Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.

jb8521

3 more goals for Lukaku in the last 3 games
Westerlo
AEK Athens at 1:06

And a very good header to put Anderlecht 2-1 up against Genk in a game which is on at the moment. He now has 9 goals in 17 games this season

SirAF

Ageist
We should pull out all stops to get this kid, will be the next big thing in football!

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It's really disgraceful the way Drogba has approached the situation.He admits that he's been calling Lukaku regularly about signing for Chelsea.That's not his fecking job

RedRover

It's really disgraceful the way Drogba has approached the situation.He admits that he's been calling Lukaku regularly about signing for Chelsea.That's not his fecking job
Yeah. You wouldn't hear of Fergie doing stuff like that...

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Why is it disgraceful? If he keeps it out of the media and to himself then it's his business. People are free to talk to people.

King_Eric

Who dreams of playing for Chelsea? Think bigger Romelu.
Heh, fair point :D

But it must have something to do with Drogba, his idol. In Belgium, there was a reality show about him and they were filming when he visited Stamford Bridge with his classmates. It was quite clear he wanted to play for Chelsea one day. Talking about his dream and saying 'I will play here one day'. So if he has to choose between Chelsea or United, I think Chelsea is pretty much a certainty.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
He's physically immense, you see the defenders - fully grown men at that - looking like kids next to him.

Can't wait to see how he develops, though I hope to hell it's not at Chelsea. I've had enough of Drogba as it is, so I don't want to have to be putting up with Drogba MkII (with more potential) for the next 15 years...

Blair

Nothing wrong with that at all :confused:

If it was one of our players doing the same thing you wouldn't be fussed.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
How many known youngsters have we actually gone for since the yr 2000. Okay, Ronaldo, Nani, Anderson... Who else was actually in such spot light and we actually signed.

Plz, don't mention Liam Miller.
Obertan was in the media spot a year or two before signing with us. Miller was doing well with Celtic and Smalling ended up in the spot light when Fulham started playing him regularly and SAF/Wenger launched a bidding war for him.

jb8521

Another goal tonight in a 2-2 draw with Brugge
Goal at 2:22

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
You do know that Lukaku's role model is Drogba right? I won't be surprised at all if he signs for Chelsea. He even imitates Drogba with his celebrations when he scores.

jb8521

Another goal for Lukaku tonight in a 2-1 win against Gent he scored the winner with a penalty in the 72nd minute. He also set up the first goal

RedLars

I don't want to overhype the lad, but if he shows the same consistency in a top league other than the Belgium league he is simply gonna be a great striker.
I think you followed up with a fair and astute assessment that in no way qualifies as overhyping! :smirk:

jb8521

His penalty at the weekend was recorded at 135km/hour. Today he scored his first goal for Belgium against Russia

jb8521

2nd goal against Russia the strength for a 17 year old is incredible

Ringo 07

The boy is a bit special and has just added 10 million quid to his value! Anyone watching the game and knows how Defour or Hazard are playing?

Cristiano_RAFC

The boy is a bit special and has just added 10 million quid to his value! Anyone watching the game and knows how Defour or Hazard are playing?
Defour ran the show in midfield. Every time someone won the ball in midfield, it seemed to be him. And he was the link from winning the ball and starting the attack. His vision was great as well. He played the ball deep, when he had to, and he played it wide when he had to.

As I said in his thread in the transfer forum, today he reminded me a lot of Scholes.

Eden Hazard, had a good game as well. Some times in the second half, I thought his decission making could have been better, but I think it had to do with him being tired. He was a threat for Russia's defence the entire game.

Laphroaig

2nd goal against Russia the strength for a 17 year old is incredible

That's a brilliant goal. I have now decided we need to buy this kid. He better not go to Chelsea.

[MUPPET]Is he mates with Defour? If so, let's buy both. Last time we tried that shit it didn't work out, but second time's lucky.[/MUPPET]

Minkaro

How much would we be willing to pay for him?

I certainly think we might have to part with one of our strikers (Owen or Diouf, maybe?) to make room for him, because we've got a lot of them jostling for contention at the moment.

I like the look of the guy, but I'm not sure he's what we need. A good signing, yes, but not my first choice.

jb8521

Defour ran the show in midfield. Every time someone won the ball in midfield, it seemed to be him. And he was the link from winning the ball and starting the attack. His vision was great as well. He played the ball deep, when he had to, and he played it wide when he had to.

As I said in his thread in the transfer forum, today he reminded me a lot of Scholes.

Eden Hazard, had a good game as well. Some times in the second half, I thought his decission making could have been better, but I think it had to do with him being tired. He was a threat for Russia's defence the entire game.
Yeah I would agree with that Defour was impressive today against a physical side which can only be good for his prospects of a move to England. Hazard is a player that can really look exceptional at times if he can improve the consistency of his decision making he definitely has more than enough ability to get to the very top.

jb8521

How much would we be willing to pay for him?

I certainly think we might have to part with one of our strikers (Owen or Diouf, maybe?) to make room for him, because we've got a lot of them jostling for contention at the moment.

I like the look of the guy, but I'm not sure he's what we need. A good signing, yes, but not my first choice.
I doubt he would be sold for under 25 million pounds unless someone already has a deal in place for him. Dont think we would go for him unless Fergie decided that he was too good to miss out on like the Rooney deal where we werent really in the market for another striker but Fergie didnt want to see him go anywhere else

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Belgium are building a quality side, they have heaps of good young players coming through ATM.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Have belgium produced a really top class player since Enzo Scifo? (excluding the current prospects)

Status
Not open for further replies.