6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

criticalanalysis

He does a lot of things brilliantly, but he still frustrates me at times. That bit when he was clean through and tried to collect the ball and he just ballooned it away from him.
Agree but I don't think he is the type to let that get to him and become lazy or disinterested. He plays with a point to prove.

So if his touch/movement lets him down, I don't think he will stop working and that alone will be enough to at least provide a basis for our attacking game i.e target man, hold up play, channel runs etc.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Romelu has set himself high standards. To his credit he should on 12. To be on 10 at this stage is great. I think he was underrated but now he's got a great chance to become one of the top goalscorers in the world. If we could get Kane too hehe...

Trizy

To be fair I never watched Everton until they played us but what's this laziness to his game about? He's had a fantastic work rate since joining.

Perhaps he was just sick of his team mates been shite at Everton so decided to say feck you instead of wasting energy on closing teams down. Or maybe since he was their only real goal scoring threat the manage asked him to conserve energy?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He was definitely a bit lazy at Everton.

He does run the channels here, but in comparison to his other striking rivals in the league I think he has the lowest distance covered - something like 9km per game compared to the 10 of the others? I think one reason for that may be that Lukaku tends to never drop deep ever, he doesn’t involve himself in the build up play and would rather be on the shoulder or occupying the centre backs at the top of the field.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
He was definitely a bit lazy at Everton.

He does run the channels here, but in comparison to his other striking rivals in the league I think he has the lowest distance covered - something like 9km per game compared to the 10 of the others? I think one reason for that may be that Lukaku tends to never drop deep ever, he doesn’t involve himself in the build up play and would rather be on the shoulder or occupying the centre backs at the top of the field.
Definitely agree with that. I've had a suspicion his massive frame has something to do with it too, also in regard to the comments about him looking out of breath when the camera's zoom in on his face around the 30 minute mark. You see it a lot in the combat sports, smaller guys who naturally have good stamina gain 15 kilo's of muscle to fight a naturally bigger guy and they can match him for pure strength, but they just completely run out of gas in the early rounds.

Lukaku's just built like an absolute tank, even when you compare him to a tall strong guy like Pogba. Running around, occasionally taking sprints and battling defenders must be very energy consuming for him, much more than for someone who's more built like a marathon runner.

Morpheus 7

It's September and our team is falling apart. We should be ok for palace, they are deadbeats. It's worrying how all this is mounting up though already.

VanGaalEra

Palace at home and Lukaku picks up a 'knock' before the internationals. Hope it's what my tin foil hat thinks it is.

Baxter

He'll play.

Belgium have already qualified? Play up a knock and get him the week off.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Thought he looked tired during the week.

We have to rest him at some point and a game against Palace is as good a chance as we're going to get. If it means he has the international break off too, all the better.

We should be able to beat Palace regardless, I'd have thought.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
We should cope against Palace without him, but my fantasy team will not. Not to mention the fact that he don't want to be left too far behind Kane in the scoring charts ;-) Hope he plays!

Laurentiu amt

Palace at home and Lukaku picks up a 'knock' before the internationals. Hope it's what my tin foil hat thinks it is.
Your tin foil hat thinks right.
I just wonder how Jose manages those players that really want to go play for their national team.

devil in me

They're just releasing a little nugget of info so that he can withdraw from the Belgium squad in peace. A bit like the day before you pull a sickie at work you start complaining of feeling a bit sick! He will start.

Bwuk

Delighted he's fit.

Got that feeling with him that you just expect him to score every week.

If you weren't to watch a United game and heard we were 1-0 up you'd just assume it was him.

Best striker we've had since RvP under Fergie

Erics_Collar

I love Luk, but you are guaranteed a missed sitter once every game or two.

Thankfully you're nearly guaranteed a goal too.

FujiVice

Anyone else just convinced he was going to score? Even at this late stage you just assume he's putting one in the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.