Ronaldo (37) Slaps Phone Out of Child’s (14) Hand | Charged after 5 months of deliberation

BenitoSTARR

Scout
Supports
⭐
Keane would’ve done shit, plastic hard man on the pitch with referees and teammates behind him. Never once seen him punch out a fan in all my years of supporting..
He hasn’t done enough charity work to get away with it. Remind me how much he needs to donate to be a good man who is allowed to assault children and still be a good man?

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Snowflake generation strikes again. Glad I wasn't a kid in the 2000s. In the 80s/90s we just got on with it instead of complaining about everything. You don't want your phone breaking, don't hang it out into a crowded place. Ronaldo will replace the phone I am sure anyway, no doubt with a better model. Anything other than a "don't do it again warning to Ronaldo" and the World has gone mad.....
Oh take the rolled up Daily Mail out of your ass.

Deery

Dreary
He hasn’t done enough charity work to get away with it. Remind me how much he needs to donate to be a good man who is allowed to assault children and still be a good man?
Keane does lots of charity work, regularly gives to food banks and children’s hospitals in Ireland but feck him because Jimmy Saville or something (Caf logic)..

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Keane does loads of charity work, he has enough credits to kill a puppy. Also in the 80s we just put puppies in a sack and threw them in the canal.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Keane does loads of charity work, he has enough credits to kill a puppy. Also in the 80s we just put puppies in a sack and threw them in the canal.
a sack? our family couldn’t afford a sack. it used to be the youngun’s job to dispatch them with a hammer.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
a sack? our family couldn’t afford a sack. it used to be the youngun’s job to dispatch them with a hammer.

We had a few families like that on our estate. But they never complained. We never mentioned it but when we could afford it we bought an extra hovis and left it on their doorstep. It was the 80s so nobody complained.

BenitoSTARR

Scout
Supports
⭐
Keane does lots of charity work, regularly gives to food banks and children’s hospitals in Ireland but feck him because Jimmy Saville or something (Caf logic)..
So you’re telling me he can assault who he wants… good to know.
We hadn’t the money for a hammer we had to use a rolled up newspaper.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Hammers, HAMMERS? Ohhhhhh look at mr lardy da over here with his hammers! We couldnt afford hammers, the kids had to rip the puppies throats out with their teeth ya soft tart. Hammers!

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
We had a few families like that on our estate. But they never complained. We never mentioned it but when we could afford it we bought an extra hovis and left it on their doorstep. It was the 80s so nobody complained.
we always wondered who used to drop round the pleasure loaf. father used to get awful angry if one of my older brothers had soggied it up before he’d had his go on it.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Hammers, HAMMERS? Ohhhhhh look at mr lardy da over here with his hammers! We couldnt afford hammers, the kids had to rip the puppies throats out with their teeth ya soft tart. Hammers!
Wait, you could afford teeth?

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
we always wondered who used to drop round the pleasure loaf. father used to get awful angry if one of my older brothers had soggied it up before he’d had his go on it.
Yes that was us, it was Dad's way of making up for punching the children that worked down the pit, they never complained but he still felt he should do something.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Yes that was us, it was Dad's way of making up for punching the children that worked down the pit, they never complained but he still felt he should do something.
they shouldn’t have been using their phones at work. your dad was one of the good guys.

90 + 5min

Wee bastards anyway..

If that is the same kid, I wonder if his mom will go to newspaper or write on twitter about behaviour and language now that we see things in different light.

And no, this is not some excuse for Ronaldo. Just pointing out that it usually is two sides of everything.

BenitoSTARR

Scout
Supports
⭐
That’s your Jimmy Saville logic at work again, you really need to sort that out.
Why on earth are you taking about him?

We get it Ronaldo does charity work so he’s allowed to assault a set number of people each year and still be a good man. It’s a bit like using nectar/club card points to do your Christmas shop only replace the points with money and the Christmas shop with grown man slapping a child.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
He shouldn't have done it but it's dumb how close the home fans can get to the away players. I read it's a Covid legacy thing but if they wanted to keep it, they should have put some barriers in place.

I also understand Ronaldo wasn't happy they were filming his injury although he's in a public place and has to live with it.

All in all, definitely not worth the assault charges beyond getting a payday for the little bin dipper and his family, of course.

Deery

Dreary
Why on earth are you taking about him?

We get it Ronaldo does charity work so he’s allowed to assault a set number of people each year and still be a good man. It’s a bit like using nectar/club card points to do your Christmas shop only replace the points with money and the Christmas shop with grown man slapping a child.
You didn’t even read the thread did you just jumped to conclusions, the poster was saying he’s an absolutely awful human being and I was saying he’s not, nothing to do with the phone incident..

