2 goals in that game alone. He never comes up clutch against any of the big sides when we REALLY need him (minus the Chelsea game at home).

With a better striker, we would be putting in a better challenge at the title right now. I like him, but deep down inside we know he's not Manchester United starting striker quality. He may be in the next 2 years, but he's not right now and odds on to not be.
Yeah, that game titled the title, not City's incredible form when they smashed all the teams.

Re big teams.

Goal and assist vs City
assist vs Liverpool
Assist vs Spurs
Involved in 2 goals against Arsenal, 1 where he played good pass before Martial laid it off to Lingard.

Yeah if not for Lukaku we would be challenging for league title, nothing to do with our lack of wingers, poor contributions from full backs, ever changing second CB.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
Yeah, that game titled the title, not City's incredible form when they smashed all the teams.

Re big teams.

Goal and assist vs City
assist vs Liverpool
Assist vs Spurs
Involved in 2 goals against Arsenal, 1 where he played good pass before Martial laid it off to Lingard.

Yeah if not for Lukaku we would be challenging for league title, nothing to do with our lack of wingers, poor contributions from full backs, ever changing second CB.
That's really cool, but when you compare Lukaku to our other title winning strikers, the gulf in class is there to see. And yes, gifting City that win was a 6-pointer game. You have to shine in those moments, and his moments come against the smaller teams - more often than not. You are a rooney fan so I guess you can accept mediocrity and not playing to a particular level.

Those other areas we can definitely improve on, but we need a top striker. Lukaku as much as I like him, has been average to below average overall.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
So he officially left Raiola?

Mino Raiola's impact on United is steadily diminishing. Pogba's the only client he has left at United now, right? I doubt Jose will be dissapointed.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
That's really cool, but when you compare Lukaku to our other title winning strikers, the gulf in class is there to see. And yes, gifting City that win was a 6-pointer game. You have to shine in those moments, and his moments come against the smaller teams - more often than not. You are a rooney fan so I guess you can accept mediocrity and not playing to a particular level.

Those other areas we can definitely improve on, but we need a top striker. Lukaku as much as I like him, has been average to below average overall.
:lol: Make a rubbish point and then make one more irrelevant one.

Danny Roberts

Are you just trolling? Either that or you have a very different view to most people, which is ok but I totally disagree with you.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Contributed 35 goals and assists this season and we still have 6-7 games to play. He is least of our problems.
In all comps that is a good figure. However, only 16 goals in 32 PL games so far this year. Not exactly bad, but not amazing.

AshRK

Never thought scoring 27 goals in his first season would be considered below average. We are 2nd because of the team , not because of one player. Yes he had a mare against city at OT but every player has a bad game , it is for other players to step up and deliver. He has done his job effectively well. He is far from the concern, we have other major concerns like in our defence and with our winger,.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Never thought scoring 27 goals in his first season would be considered below average. We are 2nd because of the team , not because of one player. Yes he had a mare against city at OT but every player has a bad game , it is for other players to step up and deliver. He has done his job effectively well. He is far from the concern, we have other major concerns like in our defence and with our winger,.
And there's also a few games left and he's already equalled Ibra's total and is 3 goals off from equalling Van Persie's total. So there's a good chance of him outscoring both those players. He's getting treated unfairly this season. I would like him to have a few more goals in the league, but he's been a big success in my opinion.

RedDevil@84

That's really cool, but when you compare Lukaku to our other title winning strikers, the gulf in class is there to see
RvP top scorer 30 in all competitions in 2012/13
Berbatov top scorer with 21 goals in 2010/11

Lukaku is on 27 and we have some more matches left.

United_We_Stand

I also tend to believe this new relationship with Roc Nation won't affect Lukaku's relationship with Raiola.
"Over in Belgium, Het Nieuwsblad believe the new relationship doesn’t end the Raiola link, saying: ‘The deal with Roc Nation Sports is purely about his commercial interests on the other side of the pond.’"

laughtersassassin

RvP top scorer 30 in all competitions in 2012/13
Berbatov top scorer with 21 goals in 2010/11

Lukaku is on 27 and we have some more matches left.

Overall comps he is doing well but in terms of the league, he pretty much needs to almost double his contribution next season for us to be in with a shot at the title.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Just a real shame he had that wobble around Christmas, he has been great before and after.

JohnnyKills

I think he's done well, but his goals are heavily concentrated against the small teams. We need him to kick on against the bigger clubs next year, or we rotate him with rashford or martial (if he stays) when we play a top team.

paulscholes18

Overall comps he is doing well but in terms of the league, he pretty much needs to almost double his contribution next season for us to be in with a shot at the title.
16 in 33 isn’t enough as a lone frontman, RVP scored 26, Berbatov scored 20 (11 were in 3 games though)

Icemav

He is my favorite player in the team presently. A massive difference maker. Perhaps the hardest working striker in the league. When things click a bit more for the team his stats will be huge.

el3mel

His main job is to score goals - let's not try mask it another way.
Very simplistic way to look at strikers. In the league game when we lost 2-0 against them, Kane was brilliant even though he didn't score anyway.

DRM

I thought he was poor, I was hoping Martial would come on in place of him

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Another big game without a goal, that is slightly concerning in terms of next season

ash_86

Was a handful for their CB's. Lots of Airballs to chase and did that promptly. Ran channels really well and gave everything until the final whistle. He provides so much to the game other than goals and can see why Mourinho plays him constantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.