Romeo Lavia | Chelsea bound?

Irrational.

We have to be in for him, whether we need him this season or not. Players of this calibre don’t come up for a reasonable price this often.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Doesn’t look particularly world beating.
I'm not going overboard with Liverpool but generally Klopp's midfields don't buy they function fantastically. At their best, anyway. Fabinho, Wijnaldum and Henderson won the CL and Prem under Klopp.

It's good business by them but as always, we just need to focus on ourselves and make sure we improve and we should be okay.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
So Liverpool are preparing a bid now.

Thought they were super quick in the transfer market? :lol:

Wonder if anyone will bring up the price tag with this guy? £50m seems extremely expensive.

Remember the geese

Wonder if anyone will bring up the price tag with this guy? £50m seems extremely expensive.
They will strike some sort of £35m plus £15m in add ons deal and everyone will quote the price as £35m. Same thing with Mac Allister, while Mount is obviously costing £60m.

Mainoldo

He'll be their third signing though :lol:
Shame The window is open until the end of August.

Good signing but they are taking a real risk with their current approach to replace their midfield. Unproven as feck.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Shame The window is open until the end of August.

Good signing but they are taking a real risk with their current approach to replace their midfield. Unproven as feck.
Just saying, you can't compare them to us when they're sorting their business quick time. Let's be honest, we'd be having a party on here if we had done what they have done already.

They are all unproven, I agree. But you can see the upside with all of them, and they already have some decent midfield options and may have stumbled on something playing TAA there. They're going to be stacked in midfield if they sign Lavia too and will have sorted their issues already.

Crimson King

Just saying, you can't compare them to us when they're sorting their business quick time. Let's be honest, we'd be having a party on here if we had done what they have done already.

They are all unproven, I agree. But you can see the upside with all of them, and they already have some decent midfield options and may have stumbled on something playing TAA there. They're going to be stacked in midfield if they sign Lavia too and will have sorted their issues already.
The Glazers have always slowed down our ability to sign players due to their glacial decision making. That's even more relevant at the moment due to the takeover stalemate. They only really sanction big moves quickly if they know it has some commercial value, like Pogba or Ronaldo.

You have to try and remember as well that Liverpool don't generate anywhere near as much clicks through transfer gossip, so unless you're a fan and follow them closely it always seems like their business gets done relatively hassle free.

Admittedly, two of the players they've signed this summer were done quickly, but they had release clauses so they only had to negotiate with the player. Southampton just got relegated, which should also make that an easier target, especially as City have a buy back clause. It gives them a point of reference to start the bid with.

As to how the new signings will improve them, I think it's too early to say. They have big shoes to fill from that midfield that won the league. I'm also not sure Nunez, Diaz and Gakpo will live up to Mane and Firmino. I'm sure they'll improve on last season, but then so could everyone else.

Mainoldo

Yeah I agree they will have sorted out their business quick. Whether it’s good business though… I’m not so sure. I still believe we will have a better window than them and currently their aim is to catch us as we are the better team as things stand.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
Yeah I agree they will have sorted out their business quick. Whether it’s good business though… I’m not so sure. I still believe we will have a better window than them and currently their aim is to catch us as we are the better team as things stand.
Their form at the raol end of the season was a worry. And they have strengthened where they needed to, they will probably have a very different season this time round

Judas

Open to offers
I'm not going overboard with Liverpool but generally Klopp's midfields don't buy they function fantastically. At their best, anyway. Fabinho, Wijnaldum and Henderson won the CL and Prem under Klopp.

It's good business by them but as always, we just need to focus on ourselves and make sure we improve and we should be okay.
That midfield worked due to what they had in front of them, and their current attacking options don't compare to that of the past in my eyes.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
That midfield worked due to what they had in front of them, and their current attacking options don't compare to that of the past in my eyes.
Maybe not but Salah will still score goals, Gakpo will too. And Diaz has got better and better, he'll obviously need to stay injury free.

They might not challenge for the PL and definitely won't challenge for the CL :cool: but will be better than last year I'd imagine.

Mainoldo

Their form at the raol end of the season was a worry. And they have strengthened where they needed to, they will probably have a very different season this time round
Yeah they went on a good run but it was also a very fortunate one consisting of a lot of late goals and not playing that well.

I’m backing them to be a lot better this season but still think they won’t be better than us.

Redstain

Having a brilliant summer thus far, the new players still need to be embedded within the team but with two potential midfielders (if this goes through) having league experience it should be easier for them to adjust into the starting 11.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
The Glazers have always slowed down our ability to sign players due to their glacial decision making. That's even more relevant at the moment due to the takeover stalemate. They only really sanction big moves quickly if they know it has some commercial value, like Pogba or Ronaldo.

