Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Acole9

Outstanding
Nice cameo, good finish and his best ever goal tally for a season and I'm sure he'll get a few more.

haram

He is perfect for counter attacks if we could get our transitions right.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
Lukaku signed for JayZ’s sporting agency a couple months ago.

Scores and does the roc (aka illumanit) sign ...rock nation sports.. :nervous:

Sylar

We need to buy width / players who can cross to get even more out of him next season. He's scored a few good headers this season but it's mad that we haven't delivered enough for him given he's close to 30 goals.

Kostur

海尔的老板
By no means was it a perfect ball from Pogba, he's done incredibly well to be in a full stride and still find that extra yard of space to get to the ball and actually finish it, that was the most impressive thing about it.

Balerion

Poor guy, doesn't know how to make the heart sign. :( Wouldn't have happened if we bought Bale. :mad:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Poor guy, doesn't know how to make the heart sign. :( Wouldn't have happened if we bought Bale. :mad:
That's heart sign? Thought he was making diamond gesture like DDP used to do in WWE.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Sold his soul to the Devil to win trophies with the Red Devils

Balerion

He was making a roc sign. He signed up for Roc Nation Sports, an agency owned by JayZ.
I was just kidding of course about that heart sign. :angel:

Honestly, I was wondering why he's making a pussy sign (can I say that here?) :lol: I had no idea what it was supposed to mean. I'm not up to date with pop stuff I guess. :nervous:

Trizy

I'd love to see how many goals he's add to his game if we had a crossing right winger. Funnily enough, the only time's (2 or 3?) we've seen good balls come from the right wing are from Rom himself!

Someone who can beat a man and put in a mean cross along with a good crossing right back. Would do wonders to his game (see Belgium NT).

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Where's Zlatan

Edit :

And RVP and RVN.
Ibra had one more didn't he? Obviously there's a few more games left so Lukaku will probably overtake him, and Van Persie had 30 so he will probably overtake him also. I think the tweet is to point out how much of a success he's been despite the fact that he hasn't necessarily got the plaudits. I think he's been our best outfield player personally.

ChaddyP

Ibra had one more didn't he? Obviously there's a few more games left so Lukaku will probably overtake him, and Van Persie had 30 so he will probably overtake him also. I think the tweet is to point out how much of a success he's been despite the fact that he hasn't necessarily got the plaudits. I think he's been our best outfield player personally.
He's been a success but comparing his first season with man utd at 24 while playing in the epl since 18 years old with an 18 year old right winger that just came from Lisbon, or a 17 year old Wayne Rooney or a but part player in berbatov (his first season) doesn't exactly show me his success. It would have actually shown how well he's done had those others been included in my opinion. Strange tweet is all OK saying.

For the record I think he's been a massive success and I hope he even breaks RVNs tally

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
He's been a success but comparing his first season with man utd at 24 while playing in the epl since 18 years old with an 18 year old right winger that just came from Lisbon, or a 17 year old Wayne Rooney or a but part player in berbatov (his first season) doesn't exactly show me his success. It would have actually shown how well he's done had those others been included in my opinion. Strange tweet is all OK saying.

For the record I think he's been a massive success and I hope he even breaks RVNs tally
Yeah i agree with that. They obviously left them out to have Lukaku come out on top. They should have put Ibra and Van Persie on there there though as that would have made him look even better. Just a shame that he hasn't got the plaudits this year; even amongst our own fans.

Inter Yer Nan

Really well taken goal.

Don't mean this as a criticism but it feels like he hardly ever scores braces or more. I think his stats are great considering he's not a pen taker too.
Yeah, I've thought about that. Earlier in the season he did it a bit more wouldn't mind a brace or two in these next few games so he's into the 30's but I've got to say I am very impressed with his all around effort and game in general. One of the brighter spots in the team from an attacking standpoint this season.

prateik

Rooney and Ronaldo were 18. Tevez often played as a front 2 and wasnt the furthest forward.

RVP got 30 in 48 in his first season. RVN got 36 in 49.

This isnt Lukaku bashing. I like him.. But his tally is what I expect from a United striker. Less than this would be disappointing.
He has done his bit. We need to step up overall as a team and hopefully he can score more.

