Romeo Lavia | Chelsea bound?

OverratedOpinion

What a great measure of success you have there!
A bit like winning 1 league title in 8 years would be a weird way of gauging long term success to us. Especially if we had to wait since the 80s for the so called best manager in the world to show up and do it. At least we know things are crap when we're not winning the league.

The glorious "we ran City really close" Era of Liverpool FC.

fergosaurus

I'm wary of entering the discussion on this page, but if I had to be in the Europa League this season, but it meant United beat Liverpool 7-0 last season, there's absolutely no way I'd accept the offer.

Big wins like that mean more when they're on their way to a success too, like winning a cup or title. I honestly couldn't tell you who scored or even what month that game was in.
When they hear the Europa theme song on Thursday nights they can comfort themselves by reminiscing about that time they won a game against United.

Rossa

No we wouldn't, nor am I seeing that about Szoboszlai because 99% of our fans haven't even seen a full game of him, ever.

Mount is a fine signing, albeit expensive for someone with one year left on his deal. He's a good squad addition and will be an added value while you're competing in four competitions (at least before Christmas). But I think we kinda know what he is by now, while Szoboszlai right now has the potential to grow into an elite player. He's almost two years younger than Mount and will have to prove himself in a much tougher league than he's ever played in.

His bust potential is a lot higher than Mount's, but his ceiling is probably a lot higher as well. Remains to be seen whether he can develop properly - I think the likeliest outcome is somewhere in the middle and he wouldn't be a flop if he ends up around Mount's level. That said I do think it's much easier to get excited about his signing than about Mount's.
Weird post. I know little of him so he could be rubbish. Likewise he could turn out elite/better. Probably somewhere in the middle. Covered all bases there, mate.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Shows that we haven't been quite as bad as you thought. Besides, Liverpool very rarely finished above us when we were in our pomp. Might have happened once maybe.
I don’t really have a clue what you are trying to argue anymore, mate. If you’re trying to say you’ve been as successful as us these last 7-8 years since you finished as much above us as we did above you - agree to disagree, nothing more to say about it.

Remember the geese

I don’t really have a clue what you are trying to argue anymore, mate. If you’re trying to say you’ve been as successful as us these last 7-8 years since you finished as much above us as we did above you - agree to disagree, nothing more to say about it.
I just found the smug attitude quite amusing seeing as we finish above you half the time. Nothing more to it than that.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I just found the smug attitude quite amusing seeing as we finish above you half the time. Nothing more to it than that.
It wasn’t meant as smug, it was matter-of-fact. There’s no difference in finishing 2nd or 3th, from a success perspective.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
That's a hilariously short window you're taking into account as an argument. If you look at our performances, league finishes, trophies and signings under Klopp and compare that to Utd, it's not hard to see that we have done a lot better in the last 7-8 years than United.

Even last season we just got fecked by an atrocious start after a draining 21/22 season that ended in disappointment, bound to take a toll on (some) players. I wouldn't be surprised if we picked up more points than both Arsenal and United after the World Cup (or at the very least in the same mould). Given our two signings are in the area we desperately needed improvement in, surely it's not hard to see why we are already optimistic about the new season (also no CL means heavy UEL squad rotation and fresher starters in the league).
Those things are fair but a EL run is normally considered more draining than a CL one

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I'm not saying you shouldn't be optimistic. If you follow what was said, njred was banging the tired drum that United still don't know what they are doing while Liverpool do. That's fecking funny after the season's we both just had. Also, it's not as if United didn't have issues of our own last season.
I'm hearing this so often this summer. The lack of self awareness from Utd fans is astounding, and I shouldn't really be surprised anymore right?

You do know Ole finished ahead, way further ahead than ETH, over us one season. And poor old Ole didn't even lose 7-0 or just about break a goal difference of double figures in the last two games of the season. I understand you being optimistic for next season but don't go in blind. It will hurt a lot more.

daba

I'm hearing this so often this summer. The lack of self awareness from Utd fans is astounding, and I shouldn't really be surprised anymore right?

