g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Ronaldo (37) Slaps Phone Out of Child’s (14) Hand | Charged after 5 months of deliberation

OverratedOpinion

Sporting heroes not being very good people shocker!

I am just incredibly pleased that social media was not around to truly highlight this when I was a kid and really looked up to football players, I know this is one that you would have heard about anyway but the almost endless stream of players being entitled dickheads would have left me heartbroken back then.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
@rimaldo is recycling a joke that has been made twenty times in this thread already. It was hilarious when others did it but they were ignored, then suddenly the great shithead says it and everyone starts sucking him off like he skeets an immortality potion from his twelve inch cock.

I hope Ronaldo smacks the phone out of his hand the next time he sees him, and then buys him a new one that has a caps lock.

fecking rimaldo, he's the biggest problem with the club. All of the players obviously don't see the point in working hard because they know that at the end of the year the funniest poster vote will be rigged yet again.
Errr Ok...

big rons sovereign

So let me get this straight, having your autistic 14 year old child surrounded by frothy mouthed scousers hurling abuse at total strangers is fine, but one of those strangers slapping his phone away is trauma inducing?
Where's the compo face? Dammit, I demand to see compo face.

AndySmith1990

Sporting heroes not being very good people shocker!

I am just incredibly pleased that social media was not around to truly highlight this when I was a kid and really looked up to football players, I know this is one that you would have heard about anyway but the almost endless stream of players being entitled dickheads would have left me heartbroken back then.
Never meet your heroes, they say. I'm beginning to think that's probably very good advice in most cases.

copen1945

This is up to him as a person to deal with. I hope the club would keep its distance from this, whatever this is.

Statue of Limitations

Was a shitty thing to do tbh, what else is there to say?
Not like Ronny hasn't been given shit before now is it.

He owned up to it quick which is to his credit.

Chripper

It was a joke :)

I´d rather meant if Ronaldo had traveled to the lads home to make peace yet, which I think would be a classy move by him, if the family approved it!
Good idea. Then Ronaldo can finish him!! :devil:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Judging from the footage, I don’t think he realize that was a kid, as he didn’t even look up for a sec at his face. Its just a crowd of fans mocking him on his way to tunnel, and someone from the crowd waving his phone trying to film him with his injured leg.

He simply lost it trying to smash the phone on ground, happens all the time with celebrities smashing the journalists’ camera trying to filming them off streets.

He will likely to get a fine from the club, compensation to the poor kid’s family, and a ban for several games, with some more PR gesture trying to apologize to the kid in public. At worst will be found guilty of damaging some someone else property in court. The so called assault isn’t intentional by all means, as he only overreacted and trying to smash someone’s phone on the ground filming him, but with someone hand holding onto it which then get hurt at the process, so that would be the tricky part.

BlueHaze

Judging from the footage, I don’t think he realize that was a kid, as he didn’t even look up for a sec at his face. Its just a crowd of fans mocking him on his way to tunnel, and someone from the crowd waving his phone trying to film him with his injured leg.

He simply lost it trying to smash the phone on ground, happens all the time with celebrities smashing the journalists’ camera trying to filming them off streets.

He will likely to get a fine from the club, compensation to the poor kid’s family, and a ban for several games, with some more PR gesture trying to apologize to the kid in public. At worst will be found guilty of damaging some someone else property in court. The so called assault isn’t intentional by all means, as he only overreacted and trying to smash someone’s phone on the ground filming him, but with someone hand holding onto it which then get hurt at the process, so that would be the tricky part.
If they ban him several games for that it's a joke but I wouldn't be surprised. Daft what he did yes, but an insane amount of people are overreacting.

AndySmith1990

Was a shitty thing to do tbh, what else is there to say?
Not like Ronny hasn't been given shit before now is it.

He owned up to it quick which is to his credit.
I was expecting him to stick on a fake moustache and spend a few days denying it was him in the video footage

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Probably already been said but why have they muted the footage?

DavelinaJolie

What Ronaldo did was out of order, but seeing the abuse received going down Evertons tunnel plus his injured leg and those waving phones in his proximity I am not surprised he did what he did. Players are HUMAN BEINGS, Cristiano must be so frustrated by the the cowards around him and those not willing to even try. I pray he is here next year under Ten Hag with those will to actually bloody try for more than 20 minutes. Those saying Ronaldo is and has been the problem are deluded and need to look at the bigger picture, Jose Mourinho called out those who are still here as gutless, spineless and trouble makers. If Sir Alex was still here 75% of this Squad would have been dismantled, Klopp and Pep wouldn't be able to do anything with these players as there in it for 1 thing $$$.

