Ronaldo | Refused to come on as sub, left OT | Axed from squad for Chelsea & fined 2 weeks wages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andersons Dietician

You do have to question some of these old pros and what games they have been watching of Ronaldos recently. They also forget one of the main things Fergie spoke about for years in that “no player can be bigger than the club” go as far as to say the manager as well. ETH in cutting him has not only shown he has a set of balls, but also sending a message to everyone else that no matter who you are you follow the rules.

Got more respect for ETH for that. Many probably would have folded. Any way back yo these old pros. Saying how Ronaldo has been mistreated and it’s dreadful he’s been left on the bench. Like seriously WTF?! Granted I’d probably back him as the best finisher but he isn’t getting the chances and really the team looks better without him and I think the decline in his physical abilities has been evident for a while.

Foxbatt

I don't care if he is the best finisher. If he disrespect the manager and the club then he has to go.

Red00012

It’s good to see these so called “experts “ backing Ronaldo . At least we know who have agendas and who don’t . I wonder what Souness would have said if Pogba had walked off

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
So I've been unwell and did not know any of this stuff was going down! Correct decision by ETH and happy to see the club is backing him.
There's no way Erik could let Ronaldo's behaviour go unpunished as it would have seriously diminished him in the eyes of the other players if he catered to Cristiano. This isn't the same player getting you results, he's declining and giving everyone a massive headache in the process as he won't accept he's on the decline and needs to make adjustments accordingly.

I was hoping he could be a part of a cup win or two before he left us, but the blatant disrespect he's shown to everyone cannot, and should not be tolerated. The fans especially have consistently supported him even though he spent many years away from United, and Ronaldo's thanks to us is a feck you because he's not getting what he wants.

Fellow fans need to support the manager as he makes the needed changes to our shit culture.

Hopefully, there won't be any moaning about Ronaldo tomorrow if we don't get a good result against Chelsea. I hope its remembered that ETH made the right decision regardless. Don't want folks falling into the media and pundit trap of manufactured outrage and toxicity.

sugar_kane

The media “disrespect” narrative at the moment is appalling and shameless.

They act like the club have been holding him hostage, even though it’s very clear no-one would take him off our hands all summer.

It really pisses me off how brazen they’re being with it, and that no-one is calling it out. At least it shows that Ten Hag is doing a good job given the non-sensical routes they’re having to go to attack him.

It just seems so weirdly misjudged as well since the vast majority of even neutrals seem to acknowledge Ronaldo has acted like an idiot here and that Ten Hag has handled a difficult situation well. No amount of ABU propaganda is going to change that.

The Souness article doesn’t even make sense - he says we need to stop disrespecting him by putting him on the bench, what’s his alternative?

Jazz

You do have to question some of these old pros and what games they have been watching of Ronaldos recently. They also forget one of the main things Fergie spoke about for years in that “no player can be bigger than the club” go as far as to say the manager as well. ETH in cutting him has not only shown he has a set of balls, but also sending a message to everyone else that no matter who you are you follow the rules.

Got more respect for ETH for that. Many probably would have folded. Any way back yo these old pros. Saying how Ronaldo has been mistreated and it’s dreadful he’s been left on the bench. Like seriously WTF?! Granted I’d probably back him as the best finisher but he isn’t getting the chances and really the team looks better without him and I think the decline in his physical abilities has been evident for a while.
They are working for the media who gives them their 'talking' points. The media sets on a narrative and pays people to perpetuate their crap. Yes, it's sad to see even respected ex players not giving a shit and taking that cash to spout crap against the club that gave them so much.
The sad thing is how easily many people fall for these narratives. Until people stop indulging them, then we will continue seeing this rubbish commentary all over the place.

Will Singh

After what’s been said about him refusing to come on as sub I’m very impressed with ETH or as few people are calling him Erik Ten Inch. He’s put Ronaldo in he’s place and sent a clear message out to any of these spoilt privileged pricks not to feck with him.

Jazz

The media “disrespect” narrative at the moment is appalling and shameless.

They act like the club have been holding him hostage, even though it’s very clear no-one would take him off our hands all summer.

It really pisses me off how brazen they’re being with it, and that no-one is calling it out, but at least it shows that Ten Hag is doing a good job given the non-sensical routes they’re having to go to attack him.

It just seems so weirdly misjudged as well since the vast majority of even neutrals seem to acknowledge Ronaldo has acted like an idiot here and that Ten Hag has handled a difficult situation well. No amount of ABU propaganda is going to change that.

The Souness article doesn’t even make sense - he says we need to stop disrespecting him by putting him on the bench, what’s his alternative?
Come on Souness wants us to lose. There is no way he can't see that we mostly play better without Ronaldo. That's another reason they're crying out for us to start him, because they know he holds us back.

