Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
What do you mean? Lukaku is a half walrus, half gnat frying pan who's still eating breakfast in his bed because he's a bit dim - you can't say it fairer than that. If you were anything like honest with yourself you'd admit it.

prath92

Sir Alex often got confirmation of PL players he was interested based on how they performed against us. We saw this with Saha, Rio, Ashley Young, Zaha and many others. Whenever a player played against us and performed he was sure he was after the right man. He even did this with Ronaldo after a pre-season friendly :lol:

Other than Lukaku's hattrick against us in SAF's last game which was a dead rubber tbf, Lukaku was trash in every game against us. He has been completely nullified by Bailly, Rojo, Blind and Paddy fecking McNair. I could be wrong but I don't think he scored against us playing for Everton.

Everything about his career so far, tells me he's not cut out for the big stage.
Again you see what you want to see. A PL game was a dead rubber but a pre season friendly isn’t. Rooney hadn’t scored against us in the two years he was at Everton. Jones played against us and was part of a defence that conceded 7. Same with many players. SAF bought players who are good, same as Jose

Pace Abuser

The sheer horror of having a 75-90 million pound waste of space is something very few united fans' are currently willing to confront.The dark, depressing, painful-to-read humour was very suitably reflective of the emotion this transfer is going to leave in its wake. Could you actually say anything with a hint of positivity after the City debacle which was the cherry on the long running shitshow from the Everton days?

I hope you all cringed and winced at a post made in the exact image of Lukaku's cumbersome efforts to emulate a football player. It could be considered training for when realisation sets in upon the river of excuses for him running dry.

Djemba-Djemba

Funnily enough of all the "big" teams in the Premier league City are the ones Lukaku probably has the best record against. Scored against them home and away last season for example.

Didn't help him on Sunday though.

If Bournemouth get a dangerous free kick or a corner tonight I certainly wouldn't want Lukaku to defend. His confidence already seems to be at rock bottom, another feck up might finish him off. Just let him concentrate of scoring goals.

Pace Abuser

:lol: I cringed the whole way through that, don't think I've ever seen so many attempts at a joke in one post before and it end up so painfully unfunny.
Don't think I've ever seen so many attempts to play football by a "student of a game" and it end up so painfully underwhelming.
Sorry that my emotions have no tinge of optimism in this thread, which translates in to posts that look like they're written by an art student on methadone. Watching Lukaku does have the effect of sucking joy out of fans.

prath92

Don't think I've ever seen so many attempts to play football by a "student of a game" and it end up so painfully underwhelming.
Sorry that my emotions have no tinge of optimism in this thread, which translates in to posts that look like they're written by an art student on methadone. Watching Lukaku does have the effect of sucking joy out of fans.
Buddy you’ve had a mare. Maybe take a break from this thread

Ban

He has the instinct of a gnats cock. Just stands there flat footed while a duel is being fought for the ball. The ball breaks and our man begins the process of moving towards the action with all the grace of a Walrus with an erection so big it acts analogous to a door stop - preventing any movement (or falling out of the bed he seems to be tucked up in). Meanwhile the opposition player around him has sniffed the possibility of the ball breaking in their general direction, remained alert to it, gambled, and been vindicated when he clears it or takes possession gratefully.

Lukaku however, is still having his breakfast because he's a bit dim to the recurring pattern of such play and therefore hasn't evolved his senses beyond that of a frying pan.
I guess it was funny in your head.

unitedforeveral

Romelu has to work a lot in training. While i do not complain about his work rate or his technical skills yet, i will definitely complain about his positioning and finishing. He is a proper number 9. When he was directly opposite to Morata, he was a loser. He worked very hard against City but i could say we were detached, our midfield and front line came apart and never had a flow to our build up with all the ball hoofing.

A lot of things have to change, starting from sacking Mourinho and getting an attack minded manager for Us.

El Jefe

Again you see what you want to see. A PL game was a dead rubber but a pre season friendly isn’t. Rooney hadn’t scored against us in the two years he was at Everton. Jones played against us and was part of a defence that conceded 7. Same with many players. SAF bought players who are good, same as Jose
Did I say the pre season game wasn't a dead rubber? Also I didn't say SAF always gets confirmation, I said he often did.

Fergie would have been alarmed with the ease in which Bailly, Rojo, Blind and McNair marked out Lukaku not to mention the shit show he served in the FA Cup semi. I don't remember us signing a player under SAF who was consistently rubbish against us.

unitedforeveral

:lol:

Redcafe in a nutshell these days.
I've known Jose from his Porto, Milan days and have always been against his arrival to United. It's only now that many others are listening. The guy has prestige issues and his way of football is simply never entertaining. I think you know that and are refusing to accept it because he may stay for another season and you want to back him. I understand that and i will do the same but that's because i love the club and not because of Jose.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
The sheer horror of having a 75-90 million pound waste of space is something very few united fans' are currently willing to confront.The dark, depressing, painful-to-read humour was very suitably reflective of the emotion this transfer is going to leave in its wake. Could you actually say anything with a hint of positivity after the City debacle which was the cherry on the long running shitshow from the Everton days?

I hope you all cringed and winced at a post made in the exact image of Lukaku's cumbersome efforts to emulate a football player. It could be considered training for when realisation sets in upon the river of excuses for him running dry.
Nah, you're just not funny. At all.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He's neither merely suffering a crisis of confidence nor is he a terrible player. He's a good footballer who would do well for most sides. But becoming an elite game changing centre forward is maybe asking too much. I'm sure he'll do well for us over the years, but I doubt he'll be the difference against top sides.

As poor as he was against City, I feel the need to defend him from some unwarranted criticism. His dry spell has included assists and some good link up play (for instance against Arsenal). He surely must be working on his hold up play in training, but whether he'll ever possess a decent first touch is unlikely. Like has been mentioned, he's maybe never had the need to develop a first touch as he's been physically dominant for all the teams he's played for in his career, bullying his way to goal. Comparing him to Drogba is well off the mark, Drogba was a lot more agile, with a good first touch and superb hold up ability.

I'd be quite happy to see him next season fighting for the first team spot as opposed to just owning it.

Viggers

That said he has been awful for a while and that's not even the biggest issue I have with him. It's his attitude. He just seems to enter games completely unfocused which is not something he can be doing at the top level.
Exactly this. This is why I have such an issue with him. Combined with his technical incompetence. Name a single top striker who has a first touch even close to as poor as his is.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Shock that he gets good service and scores. He absolutely thrives on crosses like that. Good crosses on the fullback.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He sure can head a ball, great finish from the big man.
See his heading has been a huge let down. Or rather it's probably more aerial duels outside the box. Heading in front of goal has generally been pretty good. But so many times this season for long balls or the random hoofs that we've done, he's lost out to the defenders and just looks like he doesn't jump properly. In the box he's looked completely different with his heading

Status
Not open for further replies.