Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
But not at Chelsea. I think he'll make it, but not there.
Because Chelsea have so many strikers? If he continues to develop he could be a better option than Torres in a year.

prateik

Looked pretty decent again in the highlights.
He's going to be a star...

Also... after Morrison equalized, Lukaku didnt celebrate.. ran up towards the goal, kicked the ball in again and then started celebrating alone.
madman :D

AKDevil

Looked pretty decent again in the highlights.
He's going to be a star...

Also... after Morrison equalized, Lukaku didnt celebrate.. ran up towards the goal, kicked the ball in again and then started celebrating alone.
madman :D
In front of the Spurs fans - haha - they will not forget that.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Why Chelsea signed him but gave him no chances last season was baffling. Their youth development is disgusting, to be quite frank. He's got the ingredients to develop into a world class striker when he hits his prime if he gets his chance.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
He really is a beast isn't he. Don't understand how they allowed him to go on loan especially with them being so light in that department. He is still only 19 which i find a bit baffling.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Yeah he is looking super. Chelsea fans must be quite hopeful he can get in their side next season.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
PHP:
He really is a beast isn't he. Don't understand how they allowed him to go on loan especially with them being so light in that department. He is still only 19 which i find a bit baffling.
Well they clearly put all there eggs in Torres basket, and had sturridge as a backup.

To be honest the loan move has done him wonders, the last few games he has looked the player he was hyped up to be in Belgium.

scarily could be another drogba for Chelsea.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
The only comparison to Drogba that I can see is the fact they both struggled in their first season. Completely different style of play as Drogba could score from anywhere and brought others into play very well while Lukaku spends most of his time in the box scoring tap-ins. Missing plenty too. He's very young and players of his ilk typically develop late but at the moment he's still nowhere near ready to be playing for a top club, IMO.

coolredwine

lameredboots
Scored a very good goal from outside the box yesterday. His movement is very good (talking from the last night). Pulls the defender with himself most of the times making way for other players.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
The only comparison to Drogba that I can see is the fact they both struggled in their first season. Completely different style of play as Drogba could score from anywhere and brought others into play very well while Lukaku spends most of his time in the box scoring tap-ins. Missing plenty too. He's very young and players of his ilk typically develop late but at the moment he's still nowhere near ready to be playing for a top club, IMO.
I completely disagree. Quite surprisingly he seems to be a very good dribbler and his second goal yesterday certainly wasn't a tap in. IMO he's already better than Ba or at least as good as him

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
He looks seriously raw to me. Poor timing of his runs, poor hold-up play, inconsistent finishing and just a lack of all-round intelligence. His 2nd goal was just terrible defending (ask Fedirici, he was raging at how easy it was) and that's pretty much his only move coming off the wing.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
He did look very raw but he has improved a hell of a lot since the start of the season and compared to his brief outings for Chelsea last season.

In fairness yesterday I saw the MOTD highlights but based on them he looked awesome.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
He looks seriously raw to me. Poor timing of his runs, poor hold-up play, inconsistent finishing and just a lack of all-round intelligence. His 2nd goal was just terrible defending (ask Fedirici, he was raging at how easy it was) and that's pretty much his only move coming off the wing.
Agree with that assessment, have seen alot of him and he's not ready. That said, he is shedding a fair bit of weight and he is getting sharper in terms of movement, establishing himself as a regular with each passing game.

Quinton Fortune

What you've got to remember with him is that he's 3 years younger than Danny Welbeck. At 19 he's doing a great job causing teams problems and getting goals.

He's got another 3, 4 or even 5 years before he should be starting week in week out for Chelsea and thats plenty of time for him to sort his game. He's developing physically as well as technically. Looks destined to be one of the better strikers in Europe if he can avoid injuries. The more experienced he gets the better he'll get with taking and finding chances.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He should definitely go back out on loan next season now that Chelsea have bought Ba. He's making very good progress despite being raw. The best that could have been hoped for his first real season in the PL (he was never given a proper look in last year) and he's taken it well i think. His rawness can be excused i think given that he's 19 and last year he wasn't really played, but despite this has managed to score 9 goals in the league which is only half of the top scorer and 7th joint highest. The thing you're looking for at this stage from him is glimpses of brilliance and class which he's managed. He just needs to consistently build up his overall game now which he is more than capable of doing.