Also, Mendes probably called up a few friendly folks in the press.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
What I find baffling in all of this is that Ronaldo could've waited just a few more games until the WC to exit (respectfully) where he would still have a great report with the fans who adore him, instead of tarnishing his legacy over something so stupid. Just goes to show how little of a fk he cares.
Agreed ... huge mistake from Ronaldo. He could have created a scene during Nov 3 Europa game against Sociedad. That way he would get an 14-day break before the Nigeria-friendly and be well rested before the WC. Maybe even push his bad behavior to Nov 6 game against Aston Villa for an 11-day break. Regardless - you should put him up for sale in January only if you have a CF replacement.

Telsim

We have to get rid as soon as possible. Shame it had to end this way.

Zoo

The whole second part of the press conference from the written media was about Ronaldo. Ten Hag handled it really well and Ronaldo needs to feck off asap.

RedCurry

I don't care if he is the best finisher. If he disrespect the manager and the club then he has to go.
That’s the thing, he’s not even better than Rashford, never mind Martial at finishing anymore. He’s on the bench because he is very much third best striker we have.

RedDevil@84

To the club, the fans by official statement. He disrespected not only the manager, the team but also the club and fans.

'Probably' 'Guessing'? you could simply said nothing it'd be still the same.

Btw you're one of his fans I suppose? Yes/No please.
:lol: :lol:

How am I supposed to know what he did or did not do? Unless ETH says what happened behind the scenes.

You seem too much worked up about this. Even ETH clarified it was a 1 game banishing. If he doesn't learn his lesson, he gets a bigger punishment.

The Firestarter

Geographically, you mean?

At this very moment I'm observing it from an airport in northern Europe.

Yesterday I was observing it from a cafe further south in Europe, then (later that night) from a hotel room.

Tomorrow, I could be observing it from a holding cell in Asia (if things don't go according to plan).

What's your point?
:lol: this post has to win smth

Renegade

It’s mental, Would Arsenal play a 37 year old Henry over Martinelli or Saka? How much did he play when he went their during that Xmas stint?

Would a 37 year old Robbie Fowler or Gerrard be starting for Liverpool and would Souness be outraged if they were being phased out?

Swedish_Plumber

It really is in times like these that you truly understand that the club is bigger than any individual.

Could not give a feck about Ronaldo and the morons running round in circles trying to defend him.

Just give me a squad, any squad of United players playing like Wednesday and get a result against Chelsea. Get the performances in under the radar and then get rid of the last piece of the circus.

Wilt

He‘s done Ten Hag a favour, not needing to consider him for the Chelsea game and showing the rest of the squad who’s boss.

Don’t feck with Ten Hag.

Foxbatt

Exactly. ETH is spot on. These Ronaldo supporters here can feck off with him, if they don't support the club.

arthurka

Did anyone really think this comeback would end well? I just hate that we have become missing more than a Ronaldo click machine.

OpenIntrovert

Part of me thinks rival pundits are deliberately pushing this bad publicity due to how good we dominated tottenham. Its like they think if they bombard united and ETH with bad press, we'd probably crumble and stop the good progress.
We have been dealing with bad press for a long time. With or without Ronaldo, we always had alot of articles focused on us due to our huge popularity in the global scale.

ETH does not really bother about the media and neither do the players. Unless ETH does press conferences, he also would not know most of the stuff being spread around. We will be fine.

The Red Thinker

The clarity in decision making and coaching is what makes ETH’s decisions palatable. By laying down the law to anyone and everyone regardless of stature in a way where he doesn’t demean or embarrass the players will command respect. Quiet charisma is what I call it.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
There’s always one thing after another at our club… it was pogba/lingard causing problems and a lot of disruption and now it’s Ronaldo. Why do we never have a season of just football and positive things coming out of carrington… you don’t get this at city/Liverpool. Becoming a joke that every season we have distractions and at least 1 player causing problems in the dressing room. Get him gone ASAP and build your exciting team Ten Hag.

izec

There’s always one thing after another at our club… it was pogba/lingard causing problems and a lot of disruption and now it’s Ronaldo. Why do we never have a season of just football and positive things coming out of carrington… you don’t get this at city/Liverpool. Becoming a joke that every season we have distractions and at least 1 player causing problems in the dressing room. Get him gone ASAP and build your exciting team Ten Hag.
Because we hoard these idiots and egocentric drama queens. Dont buy them, and you have no drama.

Ronaldo is more or less done football wise, so we have the bad without the good.

Status
Not open for further replies.