Renegade

He has turned his season around fair play to him. I still can’t forget the bad performances he was putting in earlier in the season. He was missing some easy chances if I remember correctly and that goalless run was pretty painful. Credit where credit is due though.

Minimalist

Rooney and Ronaldo were 18. Tevez often played as a front 2 and wasnt the furthest forward.

This isnt Lukaku bashing. I like him.. But his tally is what I expect from a United striker. Less than this would be disappointing.
He has done his bit. We need to step up overall as a team and hopefully he can score more.
I think that's the problem, people expect an unreasonable amount from him. We'll not even discuss United's attacking prowess and leave that as an aside - Lukaku (to me) is more the Benzema level striker you have in your side. He's going to be a threat and he'll get goals regularly but he's not going to top charts (or at least not every season). You need more goals to come from elsewhere.

I think the price-tag has given people the wrong idea.

Silas

Disappointing to see that he's joined the Illuminati.
I think that's the problem, people expect an unreasonable amount from him. We'll not even discuss United's attacking prowess and leave that as an aside - Lukaku (to me) is more the Benzema level striker you have in your side. He's going to be a threat and he'll get goals regularly but he's not going to top charts (or at least not every season). You need more goals to come from elsewhere.

That's unfair on Benzema. What Benzema maybe lacks in goals he, at least in his prime, made up for it with his all around play. Don't think he's close to Benzema's prime really.

Last edited:

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.

Benzema is a superior striker

Minimalist

Disappointing to see that he's joined the Illuminati.

That's unfair on Benzema. What Benzema maybe lacks in goals, he, at least in his prime, made up for it with his all around play. Don't think he's close to Benzema's prime really.
Benzema is a superior striker
That's fair enough. Just thinking the ~£30m Madrid paid for Benzema is probably the equivalent of what we paid for Lukaku in 2017 (also considering transfer money going mental + PL tax). As far as I can see, they have very similar goals/game ratios.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
He’s not average, but he sure as hell isn’t good enough for where we want to be. Mentioned it earlier, a player like Giroud would have gotten just as many goals as Lukaku this season with the same amount of minutes for United. And we would still be 2nd.
in big games where you get one chance, he isn't that guy
These.

He's okay for us, but we could be having so much better. His price tag makes getting rid of him, very difficult. If he was 15 million, he would not be starting.

I'm glad he's ditched Mino though.

roonster09

Scout
These.

He's okay for us, but we could be having so much better. His price tag makes getting rid of him, very difficult. If he was 15 million, he would not be starting.

I'm glad he's ditched Mino though.
If he was 15 mllion people would be saying he is the signing of the season. Contributed 35 goals and assists this season and we still have 6-7 games to play. He is least of our problems.

roonster09

Scout

RVN and RVP were also our PK takers, that also boosted their stats. We used to be lot more attacking and even lot of penalties back then.

Yeah Lukaku had very good season. Hopefully he will reach 40 goals and assists this season.

Kostov

I like Lukaku and I like how he works his socks off for the team, great attitude. I have no doubts once we improve overall his goal tally will grow also.

James Peril

I like Lukaku and I like how he works his socks off for the team, great attitude. I have no doubts once we improve overall his goal tally will grow also.
I don’t see this «working his socks off»-thing people are talking about. I think Lukaku is pretty lazy and sluggish most of the time, too heavy to move his body around quickly like Rashford, Firmino and Sanchez - I don’t see the effect. I also see bad body language in every game, stopping runs when not getting the ball and just standing there pointing to god knows what. You say he has a great attitude, I think it’s pretty average.

On thing is for certain though, I couldn’t care less if he runs 5k every game as long as he scores almost every game. People are comparing him to Zlatan (who in all honesty didn’t do that well for us) and RVP, but the point isn’t valid anymore. We arent’t stuck in the 90’s and there is a new world; we play what’s in front of us and Man United must always have a striker that matches the other strikers in the league. This season he is far behind the others in terms of scoring goals - I really hope he rectifies this issue next season.

Lukaku, with all his limitations compared to other modern strikers, needs 25 goals in the league. He also needs to stay hungry for 90 minutes; not scoring more than one goal in a league game after GW1 is poor - strikers live for goals, goals, goals. Increase that 0,5 gpg ratio and I will shut up next season, I promise.

Status
Not open for further replies.