BenitoSTARR

Scout
Supports
⭐
You didn’t even read the thread did you just jumped to conclusions, the poster was saying he’s an absolutely awful human being and I was saying he’s not, nothing to do with the phone incident..
I did I’m just seeing how far you’ll defend Ronaldo

I do also believe Ronaldo is not a good man. I believe the previous high profile accusations levied against him and I don’t believe that charity work absolves people of those misdemeanours.

Do you believe it’s ok for Ronaldo to have done what he has to this child/young adult?

Ronaldo has been one of the greatest footballers ever to have lived, he’s donated a lot to many charities over the years and will continue to do so and I also don’t think he’s a good man.

Deery

Dreary
I did I’m just seeing how far you’ll defend Ronaldo

I do also believe Ronaldo is not a good man. I believe the previous high profile accusations levied against him and I don’t believe that charity work absolves people of those misdemeanours.

Do you believe it’s ok for Ronaldo to have done what he has to this child/young adult?

Ronaldo has been one of the greatest footballers ever to have lived, he’s donated a lot to many charities over the years and will continue to do so and I also don’t think he’s a good man.
I was one of the first to say it.

It’s never right to break somebody else’s property over something they have no control over, hopefully he replaces the phone and gives a genuine apology
I don’t think any of those allegations were ever proved to be true, so I can’t comment on them it would just be speculation of what happened.

BenitoSTARR

Scout
Supports
⭐
I was one of the first to say it.

I don’t think any of those allegations were ever proved to be true, so I can’t comment on them it would just be speculation of what happened.
I feel like we’re making progress here.

Having had time to reflect do you understand why people were pointing out that charity work (however impressive and bountiful) does not always show the full the content of one’s character?

In the same way that an absolutely stupid act of petulance towards a fan (who I am sure Ronaldo had no idea of their age or other circumstances) also doesn’t completely demonise someone.

I mean I don’t donate as much money as Ronaldo but I’ve never assaulted someone at work so does that make me better/worse/the same as him :lol: ?

Chripper

Is this the kid who got his phone smashed? :lol:
l.o.l

What a lovely wee cherub.

Just shows that you have to find out all parts of the story. The press will probably make out that he's the 2022 reincarnation of Tiny Tim. On crutches and respectful and full of humility and dignity, even though he's clearly on death's door.

But this is the reality:

A wee chav who is probably a latch-key kid who's only interaction with his parents is going to Everton matches to watch his team lose and to dole out abuse to professional footballers.

Talking of dole, probably how his parents can afford tickets.

(Not that I'm condoning what Ronaldo did. If this was the kid, welcome to the world of actions having consequences)

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Everyone talked about Ronaldo smashing the kids phone but what are the chances that the reason why the kid went into the match and sat in that place was because Moyes recommended it to him during a meet and greet session when he was still managing Everton?

Moyes' fault.

big rons sovereign

No one is lining up to hand her any mother of the year awards and she was probably smiling on the inside when she saw that bruise on her boy’s hand but Ronaldo brought it on himself.

She’ll be one scouser happy to get in bed with The Sun.
Shiny new phone and a shellsuit for his mum should be enough to cover it.

Withnail

If that is the same kid, I wonder if his mom will go to newspaper or write on twitter about behaviour and language now that we see things in different light.

And no, this is not some excuse for Ronaldo. Just pointing out that it usually is two sides of everything.
Is this the kid who got his phone smashed? :lol:
If it is I hope he gets the proper punishment
(Watching us v Norwich)
l.o.l

What a lovely wee cherub.

Just shows that you have to find out all parts of the story. The press will probably make out that he's the 2022 reincarnation of Tiny Tim. On crutches and respectful and full of humility and dignity, even though he's clearly on death's door.

But this is the reality:

A wee chav who is probably a latch-key kid who's only interaction with his parents is going to Everton matches to watch his team lose and to dole out abuse to professional footballers.

Talking of dole, probably how his parents can afford tickets.

(Not that I'm condoning what Ronaldo did. If this was the kid, welcome to the world of actions having consequences)

Deery

Dreary
I feel like we’re making progress here.

Having had time to reflect do you understand why people were pointing out that charity work (however impressive and bountiful) does not always show the full the content of one’s character?

In the same way that an absolutely stupid act of petulance towards a fan (who I am sure Ronaldo had no idea of their age or other circumstances) also doesn’t completely demonise someone.

I mean I don’t donate as much money as Ronaldo but I’ve never assaulted someone at work so does that make me better/worse/the same as him :lol: ?
I know charity work doesn’t absolve someone of any thing the may or may not have done, but I genuinely think he’s a decent sort and the generosity is just apart of his nature not a sneaky way to look whiter than white.

I don’t know maybe you are a really good guy I have no way of telling but I’d like to think you are, at the end of the day it’s something I see which I think is pretty decent of him and I can only go by that.