You have to try and remember as well that Liverpool don't generate anywhere near as much clicks through transfer gossip, so unless you're a fan and follow them closely it always seems like their business gets done relatively hassle free.

Admittedly, two of the players they've signed this summer were done quickly, but they had release clauses so they only had to negotiate with the player. Southampton just got relegated, which should also make that an easier target, especially as City have a buy back clause. It gives them a point of reference to start the bid with.

As to how the new signings will improve them, I think it's too early to say. They have big shoes to fill from that midfield that won the league. I'm also not sure Nunez, Diaz and Gakpo will live up to Mane and Firmino. I'm sure they'll improve on last season, but then so could everyone else.
To the bolded part, they've only signed two players so far.
And Macallister took them nearly three months to sort out. They were in talks end of March. Not exactly quick!

Crimson King

To the bolded part, they've only signed two players so far.
And Macallister took them nearly three months to sort out. They were in talks end of March. Not exactly quick!
No I guess that's true. Not sure why that was, maybe he was waiting to see if any other team would come in for him? Or might just have been the clause in his contract didn't kick in until then.

Personally I don't think he was their #1 target, so waited to pull the trigger.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours

Well that’s a bit bullshit.

Liverpool are not a CL clubs so are buying any player that fit their tactical approach and willing to join them whilst they don’t play in the UCL.

So I really doubt people would be partying after these transfers.

Their signings have been shit for some time, they are not getting in the CL because of this and there’s a big chance they don’t really improve enough to be in the CL next season aswell.

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
Liverpools are stacking the midfield but i get the feeling its a case of sign a bunch of young lads and surely some of them will work and the rest are young enough to sell on again for a good fee. I get some lads are leaving and Fabinho and Henderson are declining, where does all this leave Elliot and Jones though ?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Liverpools are stacking the midfield but i get the feeling its a case of sign a bunch of young lads and surely some of them will work and the rest are young enough to sell on again for a good fee. I get some lads are leaving and Fabinho and Henderson are declining, where does all this leave Elliot and Jones though ?
Jones is average, so he'll just be squad rotation. Elliot will probably be starting in the 3.

JuriM

Elliot's natural position is right wing, but they have Salah there, so he has played in the middle more. Jones is a decent squad option already.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
If the scousers sign him then they’re looking decent in midfield.

James35

The press would have us believe we are interested in a lot of players we can’t actually afford to buy.

Chairman Steve

£50m? So much for the days when a relegated team had to sell their best players at a considerable discount.

pocco

loco
Well that’s a bit bullshit.

Liverpool are not a CL clubs so are buying any player that fit their tactical approach and willing to join them whilst they don’t play in the UCL.

So I really doubt people would be partying after these transfers.

Their signings have been shit for some time, they are not getting in the CL because of this and there’s a big chance they don’t really improve enough to be in the CL next season aswell.
Come on, they've arguably signed two players better than the one we've signed.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Neither of them are better than Mount, especially not Szoboszlai

pocco

loco
Neither of them are better than Mount, especially not Szoboszlai
I've read more positive things said about the signing than I have Mount. And I personally think MacAllister is better, especially when you compare the last 12 months. Like I said though, arguably. But I reckon the muppets would be living it up if we'd signed them two for relatively decent money early doors.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I've read more positive things said about the signing than I have Mount. And I personally think MacAllister is better, especially when you compare the last 12 months. Like I said though, arguably. But I reckon the muppets would be living it up if we'd signed them two for relatively decent money early doors.
You mean ONLY when you compare the last 12 months

zaafi

In what world is Szoboszlai better than Mount? At least I can understand Mac Allister having had a decent season with Brighton and recently won the World Cup with Argentina, but I still don't think he's better than Mount.

Mount is generally very underrated on this forum having played for Chelsea and some bad performances for England. He's a very good player and I have no doubt Ten Hag will make him even better.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I mean, it is kind of a good idea to judge players on what they're currently doing in general. Did nothing for Chelsea and got dropped for England in the group stage after playing shite.
The guy was injured most of the season was he not?!

pocco

loco
In what world is Szoboszlai better than Mount? At least I can understand Mac Allister having had a decent season with Brighton and recently won the World Cup with Argentina, but I still don't think he's better than Mount.

Mount is generally very underrated on this forum having played for Chelsea and some bad performances for England. He's a very good player and I have no doubt Ten Hag will make him even better.
He's coming off a better season, two years younger and is highly rated. 23 goals and assists in 46 games last season. I said arguably better, which I think is fair to say. I've seen enough of Mount to say I'd have personally been happier with their signings right now.