Ronaldo (37) Slaps Phone Out of Child’s (14) Hand | Charged after 5 months of deliberation

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Yeah, Ronaldo smashes the kid's phone like 20 seconds before Bruno walks past, as can also be clearly seen in the long reddit clip, so obviously couldn't be filming Bruno later.
But hey, it's the internet eh. Bin dippers on the dole hoping for a cashout to buy a new tracksuit!

Abraxas

What a storm in a teacup this is. Silly thing to do, buy him a new phone and move on. Not worthy of the micro analysis, was expecting him to have drop kicked a kid in the head on the thread title and length of this.

Always seems to be an element of self flagellation with our fans and the way we react to trivial events with the players. We're crap and we know that, doesn't mean these non events like Fletcher telling a fan he's a silly boy and Ronaldo knocking an electronic device onto the floor are epic scandals.

big rons sovereign

Given you can see the smashed phone in that clip…
Doesn't even look smashed, why's it not got a case and a screen protector on it?
Also, find me a teenager who doesn't hasn't have a smashed screen on their phone. I'm always amazed when I see tha state of them.

Withnail

Yeah, Ronaldo smashes the kid's phone like 20 seconds before Bruno walks past, as can also be clearly seen in the long reddit clip, so obviously couldn't be filming Bruno later.
But hey, it's the internet eh. Bin dippers on the dole hoping for a cashout to buy a new tracksuit!
It's definitely the thread that keeps giving :lol:

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
What a storm in a teacup this is. Silly thing to do, buy him a new phone and move on. Not worthy of the micro analysis, was expecting him to have drop kicked a kid in the head on the thread title and length of this.

Always seems to be an element of self flagellation with our fans and the way we react to trivial events with the players. We're crap and we know that, doesn't mean these non events like Fletcher telling a fan he's a silly boy and Ronaldo knocking an electronic device onto the floor are epic scandals.
It’s not an epic scandal. The only reason this thread is 15 pages long is because of the (frankly hilarious) attempts from assorted Ronaldo fans to try and pretend he didn’t act like a petulant twat (a personality trait we’ve known about him since his teens anyway)

Barthez

It’s not an epic scandal. The only reason this thread is 15 pages long is because of the (frankly hilarious) attempts from assorted Ronaldo fans to try and pretend he didn’t act like a petulant twat (a personality trait we’ve known about him since his teens anyway)
That's what it was, petulant, nothing more, nothing less. Buy the kid a new phone, throw him a signed shirt and move on. I am far more concerned with AWB speeding and driving whilst banned than I am with this non incidence.

BenitoSTARR

Scout
Supports
⭐
I know charity work doesn’t absolve someone of any thing the may or may not have done, but I genuinely think he’s a decent sort and the generosity is just apart of his nature not a sneaky way to look whiter than white.

I don’t know maybe you are a really good guy I have no way of telling but I’d like to think you are, at the end of the day it’s something I see which I think is pretty decent of him and I can only go by that.
A much more measured response. If you accept all at face value.
"we used to dream of our avin our phones smashed. We used to get the shit kicked out of us by Bobby Charlton and we'd thank him for it"
Only Charlton? You lucky sod I’d give my left arm to just have the shit kicked out of me by one United legend.

In my day we had the entire Class of 92 giving us a kicking. I was just a lad when Beckham curled one of my testes into the top corner while the country celebrated World Cup qualification to this day whenever I’m offered Greek yoghurt as a healthy breakfast alternative I wince.

Paul Scholes used to get Butty to decapitate us so he could hit 40 yard cross fielders into the shitter after enchilada night at Carrington.

And you don’t want to know how Neville got the nickname “busy”.

horsechoker

The Caf's Ezza.
A much more measured response. If you accept all at face value.

Only Charlton? You lucky sod I’d give my left arm to just have the shit kicked out of me by one United legend.

In my day we had the entire Class of 92 giving us a kicking. I was just a lad when Beckham curled one of my testes into the top corner while the country celebrated World Cup qualification to this day whenever I’m offered Greek yoghurt as a healthy breakfast alternative I wince.

Paul Scholes used to get Butty to decapitate us so he could hit 40 yard cross fielders into the shitter after enchilada night at Carrington.

And you don’t want to know how Neville got the nickname “busy”.
:lol:

You try telling the kids that now, and they won't believe ya

BenitoSTARR

Scout
Supports
⭐
Yeah I don’t know many people whose actual takes on this are it’s monumentally scandalous.

