6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

LoneStar

He has been fine, but just about the bare minimum you expect from a £75m striker. If Jose bought him to be his target man, and win headers from long balls, it is his fault. Lukaku is simply not that striker. Having said that, I can’t really think of anything he really excels at. The market for a striker was very poor this summer.

If we continue playing like this, especially in the big games, it would be far better if he was dropped. Pretty sure Fellaini will be more suited if we continue playing this long ball tactics. For once, I want to see Sanchez, Martial and Rashford starting. I think it would make our team far more dynamic.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
He has been fine, but just about the bare minimum you expect from a £75m striker. If Jose bought him to be his target man, and win headers from long balls, it is his fault. Lukaku is simply not that striker. Having said that, I can’t really think of anything he really excels at. The market for a striker was very poor this summer.

If we continue playing like this, especially in the big games, it would be far better if he was dropped. Pretty sure Fellaini will be more suited if we continue playing this long ball tactics. For once, I want to see Sanchez, Martial and Rashford starting. I think it would make our team far more dynamic.
Sanchez is a better target man than Lukaku; both because Lukaku is a poor target man and Sanchez is deceptively strong.

More often than not, Sanchez will get on the end of a long ball because his positioning and movement are very good.

Stacks

Although he can improve, he is definitively working under less than ideal conditions, due to our lack of attacking cohesion, general play, chances created etc. It makes me wonder why Jose bought him if he isn't going to be used to his optimal strengths, same with Pogba. Lukaku isn't a target man (plays long balls up to him in difficult games). Lukaku is a poacher (feeds of less chances than strikers in the top 6).

LoneStar

Sanchez is a better target man than Lukaku; both because Lukaku is a poor target man and Sanchez is deceptively strong.

More often than not, Sanchez will get on the end of a long ball because his positioning and movement are very good.
Makes more sense to start Sanchez as a 9 in against the top 6. Think we should try it at least once.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Makes more sense to start Sanchez as a 9 in against the top 6. Think we should try it at least once.
I agree, Sanchez through the middle, Lukaku on the right, Martial on the left is a viable option in big games.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Fully expect him to score against a team like Huddersfield, it's his stage after all.
When more talented players don't even score against Huddersfield, then what's their level? Championship and league 1?

red_john

Some of the hate he gets on here is pathetic. Look at the goals he has scored for the last 4 seasons. He is not the problem, it's his team mates.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Great play holding the ball, then the run & terrific finish. Excellent.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Back to goal, hold up the ball, lay off to the nearest man, play it to his feet while he runs in behind the defence.

It’s what he does best.

None of this long ball business.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
20 goals for the season. It's a very respectable return.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
That's the shit I want to see from him. Purposeful, direct, shrugging off defenders with his size then showing he can finish with his right foot too. Needs to be decisive with his movements like he was there all the time.

Kag

We should be getting him into those sorts of positions multiple times per match.

His all round play has been very good of late.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I think he's very useful against these type of sides. When he did that interview with Henry he was being bigged up as some great student of the game who looked at all the best players to find things to add to his game. I think he should study big strong fast players, not players with an entirely different physique whom he'll never emulate. Took his goal well in that first half, but he shouldn't be mistiming his jumps as much as he does and he should bully defenders a bit more (which he did for the goal).

Antonedwin

As per one thing doesn't negate anything that's happened up until it. I'm a Romelu fan, but I hate seeing 'I told you so' as if it changes what's happened before and makes any criticism unjustified.
He is the least of our team problems .. really
The criticism was unfair
put the ball in front of him like what mata did ( lingard can't ) & he will produce
Scored loads with hazard & kdb supplying him

Edit : see?

Last edited:

LARulz

His build up play/passing has really surprised me. His range is actually very good

Status
Not open for further replies.