For the remainder of this season play U21s with Ronnie, Bruno, Sancho, Elanga and De Gea and see the DIFFERENCE with commitment. I give 0 tosses if we lose every game but see us try to the final whistle. This Ronaldo story has been blown so out of proportion. Ronnie would have in the dressing room been disgusted with his reactions but everyone saying his assaulted this kid are jokers, he broke his phone not his hand, wrist or even got a bloody bruise from Ronnies actions. I don't condone what he did but this has been dragged out as the kids mother is seeing money and that is it.
This one is right, it's all Maguire's fault.

Deery

Dreary
We’ve all heard language before haven’t we? Why mute the thing? Only throws into question the credibility of the victim.
All the Everton fans are chanting “You’re fecking shit, you’re fecking shit.” but that probably wouldn’t look as good.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
So let me get this straight, having your autistic 14 year old child surrounded by frothy mouthed scousers hurling abuse at total strangers is fine, but one of those strangers slapping his phone away is trauma inducing?
Where's the compo face? Dammit, I demand to see compo face.
No one is lining up to hand her any mother of the year awards and she was probably smiling on the inside when she saw that bruise on her boy’s hand but Ronaldo brought it on himself.

She’ll be one scouser happy to get in bed with The Sun.

copen1945

No one is lining up to hand her any mother of the year awards and she was probably smiling on the inside when she saw that bruise on her boy’s hand but Ronaldo brought it on himself.

She’s be one scouser happy to get in bed with The Sun.
Hopefully, that isn't the line that Ronaldo's PR firm is recommending. It was used before in Las Vegas.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Hopefully, that isn't the line that Ronaldo's PR firm is recommending. It was used before in Las Vegas.
his pr team doesn’t have a lot of wiggle room. the kid’s 14 and from merseyside. it’s not like he could have got the bruise from school. best course of action is to claim he hurt his hand during a botched break in attempt imo.

Deery

Dreary
Ronaldo hasn’t got a leg to stand on in this instance, be as well just taking it on the chin. I’m not quite sure how much the police will actually take the bruising seriously though, but they very well could do him for criminal damage.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Bit random but I have a completely true story on the subject of special needs and slaps.

A friend of mine was once in a butterfly farm (there’s probably a special word for them but can’t remember) when a special needs school visited. You could stand in a big room and the butterflies would land all over you. Unfortunately one of the kids slapped a butterfly and the rest of them thought that was the beginning of a game. Absolute carnage ensued.
:lol:

Oranges038

Kid should be happy he had the good fortune to make close contact with a legend, and he should never wash that hand again.

But really, I'd love to know what Carragher thinks about all of this.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
If they ban him several games for that it's a joke but I wouldn't be surprised. Daft what he did yes, but an insane amount of people are overreacting.
Can you please point to people overreacting, doesn't even have to be an insane amount.

Surely what's more noticeable is the number of people saying "let's not overreact" when noone was overreacting in the first place.
And I'm not even talking about those people saying stuff like claiming the fact the reddit video is muted undermines "the victim's credibility" or that the kid invaded Ronaldo's privacy etc :lol:

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Are you saying it was consensual phone breaking?
that’s the problem with it nowadays. these kids go out and get drunk, lead these footballers on and wake up in the morning with a bruised hand and then suddenly cry foul.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
that’s the problem with it nowadays. these kids go out and get drunk, lead these footballers on and wake up in the morning with a bruised hand and then suddenly cry foul.
Shouldn't have held such a shiny phone if he didn't want it to be smashed!

Abizzz

To be perfectly honest we should all be allowed to smash someones phone from their hands at least once a weak.

Barthez

Snowflake generation strikes again. Glad I wasn't a kid in the 2000s. In the 80s/90s we just got on with it instead of complaining about everything. You don't want your phone breaking, don't hang it out into a crowded place. Ronaldo will replace the phone I am sure anyway, no doubt with a better model. Anything other than a "don't do it again warning to Ronaldo" and the World has gone mad.....

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
The nerve of them and they always target the charitable footballers too so they get a - totally unrelated to any wrong-doing of course - £300,000 out of court settlement that in no way says anything about what may or may not have happened.

Deery

Dreary
Keane would’ve done shit, plastic hard man on the pitch with referees and teammates behind him. Never once seen him punch out a fan in all my years of supporting..