Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.

jb8521

Sent off yesterday for 2 yellow cards the first for kicking the corner flag while celebrating the Anderlecht goal and the second for kicking the ball away.

Cristiano_RAFC

Sent off yesterday for 2 yellow cards the first for kicking the corner flag while celebrating the Anderlecht goal and the second for kicking the ball away.
It was just a ridiculous red card for the referee to give. I haven't seen the first yellow (tv cameras missed it too apparantly), but that looks like a ridiculous card. And then the second yellow was probably even more ridiculous. Lukaku was already busy in his movement to take the shot when the referee blew the whistle. It happened in a space of less than one second. Idiot refereeing if you ask me.

It seems to me that the referee wanted to tell his grandchildren that he was the first to sent Lukaku off or something...

By the way, Lukaku set up Anderlecht's goal scored by Kanu. (game ended 0-1 for Anderlecht)

jb8521

It was just a ridiculous red card for the referee to give. I haven't seen the first yellow (tv cameras missed it too apparantly), but that looks like a ridiculous card. And then the second yellow was probably even more ridiculous. Lukaku was already busy in his movement to take the shot when the referee blew the whistle. It happened in a space of less than one second. Idiot refereeing if you ask me.

It seems to me that the referee wanted to tell his grandchildren that he was the first to sent Lukaku off or something...

By the way, Lukaku set up Anderlecht's goal scored by Kanu. (game ended 0-1 for Anderlecht)
Yeah from the way the ref has spoken about it afterwards it seems like that alright

jb8521

Scored the winner tonight with an 89th minute header against Zulte Waregem in a 2-1 win
Goal at 4:30

jb8521

Scored the opening goal today in a 2-0 win against Club Brugge. 13 goals for the season now.

Ringo 07

I dont see the point in constantly posting videos of him when he has come out saying that he wants to sign for Madrid!! I think we should forget about this chap ever coming here!

Alwyn

Got rid of his pee
Nah keep posting them; I enjoy watching him develop. Probably the least impressive youtube goal ever to be wanking over, but it's good to see him developing some consistency.

jb8521

I dont see the point in constantly posting videos of him when he has come out saying that he wants to sign for Madrid!! I think we should forget about this chap ever coming here!
When did I say anything about him coming here this is in the football forum not the transfer forum or United forum and obviously some peope have an interest since the thread has reached 5 pages

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Just stay away from the flippin' thread then, dude. Thanks for posting his goals, jb. Very interesting player indeed.

beardsleybob

Manchester City join chase for Belgian star

Romelu Lukaku's agent has confirmed Manchester City have joined the chase for the Belgian starlet.

The 17-year-old Anderlecht striker is one of the most coveted players in world football.

He has been playing first-team football since he was 16, and is already a regular for Belgium at international level.

So far this season he has bagged 13 goals in 20 games, and almost every major club in Europe is chasing him, including all of England's big clubs.

Chelsea, Manchester United, Manchester City, Liverpool, Tottenham and Arsenal are all keen.

City are the latest of the Premier League giants to join the chase and reports from Belgian even suggested they were trying to do a deal this month.

But Lukaku's agent Christophe Henrotay has denied that is the case, but he confirmed City do want to be kept informed about his situation.

"There is no concrete offer or agreement," he told Belgian Sport magazine.

"I have very good contacts with Manchester City, but they are only one of the clubs to ask about him."

Roberto Mancini has already insisted that City are not ready to make a bid, but they are very much now in the chase for him.

"City did ask me to be keep informed, if other clubs insisted on him," Henrotay continued.

"If someone leaves Manchester City, it is not impossible things could be accelerated - but you have seen the attackers there, but there is also the other clubs who are interested."

Chelsea and Arsenal have been chasing Lukaku since he was 13, and the former have been regarded as the long-time favourites for his signature given they are his favourite side.

But the youngster admits that he will not necessarily sign for Chelsea because he supports them.

"Chelsea and Arsenal tried to sign me when I was 13, 14," he said.

"Chelsea is my favourite team. I have always said it and I have never hidden it. But it is not because Chelsea is my favourite team that I have to go there.

"There is also Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester City. These big five are very interesting. Tottenham are also a good club.

"As a young kid you dream of playing in every big team. It is not because Chelsea is my favourite team that I have to specifically go there.

"I will see. It is something for my father and agent. There are so many clubs and big teams. For a young player sometimes you have to relax for a while and focus on your own team. I'm very happy with the situation at Anderlecht. I have the support of the club and other players. It is my environment and I've grown up here."

Real Madrid have also been strongly linked, and Jose Mourinho knows him well after pursuing him during his time at Chelsea - but Lukaku admits England is his most likely destination.

"My father never talks to me about rumours. Of course, I admire Jose Mourinho and Real Madrid is a great club. But I see England as more likely than Spain,"
he told Goal.com.

"If I see the games and some action in the Premier League, with my qualities I think I can play there. I'm very fast, I'm very strong and I work a lot. If I train with players with more quality I can be better than I am here. I want to improve.

"My father was my hero when I was still a boy. I looked up to Cristiano Ronaldo and then it was always [Didier] Drogba. As I understand more and more about football I see the qualities I have and I can see myself in him [Drogba]. I have almost the same qualities and I want to follow in his footsteps.

"I want to reach the highest level and win prizes. I want to win the Champions League, the Europa League also. I want to play in the Premier League and win some [league] titles or the Spanish league and win those titles. That is also a dream. Why not?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

City one of Lukaku's options | Sky Sports | Football | News

askabob

Why would he want to win both the Europa League and Champions League :confused:

Team Brian GB

Baby Cameron loves X-Factor
Supports
Chelsea
I see that Anderlecht are trying to drum up business in order to sell him, though they want 30 Million Euros for him which is a bit of a laugh seeing as he has broken through in the football wonderland that is Belgium.

Ekeke

He's proven himself in the europa and is proving himself international football though. Thats why they want to talk big numbers for the kid. Cant imagine that there are too many 17 year old strikers who have scored twice against Russia. I think the hype and high value are legit. Somewhere around £25 million for his transfer when it happens.

Scrumpet

There are no words
I only saw highlights but he scored a goal and laid one on a plate for Morrison (which was fluffed). Did anyone watch the whole match? Was he as good as the highlights suggest?

LLMU

Strong as a bull but still very raw but the protential is there. He would be a beast in 3years time. Need more games though and he will get it at hawthorns

prateik

He was a lot quicker than I thought he would be.
Pace+physicality.. scary combination.

Baxter

Strong as a bull but still very raw but the protential is there. He would be a beast in 3years time. Need more games though and he will get it at hawthorns
But not at Chelsea. I think he'll make it, but not there.

Status
Not open for further replies.