You do know Ole finished ahead, way further ahead than ETH, over us one season. And poor old Ole didn't even lose 7-0 or just about break a goal difference of double figures in the last two games of the season. I understand you being optimistic for next season but don't go in blind. It will hurt a lot more.
Get over it. One freak game isn’t worth missing out on CL and certainly doesn’t mean you had a better season. Utd will and always will be a more attractive club, accept it and move on.

Can we please just keep this forum on topic or better ban these feckers. Boring.

redcucumber

Our points per game was better under ten Hag than it was under Ole I'm pretty sure? That's a better barometer of where we're at as opposed to how much further ahead we finished of Liverpool. Otherwise you're just cherry picking seasons to make whatever point you like - Brendan Rodgers had one season where he finished ahead, further ahead than Klopp, over us one season.

I don't really understand how It's United fans that are lacking self awareness. We just finished 3rd, won a trophy, and were in the FA Cup final (with Weghorst as our striker). You finished 5th. Those are the facts.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Good addition for them despite his price, but in today's market which good player with potential is not worth 50M minimum ?

The new 3 midfielders they have will give them more stability and legs.

They will be a threat again next season I guess.

goatmeister

Supports
PSKI
It's been a while since Liverpool shop at Saint Melwood.
But goodness me, £50m for 19 yo with a season under his belt, from relegated side?
Mad transfer season

NLunited

It's been a while since Liverpool shop at Saint Melwood.
But goodness me, £50m for 19 yo with a season under his belt, from relegated side?
Mad transfer season
Agree, seems high for a player who still is undercooked.

Real Name

Oh the irony, the sweet irony.

GusHyd

Supports
Southampton
Saints fan’s view on Romeo Lavia.

He’s a ridiculous talent, I’ve not seen a 19 year old have such natural calmness on the ball. He has an amazing footballing brain and just seems to have the knack of being in the right place at the right time. He has a good engine, and can cover ground quickly. He times a tackle well, rarely giving away fouls. He’s combative and up for the fight which compared to the rest of the rubbish Saints players offered last season was great to watch. In terms of talented players we’ve had, I’d put him in the VVD, Shaw and Mane bracket. A lot of potential to become world class.

I really really really hope we don’t sell him to Liverpool, fed up of them signing players of us! I actually think he’d be perfect for United alongside Casemiro with Mount in front. He has the energy to cover the whole pitch and the passing range to unlock some of United’s attackers.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Oh the irony, the sweet irony.
I've raised awareness many times to Utd fans on here. The Top 5 Defenders (Maguire) thread. The Ole deserves a new contract thread(s). The Ronaldo signing will set you back years comment. There are many more.

Real Name

I've raised awareness many times to Utd fans on here. The Top 5 Defenders (Maguire) thread. The Ole deserves a new contract thread(s). The Ronaldo signing will set you back years comment. There are many more.
Irony is about Liverpool fan going on about lack of self awareness.

OverratedOpinion

We've had a bad few years and you criticise alot of what we do. You're not exactly Nostradamus.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
If I didn't hate the scouse as much as I do, I'd have some sympathy for their best side in 30 odd years being restricted to two big trophies by the most financially doped, rule- breaking team of all time. Then I also recall they were only too happy to see City stop us winning a few titles and so I say... ah well.

Trophy Room

I’m gutted that he’s going to the scousers. He’s brilliant. Unfortunately, they’ll be good again next season.

Hammondo

He's very tidy, very comfortable with the ball and in tight spaces, great weight to his passes.

Lee565

Ain't gonna lie would much rather had seen us sign this guy instead of mount who I am really underwhelmed about

zaafi

Ain't gonna lie would much rather had seen us sign this guy instead of mount who I am really underwhelmed about
They are entirely different players. Lavia could be someone that takes over for Casemiro eventually, and he would just be his backup if we got him in now.

Lee565

They are entirely different players. Lavia could be someone that takes over for Casemiro eventually, and he would just be his backup if we got him in now.
True but casimero could be played further forward and has shown at united he has more to his game than just shielding defence like he did at madrid