Ronaldinho

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Was only flicking back and forth during the Milan - Madrid game tonight but from what I saw it looked to me like Ronaldinho is getting back to his best. Some great dribbling throughout the game, some players were kicking at him and falling over and he was still going. Saw an outrageous piece of control with his chest as well.

How's he been doing this season so far? Is he getting back to his old ways? Was the game a one off? Or did I just flick over during the good things he did?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
you flicked over at that one time when he actually tried to run at someone

for about 75 minutes he was a quivering fat blob on the wing, who couldn't beat his man. He really looks like he has lost more than a yard of pace, and has piled on a few pounds. When he got subbed it looked like he was waddling off the pitch

JazzG

Resident Arse.
He showed the odd flash here or there but like gb says for most of the game he looked lazy and didn't really have many ideas. Can't believe a player aged 29 can lose the kind of pace he has and it has been like that for a few years now. He needs to lose some weight as his fitness clearly isn't up to scratch.

Was watching with someone and amazing how a few years ago everyone was going on about but he seems to have completely fallen off the radar.

x42bn6

Ronaldinho has been less consistent than Nani. Brilliant and pathetic against rubbish sides, anonymous in some big games, sometimes pulling out only one good piece of magic per game. Really unfit and stupidly lazy. He's been decent these past few games but I'm expecting him to go into hiding pretty soon.

HsJ

What is it with these magic Brazilans and obesity in the latter parts of the career. Just recently there has been Fat Ronaldo, Fat Ronaldinho and Fat Adriano.

Its getting a bit stupid now, these lads should join the Ryan Giggs School of "Playing 'til Your 40".

x42bn6

What is it with these magic Brazilans and obesity in the latter parts of the career. Just recently there has been Fat Ronaldo, Fat Ronaldinho and Fat Adriano.

Its getting a bit stupid now, these lads should join the Ryan Giggs School of "Playing 'til Your 40".
Ronaldo and Adriano are reinventing their careers in Brazil - Adriano is on the fringes of the Brazil squad while Ronaldo rumours are flittering around - but both have good scoring tallies at the moment.

Ronaldinho may need to do something similar one day.

davisjw

Same ole as other games: Flashes of brilliance, rest of the time doing nothing. He does seem to be getting a spark back and he's smiling again so who knows...

AttackingFlair

It's a shame really. If he got back to full fitness and if he really wanted to he could be up there with the likes of Messi easily. He's not even that old.

Laphroaig

Ronaldo and Adriano are reinventing their careers in Brazil - Adriano is on the fringes of the Brazil squad while Ronaldo rumours are flittering around - but both have good scoring tallies at the moment.

Ronaldinho may need to do something similar one day.
Whatever those are doing in the Brazilian league, it's not even close to being comparable to being the best player in the premier league.

Lailiani

(Sadly not) Banned

It's not fair to compare Ronaldo to Adriano or Ronaldinho. Ronaldo has always struggled with injuries and every other player would have lost faith and motivation. But Ronaldo always bounced back and never lost his hunger. With all these injuries, you really can't blame him to lose fitness now and then. Nothing to do with laziness - he's simply unlucky to be injury-prone.

With Adriano, it's a different kettle of fish, too. Adriano suffers from depressions and as a medicine student, I would never call someone like him lazy. He's ill and if Ryan Giggs was also ill, he would probably be the same. He was a great prospect, mind you - I remember how I always thought he could become a player like Ronaldo. Great talent who was never able to fulfill his potential.

Sojiro

Formerly MST3K
"Sometimes you're not sure about a player,&qu
It appears the desire is not there. Like he's accomplished all he can and is just collecting a pay check these days.
agreed. he appears uninterested in football and only in partying. There was him being sighted in a french bar with a live band in the wee hours of the morning after a CL game in Paris. Its amazing how things worked out for us in regards to him and ronaldo.

This game he looked rooted to the left touchline and unwilling to move forward or backwards, possibly in fear of falling over and stuck on his back. Look a tad better for spells in the second half, once pirlo scored Milan looked dangerous.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
If he's interested at actually getting back to football, I'd love to see him in a United shirt. He has that it factor, but piss poor management has let him slide off the scale.

One of the best footballers of the world game just fades off in to obscurity.

Whether Ronaldinho wants to believe it or not, he has something to prove. He may have won it all, but his reputation is tarnished. How does his pride let him do that?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
apart from couple of instances towards the end where he got past his man and got involved a little in the final third he was absolutely woeful. Had a complete stinker if a game. All he did was get the ball on tv left with back to defender and pass it back or try a dribble and fail. Sad to see.

On another note seedorf seems to be doing soemething if a Ryan giggs. He's still got it.

Cold_Boy

It's not fair to compare Ronaldo to Adriano or Ronaldinho. Ronaldo has always struggled with injuries and every other player would have lost faith and motivation. But Ronaldo always bounced back and never lost his hunger. With all these injuries, you really can't blame him to lose fitness now and then. Nothing to do with laziness - he's simply unlucky to be injury-prone.