He was a twat but replace the phone, make a genuine attempt at reconciliation with the child, accept any damages and the media backlash and think twice about slapping people for no good reason.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Keane would’ve done shit, plastic hard man on the pitch with referees and teammates behind him. Never once seen him punch out a fan in all my years of supporting..
Yeah breaking a kids phones is the sign of true hardness :lol:

Oranges038

Sure, but that sort of shite happens after most games anyway. Doesn’t mitigate slapping a phone out of a child’s hand
Sure it does, happens during games too.

But if your going to give shit, don't be surprised when someone does react. He was being petulant and shouldn't have done it. He slapped a phone out a gobshites hand and he got a little bruise because said gobshite and all the other scrotes around were giving them shit and recording it. But It's not like he punched him in the mouth and knocked out some teeth or broke his jaw.

It just so happens that the one he hit was 14 and is also autistic as well. But that's just Utd's luck this season really. Buy the scrote a new phone and tickets to a champioship game for next season and get over it.

Cloud7

Has the guy who was in the Will Smith thread saying there are fights in his local bar everytime he goes there, weighed in on this event yet?

Mmm-Qatarian

Trying to imagine what the reaction to this would be if it were any of our players other than Cristiano Ronaldo.

Had it been Rashford, Maguire, Wan-Bissaka etc. who had done this I imagine there would be calls for them to have their contracts terminated and for them to be tried in The Hague from some of the people making out that it's not a big deal here...

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
That's what it was, petulant, nothing more, nothing less. Buy the kid a new phone, throw him a signed shirt and move on. I am far more concerned with AWB speeding and driving whilst banned than I am with this non incidence.
Exactly, and nobody said anything else. The weird thing and fuel for the thread are the cries of snowflakes and pleas to understand Cristiano is a wonderful human under pressure. Bizarre.

Unless by moving on you mean not laughing at how ridiculous it is from about 20 perspectives, then no way.

NoLogo

Slapped the kid or the phone?
Slapped the phone, the phone bounced off the ground and hit the kid in the face, which caused Ronaldo to yell SIUUUUU and make his famous goal celebration pose, and then fled the stadium when angry Scousers came after him with self-made hammers.

Well, at least that is how this story is now stuck in my brain after reading this thread.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The only way this could've been worse is if he'd slapped a cat out of that kid's hand.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Slapped the phone, the phone bounced off the ground and hit the kid in the face, which caused Ronaldo to yell SIUUUUU and make his famous goal celebration pose, and then fled the stadium when angry Scousers came after him with self-made hammers.

Well, at least that is how this story is now stuck in my brain after reading this thread.
You forgot the mother bruising the kids hand on the way to Max Clifford's office.

Kellyiom

Never meet your heroes, they say. I'm beginning to think that's probably very good advice in most cases.
When we were kids (about 10 or 11) a mate of mine was caddying in a pro/am golf tournament and saw Alex 'Hurricane' Higgins when they'd finished at the 19th and asked for his autograph. Didn't go down well

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I met Bryan Robson in the 80s. He was lovely.
You are lucky that he never gave to charities, otherwise he could have slapped the bejesus out of you.

Superden

12 yr getting wrist slapped = child abuse
12 yr old hurling all manor of abusive insults at strangers whilst his mum with him = banter.

horsechoker

The Caf's Ezza.
12 yr getting wrist slapped = child abuse
12 yr old hurling all manor of abusive insults at strangers whilst his mum with him = banter.
I thought he was 14?

He keeps getting younger and more disabled!

Why did Ronaldo beat the shit out of a wheel-chair bound 5 year old terminally cancer patient with ms while his mother was forced to watch?

BenitoSTARR

Scout
Supports
⭐
I thought he was 14?

He keeps getting younger and more disabled!

Why did Ronaldo beat the shit out of a wheel-chair bound 5 year old terminally cancer patient with ms while his mother was forced to watch?
Pretty sure he shit in her handbag too.

Skills

Snitch
RONALDO WAS A GREAT PLAYER BUT A DIFFICULT PERSONALITY
HE CLASHED WITH THE AUTISTIC KID BECAUSE HE WAS SHIFTED TO THE WING EVENTHOUGH HE WON BALLON DO'R IN THAT POSITION
TOUGH PERSONALITY ? HE STILL WON PLENTY CLUB AND NATIONLEVEL
NATION
NATION
NATION LEVEL
NATIONAL LEVEL
NATIONAL LEVEL