Romeo Lavia | Chelsea bound?

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Sure, Mount is coming off the back of a poor season but the weeping and gnashing of teeth in here over Liverpool's signing of Szoboszlai for seventy million (70!!!) is mind boggling to me. We've paid an idiotic price for Mount and they've got a bargain? What?? Chelsea were a train wreck last year, 2 years ago, Mount was absolutely key in their Champions league run and victory. He'll be great for us.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Sure, Mount is coming off the back of a poor season but the weeping and gnashing of teeth in here over Liverpool's signing of Szoboszlai for seventy million (70!!!) is mind boggling to me. We've paid an idiotic price for Mount and they've got a bargain? What?? Chelsea were a train wreck last year, 2 years ago, Mount was absolutely key in their Champions league run and victory. He'll be great for us.
It’s the shiny new toy kid on the block with an exotic sounding name which multiples his talent by 10. Should know that by now!

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It’s pretty mad. I don’t even rate Mount particularly highly but jeez are our fans remarkably pessimistic and “grass is greener” obsessed

zaafi

He's coming off a better season, two years younger and is highly rated. 23 goals and assists in 46 games last season. I said arguably better, which I think is fair to say. I've seen enough of Mount to say I'd have personally been happier with their signings right now.
In terms of numbers, Szoboszlai has actually regressed this season as opposed to his first season with Leipzig, despite finishing higher up the table and playing more minutes.

It is also impossible to tell if he can translate these numbers to Premier League. He plays in a weak Bundesliga where Sancho absolutely destroyed the stats at an even younger age than Szoboszlai.

I think Mount will comfortably demonstrate being a better footballer than Szoboszlai this season, but we'll see!

glasgow 21

I mean, it is kind of a good idea to judge players on what they're currently doing in general. Did nothing for Chelsea and got dropped for England in the group stage after playing shite.
Calm Down so all being equal we are loosing out on mount whilst someone else bought a World Cup star like……….James Rodriquez ? World cups are for the 1% the rest is a slower version of national will and should never be judged against a club side, ever.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I mean, it is kind of a good idea to judge players on what they're currently doing in general. Did nothing for Chelsea and got dropped for England in the group stage after playing shite.
Whilst being mostly injured, yeah makes sense. Over the past 3 years hes ahead of both by a mile

Melvin Udall

Whilst being mostly injured, yeah makes sense. Over the past 3 years hes ahead of both by a mile
Mount is nearly 2 years older than Szoboszlai, and came up through Chelsea’s academy, not a few academies in Hungary. He absolutely should have produced more over the past 3 years. I’m far more confident in Ten Hag than I have been with any other manager post-SAF, and I am sure he has a meaningful plan for how to use Mount. But there’s no way to say with any certainty that he will definitely be better than Szoboszlai next year. Both players have question marks. That’s why they’re both going for much less than Bellingham or Rice.

ManRed

Think we are being linked to up the price. Dont think we are genuinely in for Lavia at this stage. Probably will sell Fred and Mctominay before making a move for a backup DM.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Mount is nearly 2 years older than Szoboszlai, and came up through Chelsea’s academy, not a few academies in Hungary. He absolutely should have produced more over the past 3 years. I’m far more confident in Ten Hag than I have been with any other manager post-SAF, and I am sure he has a meaningful plan for how to use Mount. But there’s no way to say with any certainty that he will definitely be better than Szoboszlai next year. Both players have question marks. That’s why they’re both going for much less than Bellingham or Rice.
Who said he will be better. I said he is better now follow the convo.

But if you want my opinion he will be better, thats an opinion though

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Yeah but you paid ninety five million (95!!!) for Antony last season. That's true brain fartedness.

NoPace

From a purely balance perspective, a deep-lying playmaker prospect like Lavia and a boring mean DM like Amrabat does make a lot of sense.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
It’s pretty mad. I don’t even rate Mount particularly highly but jeez are our fans remarkably pessimistic and “grass is greener” obsessed
Most of our fans need Liverpool seal of approval. If Liverpool signed Mount and we signed the players they did, same fans would be moaning about how Liverpool are getting more proven player for similar price or less.

Also how we shouldn't be signing from Bundesliga and then some nonsense about Kagawa, Mkhi, Sancho.

Real Name

Most people havent even heard of Szoboszlai up until now, yet he's supposedly better than Mount.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Best move for Lavia would be Burnley or somewhere else where he gets guaranteed starting XI position.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I've read more positive things said about the signing than I have Mount. And I personally think MacAllister is better, especially when you compare the last 12 months. Like I said though, arguably. But I reckon the muppets would be living it up if we'd signed them two for relatively decent money early doors.
Let’s not forget that Mount was a target for them too

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
We bought Darwin to score two (2!!!) in the 7-0. You bought Antony to score nil (0!!!) in the 7-0.

Evolution, dear Watson. ;)
You bought Nunez and he took you from 2nd to 5th or whatever position you ended up in.

Edwards6

We bought Darwin to score two (2!!!) in the 7-0. You bought Antony to score nil (0!!!) in the 7-0.

So funny that your season was so bad you're still clinging on to them 3 points you got in 1 game :lol:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Who finished in the top 4 after those two signings, devolutions greatest example?

Tarrou

Szoboszlai had a release clause