With Adriano, it's a different kettle of fish, too. Adriano suffers from depressions and as a medicine student, I would never call someone like him lazy. He's ill and if Ryan Giggs was also ill, he would probably be the same. He was a great prospect, mind you - I remember how I always thought he could become a player like Ronaldo. Great talent who was never able to fulfill his potential.
Adriano was never gonna be better or even close to as good as Ronaldo.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
He showed the odd flash here or there but like gb says for most of the game he looked lazy and didn't really have many ideas. Can't believe a player aged 29 can lose the kind of pace he has and it has been like that for a few years now. He needs to lose some weight as his fitness clearly isn't up to scratch.
TBF what he needs is to find is motivation. He looks devoid of any. IMO he currently treats his pro career as a beach kick about with pals.

RedThaiDevils#7

Married with Manchester United, In love with Giggs
Was only flicking back and forth during the Milan - Madrid game tonight but from what I saw it looked to me like Ronaldinho is getting back to his best. Some great dribbling throughout the game, some players were kicking at him and falling over and he was still going. Saw an outrageous piece of control with his chest as well.

How's he been doing this season so far? Is he getting back to his old ways? Was the game a one off? Or did I just flick over during the good things he did?
You just flicked to see that good control by his chest, I was watching the first half and to be honest he was man marked by both S.Ramos and Lass. Couldn't even budge.

I'd still rate that he still has a good eye for a pass, but his lack of pace and explosive flair makes him a dull player compared to his peak form.

RedThaiDevils#7

Married with Manchester United, In love with Giggs
TBF what he needs is to find is motivation. He looks devoid of any. IMO he currently treats his pro career as a beach kick about with pals.
I still think he looks a bit too chubby, thus making him look like he doesn't have the motivatation and also doesn't look like he has that explosive pace or the unbelievable flair to make things happen.

Alex

In all honesty, he has won it all, literally everything, once he swirled down the world of parties and liquor there was no coming back. Sad, because he was an unreal talent, and in his prime better than any other player this decade. But, he is done, sure there is something still in him, but he can't be asked, he can and will rest on his laurels, and keep playing for a nice paycheque with that buck tooth smile for several more years.

Dyslexic Untied

GB is correct. He was extremely poor for the first three quarters of the game, and then turned it on a bit at the end.

Would love to see him get back to his old self, but I don't think that will ever happen.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
One thing that hasn't been mentioned yet in this thread is how his fantastic passing ability has all gone to shite. These days, he doesn't seem capable of passing the ball properly to a teammate five yards away.
Agreed.. I mean he attempted alot of passes through the eye of the needle which in his heyday would consistently come off.. which went straight to a madrid player.

I thought passing was the last thing to go once you age, or pass your peak? I just think it's symptomatic of his attitude towards the game in general

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
seems to have lost a level of pace in his head moreso than his feet.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Goofy has clearly lost his mojo, although he seems to have a peculiar ability to bring some of it back. Had he been with us the entire time since 2003, i get the sense SAF would've gotten more out of him.

As for Fat Ron, i'm convinced he'll be in the Brazil squad in the end if he continues to play at a decent level in Brazil.

JazzG

Resident Arse.
I agree, he needed to be around a manager who could provide him with the motivation to keep going because that obviously is his issue. In a short space of time he won the world cup, la liga and CL so I think he just couldn't be bothered anymore. A shame really as he was quite an extraordinary talent.

A move away from Italy would probably do him some good, I reckon he could come here and if he was under the right manager still have something to offer.

Brophs

The One and Only
He's just a fat mess who's become a paycheck player.

Sad, but that's where he's at.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Maybe he's slowly getting back on track, yes his performances aren't as complete as before but if you watched the Roma match and last night, you'd notice a few improvements

Member 39557

Maybe playing in a milan team with other players past their peak doesn't help with motivation?

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
It's not just a case of motivation. The explosive acceleration which seperates the great from the good is gone - forever.

FranklyVulgar

I've got a pretty little mouth underneath all the
He seems to be playing well when the team are but no longer able to lift the team on his own. He started off well, then went out the game for about an hour, then came to life after pirlos goal. It's frustrating watching him now, we all know the talent he has and with dedication and a degree of professionalism he could still be a class above most players.

Boss

Melodramatic, attention seeking space-attacker
I left you with enough memories to resurrect me wi
I thought he was shite as per usual, what was his stats, misplaced almost every other pass? He's the laziest player I've ever seen in my entire life and games seem to bypass him these days. Sir Alex probably has more agility than he does.

If you like seeing a fancy flick every 30 mins as some fans enjoy, then yes he had a good game. For me it was the same ol', invisible for long periods lost the ball and did not look bothered, his best contribution was slapping Raul for me! He's finished and should go back to Brazil,Milan don't need players that couldn't give a feck.

Plan M

you flicked over at that one time when he actually tried to run at someone

for about 75 minutes he was a quivering fat blob on the wing, who couldn't beat his man. He really looks like he has lost more than a yard of pace, and has piled on a few pounds. When he got subbed it looked like he was waddling off the pitch
^ This.

He wouldn't get into most top sides in Europe now, why the feck Milan persist with him is anyone's guess.

Suedesi

Had a very good game compared to the dire shyte he puts in week in week out in Serie A. I think he enjoyed the duels with Sergio Ramos and managed to leave Sergio on his arse a couple of times. Quite clearly not anywhere near his performance in Bernabeu circa '06, but much better than the typical performance in San Siro circa '09.