Robbie Boy

Agree with this. Though I think he has already made significant improvements during his time at WBA and is gradually adapting to life in the PL. Not sure what direction his Chelsea career will take, I reckon another season out on loan is definitely needed.

Swaters16

Agree with this. Though I think he has already made significant improvements during his time at WBA and is gradually adapting to life in the PL. Not sure what direction his Chelsea career will take, I reckon another season out on loan is definitely needed.
I think right now it could go either way for him. He could become a monster of a striker that replaces Drogba's role for Chelsea or he could end up at West Brom level.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
Drogba really excelled in his last few years. This lad can polish up his finishing and hold up play and really look the part. His power and ability are there for me.

TheRisingSun

Banned
I completely disagree. Quite surprisingly he seems to be a very good dribbler and his second goal yesterday certainly wasn't a tap in. IMO he's already better than Ba or at least as good as him
That's a big call considering Ba's scoring record in the Premier League since he arrived.

At Chelsea he was very raw when he was given the occasional run out in his first two seasons (to be expected frankly) and he is looking increasingly promising as his loan goes on, but he was treated pretty appallingly.

I would certainly agree that our youth policy is pathetic and it is indicative of the short-termism at the club. We've won the Youth Cup for the last two years in a row but where are those players knocking on the door of the first team?

Lukaku came out today saying he's "not bothered by what Chelsea are doing at the moment" and wants to stay at West Brom for as long as possible - comments that I'm sure will raise an eyebrow with the club and the fans, especially considering that he claimed to be a Chelsea fan when we signed him!

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I think he's a top quality prospect this lad. He will really thrive at Chelsea I reckon. He's on what, 9 leasgue goals this season already, and could realistically end up with at least 15 - which is excellent for a 19 year old playing for a middle team. He hasn't always been first-choice for them too, I've watched enough games of theirs that he's started on the bench.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
If Chelsea just go and bring in a new forward over the summer do you think Lukaku should push for a move? What sort of valuation would you say?

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Chavs didn't need Ba in January. They should have called Lukaku back. They would have finished second and might have had an FA cup too.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
If Chelsea just go and buy in a forward over the summer do you think Lukaku should push for a move? What sort of valuation would you say?
It depends who comes in as manager and if Torres goes.

Lets say Mourinho comes in, can you see him not giving Lukaku chances? I can't, he's a classic Mourinho centre-forward with that raw power. Our defenders were falling over when he was 5 yards away from him, he's going to be some player.

But yes, if no one at Chelsea shows confidence in him he should get out. He's had a seriously good season for a striker at his age and finished it by scoring a hat-trick against Manchester United. Looks like the prospect he was dubbed as in Belgium again.

Jacob

Overrated performance, makeshift back four with nothing to play for.

Godfather

Overrated performance, makeshift back four with nothing to play for.
He was up against Evans and Jones though as our CB pairing and after that Jones and Rio. I agree Evans and Jones are still miles off the class of Vidic but to call them makeshift isnt true. They should have handled him better.
He was very good today

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Like I said before, you couldn't really ask more for a 19 year olds first proper season in the PL.

Neutral

BTV
Absolute beast - his loan spell has done him wonders, playing for the reserves or sitting on the bench would have cost him a ton of development. As it is, he is definitely worth a serious look by whoever the new manager happens to be.

Even if you take away the hat trick yesterday, it would have meant 14 league goals in 31 matches. Fairly impressive return for a 20 year old!

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Where is Brwned? Now do you believe me when I said Lukaku was going to be quite a player when Chelsea signed him two years ago? You said you werent sure about this kid but I asked you to be patient and look at he did this season when given playing time. What is that, 17 goals now for West Brom? If this is what he can do in a mid table team like West Brom, then I am genuinely worried about how he is going to do in a strong team like Chelsea's.

Status
Not open for further replies.